Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...

Discus and support Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 continually for a week now, but today I tried to launch either of them and it gives me a message... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EthanCoy, Dec 1, 2023.

1. EthanCoy
    EthanCoy Guest

Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...

I've been playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 continually for a week now, but today I tried to launch either of them and it gives me a message saying "When you got a refund on Forza Motorsport it was removed from your device." I have Game Pass Ultimate via my dad who plays Forza on his Xbox and this is how we've always done it, he even tried launching on his Series X and it worked fine so shouldn't be a renewal issue. I also tried Starfield and a few other Game Pass games that I've run fine in the past and they gave me the same message when launching. Only change in this past day is that I upgraded my motherboard and CPU the day before, but not sure why this would change game availability since I signed into windows/Microsoft store on this PC just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

EthanCoy, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from account

Hello Ethan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from account

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with accessing Game Pass games and it shows that it was removed from your device. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This issue may be caused by a change in your hardware configuration, which may affect the digital license of the games. To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

Solution 1.

1. Open the Microsoft Store app on your PC and sign in with the same account that has the Game Pass subscription.

2. Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner and select Settings.

3. Under Offline Permissions, click on Change Device and select your current PC as your offline device.

4. Restart your PC and try launching the games again.

Solution 2. Verify Game Pass Subscription:

• Confirm that your Game Pass Ultimate subscription is active and up-to-date.
    • Sometimes, subscription renewals can cause temporary access issues.

Solution 3. Reset Microsoft Store App and Xbox App
    Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.

Apps & features in Settings

Select the More icon next to the app you want to fix.

Select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (Microsoft Store App and Xbox App). On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available or doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.

Try again Game Pass games to see if it works.

We hope this helps you access the Game Pass games. If this does not work, please let us know and we will assist you further.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. MRallamagoosa Win User

Prob Football Manager 2019

As announced the game has been removed from Game Pass, so now you need to buy it to keep on playing.
  5. DigitalsDiesel Win User

Game pass game suddenly unavailable

The game has been removed from the game pass and can't be played anymore through the game pass.

I'm having the same issue and bit to late to finish it now.
  6. edgar��guerrero Win User

PC FH5 Log-in issue

I have fh5 on my pc through the Xbox app yesterday I was playing convoy with my friend but he could see me and I couldn’t see him we tried everything and got off now I tires playing the game and it tells me that when I got a refund for the game it was removed from my device but I never refunded and game never saw any refund to my account and when I go to the store it says play.
Thema:

1. Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from... - Similar Threads - Trying play Game

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  4. can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...: Change my phone and password now can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is cancel subscription and start all over. Very frustrating...
  5. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  6. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  7. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  8. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  9. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  10. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107