Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

Discus and support Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to log into Minecraft to get to the Java version of the game, but it seems as when I try to log into another Microsoft account to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John Pancoast, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

I've been trying to log into Minecraft to get to the Java version of the game, but it seems as when I try to log into another Microsoft account to reach it, I always get asked for a pin. Now I never had a pin or did I have the setting on that requires me to use a pin. So, I tried entering in a pin, I was able to do it successfully until when I entered it onto the screen it said the pin is incorrect. I hopped back on the other Windows 10 computer I have which houses the account to get another pin. I got the other pin but when I entered it I had no luck. And now here we are, I removed the pin but to see nothing more than the same.
    I've heard about a file you can edit or remove, but after scanning all my files I haven't seen it.
    It would be appreciated if you could help me.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

John Pancoast, Jun 25, 2023
  2. Terrific_Tinfoil Win User

Being Redirected Back To Login Page After Logged In User Selector Appears to say Signed IN

The problem is here that, I cannot log into Microsoft, I use a @gmail.com domain account to log into the Microsoft Account by a security pin that is sent to the @gmail.com pin. I don't understand how I am supposed to log in when I click the Log in button, it just redirects me back to the log in page, and when I click the Sign Up button, it shows me the current accounts that are logged in to the webpage, and that my @gmail.com account is logged in. This bug occurs elsewhere too, if I try to log into Outlook, It does not allow me to log in, and even after I filled in the security pin, I get redirected back to the sign in page, after it accepts the pin.

So this is what is happening:

On any Microsoft Site, I log in with @gmail.com Domain

I go check my @gmail.com mailbox, to find the security code

I enter the security code into the box, asking for it so that I can log in.

It asks me if I want to stay logged in, I say yes

It redirects me back to the sign in page for microsoft.

This is a issue that persists across multiple platforms all with Microsoft, including Xbox, Minecraft and Outlook.
  3. JumbaMuffin Win User

Minecraft account migrate help

Thanks, you as well.

On the minecraft launcher, I click "sign in with microsoft" and it gives me a selection of accounts to choose from. First off, I can't find a way to figure out which of the accounts is the actual minecraft account.

When I try to log in to one, I type in my email and password but then it requests for me to enter my PIN.

I didn't even have a PIN for the account that I used.

Hope that helps
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

PIN not working.

Hello Liz Duguay1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your PIN. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try resetting your PIN. Here are the steps to reset your PIN:

1. Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page and select "Sign in with a security key or a different password."

2. Enter your email address and click "Next."

3. Select "Forgot my PIN" and follow the prompts to reset your PIN.

4. Once you've reset your PIN, try logging in to your Minecraft account again.

If resetting your PIN doesn't work, you can try signing in to your Minecraft account using your email and password instead of your PIN. If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. MEB_2022 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection won't download

Hi there - so I figured out how to download the Minecraft for windows game - I've installed it under my 'admin' account on the laptop - and I need to give access so my son can play the game under his account. Can you tell me the path to the exe file so I can copy it into his profile so he can play it. Or what's the best way to do this.

I thought I could just log into my microsoft store account when logged in under my son's user account but when I try to log into the microsoft store it asks for my pin which I type in but says it's incorrect. When I log back in under my user account on the laptop and log into my microsoft store account my pin works. So this is really weird.

Can you help me.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

it does not identify your account's digital license, log into your web account and add the trusted device to your account.

the pin it asks for in installations and adding accounts, it's from your pc, it has a password, this is the pin it asks for, it's not the account password, on the pc a pin was added that is the password to access windows .
Thema:

Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

1. Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin... - Similar Threads - Trying log Minecraft

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  4. I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...: I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account but then it says I have to change my ENTIRE user to be my old account just to play minecraft? please help...
  5. I am trying to play Minecraft Realms on my PS4 but every time I try to log in to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play Minecraft Realms on my PS4 but every time I try to log in to my...: I have tried all different potential emails it will be and nothing is working, can someone please guide me? I've tried googling answers but nothing seems to work. Do I need to reset my PS4 or...
  6. I try to log into minecraft on my ps5 and it says I’ve already signed in with a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I try to log into minecraft on my ps5 and it says I’ve already signed in with a different...: As above. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling. Never signed in before as far as I’m aware. 56ca4d5e-13a6-4898-ad29-d44deceab6e2
  7. I tried to join a server on Minecraft and it keeps telling me I must log into XBL I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried to join a server on Minecraft and it keeps telling me I must log into XBL I...: I tried to join a server on Minecraft and it keeps telling me I must log into XBL I am a playstation user I was wondering how to fix it as this hasn't happened before...
  8. I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...: It seems my Minecraft is somehow "linked" to an email, which got stolen from and I can't access it anymore. I made a different account using a different email, but when I want to log in, it...
  9. I’m trying to log in to cross platform play for Minecraft dungeons on my ps5.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log in to cross platform play for Minecraft dungeons on my ps5.: It’s giving me an error message that says account can not be linked, make sure you’re connected to the internet. Not sure what’s going on my internet is fine it just won’t connect...
  10. When I tried in to log in to my Minecraft account through Microsoft, it said my account did...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I tried in to log in to my Minecraft account through Microsoft, it said my account did...: When I faced this problem my first thought was that everything will be fixed if I just make a new Microsoft account through the same email and log in, but that did not work. When I logged in to...