Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag

Discus and support Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to close my old live account so i could transfer the gamertag to this account. Unfortunatly since the old account is closed, i still cant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sneaky Sithnar, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag

Hi,

I tried to close my old live account so i could transfer the gamertag to this account.

Unfortunatly since the old account is closed, i still cant change my name!

how can i fix this?

:)

Sneaky Sithnar, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Double44
    Double44 Guest
    “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”

I'm trying to re-associate my old Microsoft account (with a Google address) with my current gamertag. I did learn that the old account was indeed associated with a free Silver gamertag for reasons I cannot remember. In order to make the switch to the old
    account, I renamed the old account with a new email address, in hopes that I could somehow reclaim the old address. However when I tried to rename, I received the error: 'email isn't available'. What happened to it? Why can't I reclaim it??? Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag :(

Double44, Mar 24, 2017
  3. Trying to get my old Gamertag

I am having the same exact problem. I went in to upgrade my xboxlive account for more cloud storage and it didn't remember me. It took me through a series of verification steps that I thought were never going to end. When they finally "verified" me, I noticed
    I had a totally different gamer tag. Now I have duplicate. I'm waiting in line to speak with support about it...

GuidedBacchus65, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would have had to change the gamertag on the old account in order to free it up for use. There's no way to completely remove an account from the servers so technically your old gamertag is still in use. After about 5 years of it not being sign into,
    it should be freed up for use again.

Smwutches, Mar 24, 2017
  5. 5 years! wow...

Im bored of being sneaky lol!

Sneaky Sithnar, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Sneaky Sithnar Win User

5 years! wow...

Im bored of being sneaky lol!
  7. Smwutches Win User

You would have had to change the gamertag on the old account in order to free it up for use. There's no way to completely remove an account from the servers so technically your old gamertag is still in use. After about 5 years of it not being sign into,
    it should be freed up for use again.
  8. Double44 Win User

“The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”

I'm trying to re-associate my old Microsoft account (with a Google address) with my current gamertag. I did learn that the old account was indeed associated with a free Silver gamertag for reasons I cannot remember. In order to make the switch to the old
    account, I renamed the old account with a new email address, in hopes that I could somehow reclaim the old address. However when I tried to rename, I received the error: 'email isn't available'. What happened to it? Why can't I reclaim it??? :(
  9. Lucas Lauer Win User

Reclaiming Old Gamertag

Hello, Ghqebvful. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to sign in to your old account that has the gamertag you want to use and change the gamertag. It will then become available for you to use on your new account.

Xbox profiles are never completely deleted. So even if your Microsoft account got deleted, the gamertag will still be on the Xbox live server/database. I'm sorry about that.

Do you have access to the Microsoft account associated with this old Xbox profile?
  10. Fui X-S Win User

Reclaiming Old Gamertag

Hey there,

Unfortunately there is no way to reclaim these gamertags unless you have access to the emails or security information (if any at all) associated with them. There is kind of an issue in itself - if you made alternate accounts to get free services, that could be seen as an exploit as well, pushing the issue further away from solvability.

Can you get these accounts/gamertags back?

Short answer, no. IF you do remember any of the emails, though, you may be able to access it through the 'Forgot My Password' option.

I'm sorry the issue couldn't really be resolved. If you have anymore questions or need more information, don't be afraid to send another reply, or head over to support.xbox.com to learn more about alternate routes I may not have covered.

Happy gaming,

Fui
Thema:

1. Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag - Similar Threads - Trying reclaim old

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  4. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  5. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  6. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  7. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  8. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  9. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  10. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be