Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to...

Discus and support Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; [img] This is Bedrock on PC. She is part of my Microsoft family, but has all permissions granted, and is rated as a 15 year old for age restrictions.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jay-AsherMorgan, Aug 30, 2023.

1. BigWag 13 Win User

how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work?

On a side note, my daughter does show up and none of the settings (to include setting her as an adult) allow her to connect to her realms.
  2. Xean5 Win User

Minecraft Live on Xbox one and Windows 10 - Child accounts can't join realm

I'm having the same issue, had a realm+2, which I played with grandsons, my children wanted to play, so upgraded to realm+10 Jan 2nd , now none of them can join, same error can't play multiplayer, all have allow for multiplayer, my two youngest children
    both have adult accounts, grandsons child accounts.

Contacted xbox live with my youngest daughter (18) spent 30mins on phone going through settings on all three tabs in security safely.

To no avail. They said they would get back to me but to try mojang!!!
  3. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to buy this - We can't send a request for this one, so you'll have to ask them another way."

Hi Jay-AsherMorgan.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry for this incident.

Am sharing a previous post about this incident:

Because Realms is a subscription, it cannot ask directly for a purchase. As XboxIsBetterThanPlayStation mentioned, you will need to ask your parent to go to https://account.microsoft.com/family to make changes. Have your parent then:

Click on your profile

Click on Spending

In the spending page, under the Payment methods > Credit cards have them toggle Require approval for every purchase off. Additionally, they can add funds to your account in order to make purchases. Otherwise, when you go to purchase the realm it will ask you to confirm your payment and add a Credit/Debit card, PayPal, or redeem a gift card.

If your parent wants to make sure you can't purchase additional things on your own, be sure to enable Require Approval for Every Purchase again once you've made the purchase.

As your account is a child account, only parent accounts can modify settings.

You can learn more about parental consent and managing settings for Minecraft through Mojang's support page: How to Manage Parental Consent, Family Settings and Realms/Multiplayer Access for a Child Account – Home (minecraft.net)

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/artic...Realms-Multiplayer-Access-for-a-Child-Account

source
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lms-on-a/89bf0f70-0536-455f-b420-eeb96419c5aa

Thanks,
    Mauro
  4. Thund3r5h0ck Win User

Can't update Privacy and Online Safety Settings - Unexpected Error

My problem isn't on the Xbox console but with using Xbox live to sign in to the windows 10 version of minecraft on my PC. I'm completely unable to change any privacy settings on my account, so I can't log in to a friends realm. It seems to be an issue with
    the Family settings - I have access to them on an adult assigned account, but I can't change them. I get the error message "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later"
  5. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
Thema:

Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to...

1. Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to... - Similar Threads - Trying set Realms

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works: I keep trying to redeem my rewards points for the goals but it never goes through. 50ff52c3-475c-44ab-b199-257ff483eda5
  4. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  5. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...: It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable. b9acacb0-b94d-4818-88c4-8a22d3323422
  6. Trying to pair a wireless head set to a xbox one how is it done

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to pair a wireless head set to a xbox one how is it done: Trying to connect wireless headphones to xbox one but connecting 57506e0f-3d6a-4cf8-81bd-e85c68b56275
  7. im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...: i have been trying to do this all day but it keeps popping up i close the tab and do it again it pops up i close the browser and do it again it pops up. 73cd7cb9-d196-4a6c-9438-b9f60f5feb44
  8. I’m trying to set up a console on the Xbox app but there aren’t any codes that appear on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to set up a console on the Xbox app but there aren’t any codes that appear on my...: No codes show in the remote features 0b88a9f9-2af1-41c8-b728-45b31b12ecdc
  9. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  10. xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button...: xbox app opens but keeps clocking. When I try to sign in via settings, the sign in button is not working. After each of these efforts, I have re-started the computer: Have tried repair, reset,...