trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a...

Discus and support trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my original order was an Xbox elite series 2 controller. I then returned it because the controller developed issues using my extended three year... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dan brown6, Nov 18, 2023.

1. dan brown6
    dan brown6 Guest

trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a...

Hello, my original order was an Xbox elite series 2 controller. I then returned it because the controller developed issues using my extended three year warranty. I received a new unit after some time But it was a shoddy condition refurbished unit which was in worse condition than the one I sent in. That controller developed issues straight away but because I didn’t want to spend hours on the phone to overseas call centers, I thought I'd just live with the issues, but eventually the battery stopped working, and it only worked when it was plugged in - now it doesn’t work at all it won’t even turn on. So I ned to return my controller for a replacement but the website isn’t giving me an option to. I have the extended 3 year warranty. I do not want a refurbished unit, if you refuse to supply a brand new unit then I want a full refund.

I can supply original order number upon request

:)

dan brown6, Nov 18, 2023
  2. Lt Farty Pants Win User

Xbox Series X extended warranty

Yes you can. I preordered my Series X from Best Buy. I received it Nov 11th.

Just this morning I added the Microsoft Extended warranty for $49 plus tax.

You have 45 days from purchase date to add it.

It's a great deal in that it extends the warranty out 3 years (not 3 years past initial warranty, just 3 years from registered date) and covers up to 2 controller replacements (only 1 replacement if controller is the Elite) and 1 console replacement.

Best Buy wanted $69 and only extended 2 years and included only 1 controller replacement and 1 console replacement.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a replacement for my first unit.

Hello dan brown6,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are trying to request accessory replacement through the web and is there is no option in your end. Let us help you how to get this done through other support options.

Before we proceed any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that here in community forum, we do not have the tool to check warranty and process replacement. This can be done through online, or you can reach out to our live support channel. We will help you get there.

To contact our live support channel, see the steps below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

4. andrewGiorlando Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller

They recently extended the warranty for elite 2 to one year. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/elite-controller-series-2-warranty . maybe this will help
  5. Lt Farty Pants Win User

extended warranty

I pre ordered my Series X through Best Buy and received it and registered it on my Microsoft account on Nov 11th.

Just this morning I went online to Microsoft Complete warranty website and started an online chat and purchased the extended warranty through Microsoft for $49 plus tax.

All they did was went online and saw my Series X was registered and added on the extended warranty for me.

It is really a good deal at $49 and covers 1 console replacement and 2 controller replacements for 3 years. Best Buy warranty is $69 for 2 years and only covers 1 console replacement and 1 controller replacement.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Updating warranty for xbox elite controller

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello John, Microsoft has determined that the Elite's warranty has increased from 90 days to 01 year, so please try following the procedure in the link below to upgrade your warranty.

"to ensure your satisfaction, we're extending the warranty coverage period on Elite Series 2 controllers from 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase."

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase

https://support.microsoft.com>/en-us/topic/u...
Thema:

1. trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a... - Similar Threads - trying extended warranty

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  8. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  9. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  10. unable to reset home xbox - tried the exception and it extended the ban by three months....

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to reset home xbox - tried the exception and it extended the ban by three months....: One child changed home xbox to a friend's (different house). Now younger sibling cannot access all features while older one is using xbox. Used up 5 changes. Tried to do the help thing where you...