Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

Discus and support Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We can hear other people talking, they can hear us talking. But she and I can't hear each other. This is a problem because of the noise cancelling... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CTRL ALT NOPE, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

We can hear other people talking, they can hear us talking. But she and I can't hear each other. This is a problem because of the noise cancelling headsets. She is using the XB1 stereo headset and I have TB X32.

xbox support seems stumped. Any suggestions?

:)

CTRL ALT NOPE, Sep 3, 2014
  2. FraggerMD
    FraggerMD Guest
    2 player chat on same xbox

I and my son ran into the same thing today. I bought us both Logitech headsets for Christmas. We are able to play split screen, and we can talk to other members of our party. But we can't hear each other talk. The headsets block out most outside noise,
    so even though he and I are sitting right next to each other, we can't coordinate with each other in-game.

Microsoft if you're listening, please add an option that allows two people with headsets, playing on the same console, to chat with each other *through* the headsets.

FraggerMD, Sep 3, 2014
  3. Alliasjay
    Alliasjay Guest
    Party chat through Headset

Greetings.

The annoying issue here is that when I plug in my XB1 Headset (to make use of the Mic, rather than using the Kinect) I no longer hear people in my party through my headset (Wireless). When I unplug the XB1 headset I get my party chat through my headphones.
    I do not really want to have to have this XB1 headset stuck to one ear with my proper headset on the other.

Just wondering if anyone has come across a solution for this, and I cannot really solder wireless headphones to the XB1 headset, so that's not really an option. Would much prefer to just use the XB1 Headset Mic and my own Headset with party chat coming through
    my own headset (as if I was using the Kinect for the Mic)

Cheers

Alliasjay, Sep 3, 2014
  4. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

Is this on the same Xbox One by chance? Anyone on the same console will not be heard through party chat for the other because the console considers them to be in the same room and doesn't broadcast it. If it is from different consoles in the same household,
    it could be network related. Do you know what each consoles NAT type shows up as if this is the case?

EddieHendrickson, Sep 3, 2014
  5. EddieHendrickson Win User

Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 console

Is this on the same Xbox One by chance? Anyone on the same console will not be heard through party chat for the other because the console considers them to be in the same room and doesn't broadcast it. If it is from different consoles in the same household,
    it could be network related. Do you know what each consoles NAT type shows up as if this is the case?
  6. DangerousBard Win User

How many headsets can be added to 1 xbox 360 console?

Yes you can add two, yet with some limitations. Both players will need to be logged into separate accounts, and both can be used to chat with others in an online party chat. However, the two players on the same XBox 360 will not be able to hear each other's
    voices in the party chat. This is due to Microsoft disabling local chat on the Xbox 360. Other party members will be able to hear both players, however.
  7. FraggerMD Win User

2 player chat on same xbox

I and my son ran into the same thing today. I bought us both Logitech headsets for Christmas. We are able to play split screen, and we can talk to other members of our party. But we can't hear each other talk. The headsets block out most outside noise,
    so even though he and I are sitting right next to each other, we can't coordinate with each other in-game.

Microsoft if you're listening, please add an option that allows two people with headsets, playing on the same console, to chat with each other *through* the headsets.
  8. ThatOneMurse Win User

Chat mixer not showing up with Astro a50

ok so I did end up trying to see if using my other two headsets would fix the problem, both are completely different brands, and I’m still having the same issue. Party chat volume is obnoxiously loud and the only adjustment I can make is the volume of the
    game audio. Chat stays the same. So this tells me it’s a somethnng within my xbox itself.
  9. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Optical out patch coming soon ?

[quote user="iDeathly Omen"]

Feb 1st I think the patch is coming since that is when Xb1 headsets are due for release. I will be buying a new turtle beach headset made for Xb1 myself.

[/quote]

What do you mean by headsets? Turtle Beach and other 3rd party headsets or new official chat headsets being released?
Thema:

Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

1. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ... - Similar Threads - Trying headsets chat

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11): after 2 days of trying i finally got it connected to my PC and series x and it sounds fine on my xbox but on my PC it constantly cuts oout and im not sure what to do ive reset it and followed all...
  6. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  7. My headset broke I tried to bend the my headset for my head and it snapped because the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset broke I tried to bend the my headset for my head and it snapped because the...: My headset broke I tried to bend the my headset for my head and it snapped because the plastic is to thin and breaks really easy 11a5ec41-0e7d-4df1-9e77-6a074fc995d8
  8. hi, I'm trying to update how to connect hearing aids to the xbox as a headset. I would love...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi, I'm trying to update how to connect hearing aids to the xbox as a headset. I would love...: ie. "xbox + Ponto5 + connectclip" "xbox + Phonak marvel direct" "xbox oticon px + roger X FM" I am an audiologist and I am trying to build a solution table for my teen patients who want to...
  9. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298
  10. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and I’ve tried I feel like everything and it won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and I’ve tried I feel like everything and it won’t work: My headset chat mixer is all greyed out so I can’t hear any game audio and I’ve tried everything I’ve see and nothing will fix it. 0652c22a-beb0-41b7-87f9-4fb22f8dc4ce