Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...

Discus and support Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey all, I had a certain gamertag that I used back when I played xbox360. With Halo coming to pc, I was trying to allocate my gamertag to my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KrusTofu, Dec 6, 2019.

1. KrusTofu
    KrusTofu Guest

Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...

Hey all, I had a certain gamertag that I used back when I played xbox360. With Halo coming to pc, I was trying to allocate my gamertag to my microsoft account, but it is currently locked to my old account. I can't do the microsoft account switch as my
    new account has a randomly generated account from when I opened halo reach on steam, and shows that account as "taken". Is there any way to remove this auto-generated gamertag? So I can move my gamertag data across.

:)

KrusTofu, Dec 6, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated gamertag.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to move your existing "old" Microsoft Account's Gamertag to your new Microsoft Account, as this already is a Microsoft Account.

Depending on your situation, you might have to abandon your "new" Microsoft Account (or use it as a secondary account), and make your old Microsoft account with the old Gamertag your "new" main account.

If you don't have a lot of purchases on the new account, you might just move your stuff you have on OneDrive and other Microsoft Services to your old account, and mainly use that then.
  3. xTye Win User

Free name change

It's for new accounts only. If you had your account when this went into effect, it'll cost 800 as yours did. This only applies to new accounts as they give you a randomly generated Gamertag.
  4. benwoony Win User

How to remove Xbox Profile from Microsoft Account

I don't want to create a new Microsoft Account. I already have the desired Microsoft Accounts. I just want to get rid of the Microsoft generated Xbox Profile/Gamertag for Account #2, so I can move my Xbox Profile/Gamertag from Account #1.

Thanks
  5. MisterBalloons Win User

Error changing e-mail adress

Hey Venomz,

When this error message appears when trying to switch Microsoft Accounts and they are not in the 30 day "pending period," it generally means that a Gamertag is already associated to the Microsoft Account you are trying to move your content to. You may want
    to create a brand new email address and transfer the account to that one before associating a Gamertag to it.

Let us know if you need any other assistance!
  6. Photonimus Win User

How to delete an account for good.

And be very very careful to not generate a new gamertag with the new microsoft account.
Thema:

1. Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated... - Similar Threads - Trying move gamertag

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  8. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  9. What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...: I was sitting watching YouTube and I have wireless headphones so my controller usually turns off. When I turned it back on I couldn't move so I turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on through...
  10. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da