Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

Discus and support Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Merquades, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Merquades
    Merquades Guest

Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?

:)

Merquades, Dec 30, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing happens except Microsoft Store opens up?

Hi, Merquades my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I'll do my best to guide you through the reinstallation process and address the issue with the Microsoft Store opening instead of setup. Here are some steps to try:

Check for Updates:

Make sure Windows is fully updated, as essential updates might be required for installation. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and install any pending updates.

Run as Administrator:

Right-click on the setup file and select "Run as administrator." This grants the necessary permissions to execute the setup.

Disable Antivirus Temporarily:

Your antivirus or security software might be interfering with the installation. Try temporarily disabling it and then running the setup again.

Check Disc Condition:

Inspect the DVD for any scratches or damage that could be preventing it from reading properly. Clean the disc surface gently with a soft cloth.

Use a Different Disc Drive:

If you have multiple disc drives, try using a different one to see if it resolves the issue.

Reinstall the Microsoft Store:

If the Microsoft Store is malfunctioning, reinstall it to potentially fix any errors:
    Press Windows + X, then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Here are several reasons why the Microsoft Store might open instead of setup when you run it from the DVD:

Digital License Integration:

Microsoft Store as Installer: Even with physical DVDs, MSFS 2020 often relies on the Microsoft Store for its core installation and updates. The DVD might act as a physical key to verify ownership and initiate the download and installation process from the Store.

Dependency Downloads:

Essential Components: The setup might require downloading additional components or updates from the Microsoft Store before proceeding, ensuring you have the latest version and any necessary dependencies.

Account Verification:

Digital Ownership: If you purchased MSFS 2020 digitally, opening the Microsoft Store might be necessary to confirm your ownership status and link the installation to your Microsoft account.

Store-Managed Updates:

Centralized Management: Microsoft Flight Simulator's updates are often managed through the Microsoft Store, even for physical copies. This allows for streamlined updates and better compatibility across different versions of Windows.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. ToreBlåtand Win User

Problem with Xbox Gamingservices and MSFS 2020 on PC windows 10

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunatler none of the actions works. I uninstalled MSFS 2020 and even formatted the disc it was installed on.

The problem now is that both MSFS 2020 and Xbox Gameservices in Microsoft Store are marked with error and requires new download/ update which are also marked with error message as soon as I try to do anything.

No matter what ever I have tried so far ( Windows Store repair, Windows Store repair and components update, among others plus reinstalling Xbox app) I am still not able to install MSFS again.

Maybe the only solution is to reinstall Windows?
  4. sandbender Win User

Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

On October 30, 2021, I tried downloading again, and it worked. After the download, I was able to launch MSFS 2020, reinstall all the updates, and fly.
  5. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Hitting the Xbox to fix tray issues.

surely its now running off the install, not from the disk, try running some DVD's, and unstalling and reinstalling it to make sure its still working.
  6. j cau Win User

FM22 not loading on pc gamepass

Same on lame answers in 2021, and no doubt 2022, where I am. Do this, do that, if that don't work do this or maybe this other thing, and as a last resort - REINSTALL Windows!!!! Really? Xbox on the PC just does not delivery anything of value. I spent three days trying to reinstall MSFS 2020 on a new computer before I finally, accidentally, got it to work. Have the same darn issues in trying to install Farm Simulator 2022.
Thema:

1. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing... - Similar Threads - Trying reinstall msfs

2. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  3. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  4. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  5. When trying to reinstall gta5 on my Xbox one S, it keeps saying installation stopped.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to reinstall gta5 on my Xbox one S, it keeps saying installation stopped.: I've asked about this problem after trying everything, and I was suggested to reset the Xbox, which I did, and it made it install a little more and I thought it was going to work but now it does...
  6. I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...: Call of duty, trying to install while updating and saying installation stopped. I even went as far as to pretty much factory reset the Xbox and it still won't. It'll download the mw2 content pack...
  7. Error 0x80070570 corrupted code when trying to reinstall Fortnite on Xbox OneS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070570 corrupted code when trying to reinstall Fortnite on Xbox OneS: My son had issues with Fortnite. He uninstalled following this code, did the hard reset etc...as seen on some community advice but still can not install Fortnite....keeps getting the same code....
  8. Game says: appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. (0x80070570).

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game says: appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. (0x80070570).: Rocket league won’t download. “The item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. (0x80070570). I’ve tried reinstalling I’ve reset my xbox and xbox live...
  9. I tried to reinstall xbox app on my pc but it get stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried to reinstall xbox app on my pc but it get stuck: Due to some issues, I tried to reinstall XBOX app for pc, I download the XBOX installer from the web of XBOX game pass for several times. But every time when I tried to install it, it will get...
  10. Trying to reinstall gaming services with online help and get error

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall gaming services with online help and get error: I get this error whenever i try to run the command please help. [img] 155db545-5ab8-4cd4-b107-08cde4f8c423