Trying to obtain a Kinect adapter but cant contact support

Discus and support Trying to obtain a Kinect adapter but cant contact support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Xbox one S and need a Kinect adapter. I am currently trying to contact support but every time it signs my info in (i.e. First and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ViperBladeSOS, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Trying to obtain a Kinect adapter but cant contact support

I have upgraded to Xbox one S and need a Kinect adapter. I am currently trying to contact support but every time it signs my info in (i.e. First and last name and email) it places a ";" in my first name and wont let me fix it. Thus not allowing me to contact
    any one from support via chat or phone call. How can I fix this issue if my name is spelt correctly in every other account page and not on the "auto-sign" page for support? If this cannot be fixed, how can I get ahold of a Kinect adapter if I can't contact
    support?

:)

ViperBladeSOS, Sep 29, 2016
  2. SaltSlasher
    SaltSlasher Guest
    Thinking About Getting XBOX ONE S ... How do I get my free Kinect cable?

You buy it and have your serial numbers handy, and you contact Xbox Support:

Contact Us | Xbox Support

SaltSlasher, Sep 29, 2016
  3. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    gds1972, Sep 29, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hi ViperBlade,

That page should be pulling your contact info from here:
    https://account.live.com/

However it may take a while for changes there to propagate to the Support page, so it may be quicker to call them up directly, which you can do here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

maxen, Sep 29, 2016
  5. Hi Maxen,

I see where it is pulling the info from but my name is spelt correctly from the source but when it enters it in the support screen, the ";" still appears

ViperBladeSOS, Sep 30, 2016
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    The link I gave you has the direct phone number for your region - if you're still having issues getting the name to update, I would advise you call them up instead.

maxen, Sep 30, 2016
  7. ms24503
    ms24503 Guest
    Have the same issue, re-routed about 2 times yesterday when l called Microsoft store support number 877-696-7786 [since l did an in store upgrade to the Xbox one S], finally ended up with a support person in some call center, took all my information, verified
    my email via *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** , and promised to send an email letting me know about my getting the kinetic adapter.

No email received yet. Dreading calling again and wasting about 30+ minutes.

ms24503, Oct 1, 2016
  8. ms24503
    ms24503 Guest

Went through the same call routing process like yesterday, finally got to someone at some callcenter handling xbox support. I insisted l get an email stating l will be sent the kinet adapter before hanging up.

Got an email from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, with a service request number and a console number essentially stating below.

=======================================

We have received your accessory service request. We will ship you a replacement product within the next ten (10) working days. A confirmation email will be sent when your replacement product has left our service center.

No further action is needed at this time.

================================

Good luck!

ms24503, Oct 31, 2018
  9. ms24503 Win User

Went through the same call routing process like yesterday, finally got to someone at some callcenter handling xbox support. I insisted l get an email stating l will be sent the kinet adapter before hanging up.

Got an email from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, with a service request number and a console number essentially stating below.

=======================================

We have received your accessory service request. We will ship you a replacement product within the next ten (10) working days. A confirmation email will be sent when your replacement product has left our service center.

No further action is needed at this time.

================================

Good luck!
  10. maxen Win User

Hi ViperBlade,

That page should be pulling your contact info from here:
    https://account.live.com/

However it may take a while for changes there to propagate to the Support page, so it may be quicker to call them up directly, which you can do here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  11. ms24503 Win User

Have the same issue, re-routed about 2 times yesterday when l called Microsoft store support number 877-696-7786 [since l did an in store upgrade to the Xbox one S], finally ended up with a support person in some call center, took all my information, verified
    my email via *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** , and promised to send an email letting me know about my getting the kinetic adapter.

No email received yet. Dreading calling again and wasting about 30+ minutes.
  12. ViperBladeSOS Win User

Hi Maxen,

I see where it is pulling the info from but my name is spelt correctly from the source but when it enters it in the support screen, the ";" still appears
  13. maxen Win User

The link I gave you has the direct phone number for your region - if you're still having issues getting the name to update, I would advise you call them up instead.
Thema:

1. Trying to obtain a Kinect adapter but cant contact support - Similar Threads - Trying obtain Kinect

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  8. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  9. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  10. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...