Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

Discus and support Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with attepting to watch live TV on my Xbox One while it's connected to my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. I've attempted to contact... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EvolutionizeIt, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

Hello,

I have an issue with attepting to watch live TV on my Xbox One while it's connected to my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. I've attempted to contact Hauppage Support, but that did not solve anything. If it helps my setup is:

• Xbox One Console
    • Kinect
    • DirecTV Cable Box
    • HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition
    • If it makes any difference I do use the HDMI cord that came with my Xbox to make a connection between the console and my capture card
    Now, I have search several places and forums on the internet and the only problem I could find is that it maybe HDCP. I considered this a strong possibility because I remember on the Xbox360 I could not watch Netflix if my HD PVR was plugged in or I would
    get a direct connection error. I do remember sometime last year when I was using someone else's Xbox One the TV App did indeed work while my PVR was plugged in, so I'm assuming this issue was created by some update Microsoft released. Now there are two reasons
    that I doubt the HDCP theory, the first reason is if that was the case how could the Xbox One use built-in HDMI-Passthrough without running into any issues, because regardless of recording settings, it is still a passthrough that could be used for copyright.
    The second reason is, just a few minutes ago, I attempted to run and record footage through Netflix, Blu-Ray App, and Media Player App, and they all open and worked perfectly, and the recording worked. But if I try to open the TV app while it's plugged in,
    I get a black screen and eventually it says it has lost connection from my cable box. Maybe Xbox changed the HDCP settings to only affect the TV App but in all honesty I doubt that. The only reason I want this possible is because I do a lot of recording, live
    streams, and video edits and the footage I get from my PVR. It becomes a hassle to have the switch the HDMI cords around everytime I want to do one or the other. The whole point of the console having a built-in HDMI-Passthrough is to make things run more smoothly,
    and become easier, but for people like me, it's made it worse. It's better for us to just keep it connected to a completely seperate HDMI port. That's all I've got right now, if anyone has any ideas or advice for this issue, please share.

:)

EvolutionizeIt, Feb 8, 2015
  2. Watch / Record TV with an HD PVR 2 on the Xbox One?

Is there a way to watch TV on the xbox one with the hauppauge HD PVR 2? {tried connecting my cable box to the HDMI in port on the xbox one and had my HD PVR 2 out towards my TV which also is connected to my laptop to get that 2nd screen to record but gives
    me a black screen and the only way to watch TV on the xbox one is have it connected to the TV 100% fully}

FlashSentryKing, Feb 8, 2015
  3. GazCBG
    GazCBG Guest
    Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition with HDMI Splitter for 2 Xboxs

Hi,

Was to sure where to post this, so if it need to be moved can a Mod or Admin do so, thanks.

I have a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition which is connected to my Xbox 360, I should be getting my Xbox One before the end of the month and I would like to have both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One connected to the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

So I have found a HDMI Auto/Manual Splitter (think that what it called) and I was wondering, if I was to plug the HDMI Splitter into the input on the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, then the Xbox 360 and Xbox One into the HDMI splitter.

I know I would only be able to record one at a time, but that fine.

Then either manually change it, or hopefully auto switch.

Does anyone know if this will work?

GazCBG, Feb 8, 2015
  4. kpd328
    kpd328 Guest

I'm having the same issue; I know I'm necro'ing but why ask the same question twice. The one difference between his setup and mine is that I don't have a Kinect and my Xbox is first hooked up to an HDMI selector (along with my 360 and Wii u) then hooked
    up to my PVR. I've noticed that since I've purchased the PVR I haven't been able to play Blu-rays and most DVD's through my Xbox, now that I've found out that I can't use my cable box through the Xbox I'm in the same dilemma. I'm used to not even using the
    TV pass through because I don't have a Kinect but if the HDCP problem (which I'm assuming it is) could be alleviated then my whole setup would work but for now it doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.

kpd328, Apr 23, 2016
  5. kpd328 Win User

I'm having the same issue; I know I'm necro'ing but why ask the same question twice. The one difference between his setup and mine is that I don't have a Kinect and my Xbox is first hooked up to an HDMI selector (along with my 360 and Wii u) then hooked
    up to my PVR. I've noticed that since I've purchased the PVR I haven't been able to play Blu-rays and most DVD's through my Xbox, now that I've found out that I can't use my cable box through the Xbox I'm in the same dilemma. I'm used to not even using the
    TV pass through because I don't have a Kinect but if the HDCP problem (which I'm assuming it is) could be alleviated then my whole setup would work but for now it doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.
  6. Raining KFC Win User

Recommendations for game capture

Go ahead and pick up the hd pvr if your gonna record in hd or have an hd tv. If you dont just grab a dazzle. For editing download Sony Vegas.
  7. SandM1tch Win User

HD PVR Gaming Edition 2 HDMi Splitter?

HDMI splitters usually take one input source and switch them 1 other output on the switch. it usually cannot split 1 input HDMI source into 4+ other output HDMI sources unless its amplified. but what your asking, its sounds about right. When your NOT using
    your HD PVR, you would switch the splitter to the output your TV is on and when you wanted to use the HD PVR, you would switch the splitter to the HD PVR which is already connected to the HDTV and you would be set.

-

Only thing is they are a bit pricey and you would need like 2 more HDMI cables.
  8. Im Going Space Win User

Netflix error x7361-1254-c00d7159

I have my xbox one wired up with a HD PVR 2, and got this error, wired it direct into the tv (LG 42" most recent Non smart tv) via the bundled HDMI Lead. Sorted.
  9. CAMARO Xlll Win User

Capturing Devices

right, the external devices are going to give you greater freedom to record and edit clips on your PC. The original HD PVR though only accepts component so you will need converters. the HD PVR 2 will hook in seamlessly.
Thema:

1. Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition - Similar Threads - Trying App while

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.: My Xbox PC app told me it needed to update, so I updated it via the Windows Store. When I tried to launch the app again it got stuck on the loading screen eternally. After about ten minutes of...
  4. Xbox app - Try the update again - need help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app - Try the update again - need help: I'm right now trying to launch Xbox app on pc to play SOT but I keep getting this error, I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft store and Xbox app and have tried some other...
  5. verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...: I've tried literally everything in youtube videos I'm starting to think its because of windows 11. d86fda47-838b-4351-9d9d-e0048f134973
  6. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  7. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  8. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  9. I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app: I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app and I used my phone number for recovery but I forgot I must’ve added two factor a long time ago so I had to get a code from my...
  10. My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....: As mentioned, any app or other items, such as settings. just crash out completely. I see older questions similar to this, but I'm not seeing any real resolution. MS support used to be awesome a...