trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password

Discus and support trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; every. single. time. i try to log into to the broken xbox app. i just keep getting asked for my password in an infinite loop. its not signing me in i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Golololololol, Dec 3, 2023.

1. trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password

every. single. time. i try to log into to the broken xbox app. i just keep getting asked for my password in an infinite loop. its not signing me in i just keep getting asked for my password back to back to back, your app is broken

:)

Golololololol, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password

Hello Golololololol,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Golololololol,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble signing into the Xbox app. Upon checking, this issue can occur if your account is not properly synced with your console. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here and check if there is an issue with it. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your console: Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console. Select Restart. Try to sign in again. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, try the next solution.
    2. Remove and then re-add your account to the console: Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account. Select Remove accounts. Select your account, and then confirm removal. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Add new. Enter your Microsoft account email address and password. Complete the personalization settings on the next several screens.
    3. Restore factory settings: If the above steps don’t work, you’ll need to restore the default factory settings on the console. To do this, see: How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults. Warning: Restoring your console to factory default settings erases all accounts, apps, games, saved games, and settings. Anything that isn’t synchronized with the Xbox network will be lost. (Your console syncs with Xbox automatically when it’s connected with the service.)

Hope I helped. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. BriceMcMillan Win User

Downloading my profile onto Xbox 360

Hello,

I turned on two-step verification. How do I sign in to an app or device that doesn’t prompt for security proofs?
    Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) or devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password
    to sign in.

After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You will use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.
    3. Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.
    4. On your Xbox console, when you are prompted for your Microsoft account password, enter the app password that is displayed on the screen.

Hope this helps
  5. Aussie Michael Win User

account error code

Solution 1: Did you recently sign up for two-step verification?

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security
    proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app
    password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

Sign in to your Microsoft account.

Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.

After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You will use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of your Microsoft account password.
  6. MB5656 Win User

Account Deleted. I need assistance!

now though if you set up your account for two step verification then it wont work do this:

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security
    proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app
    password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

Sign in to your Microsoft account.

Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.
Thema:

1. trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password - Similar Threads - trying sign app

2. i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...: what do i need to do to fix it or get it to let me sign in? 01dac490-f328-4a46-9103-672f782aa149
  3. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  4. I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong: My Xbox user is CurvedZero93840 5efbdb22-cde3-413c-9219-320b6e3c5a4e
  5. Hello I keep trying to sign into Microsoft through the feed the beast app (an app for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I keep trying to sign into Microsoft through the feed the beast app (an app for...: I have tried repeated times to sign into Microsoft through feed the beast but for whatever reason Microsoft keeps blocking it, I'm not sure what to do to stop this or fix it I just want to play...
  6. WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN IN

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN IN: Notifying experts… WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN INNotifying experts… WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I...
  7. When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen: For example, I am trying to sign in Xbox game pass and the app gets stuck in white with just a moment text, but when I try to sign in with another account I don't get this problem....
  8. Trying to sign into my Microsoft account on Microsoft apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to sign into my Microsoft account on Microsoft apps: For some reason I have this problem where when I try to sign into any Microsoft app, such as Xbox, Minecraft, or Windows PC phone assistant, it would take me to the login screen and after trying...
  9. Error code 0x87DD0033 when trying to sign in on both xbox one console and xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code 0x87DD0033 when trying to sign in on both xbox one console and xbox app.: Other accounts can sign in no issue. I can also sign in with my account on Microsoft website. Wifi is good, xbox servers are running, changed my password, everything seems normal. What’s my issue?...
  10. xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button...: xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button is not working. After each of these efforts, I have re-started the computer: Have tried repair, reset,...