Trying to link my xbox account and steam account

Discus and support Trying to link my xbox account and steam account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently a friend of mine suggested playing deep rock galactic with some friends of ours, sure why not, its on gamepass, ill give it a go and just play... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HulianBabulian, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Trying to link my xbox account and steam account

Recently a friend of mine suggested playing deep rock galactic with some friends of ours, sure why not, its on gamepass, ill give it a go and just play with them cross platform. Sadly, as i have tried multiple different privacy settings and linkages from the xbox side AND the steam side, nothing seems to work. I get to the confirmation step of hey this is YOU trying to link to this steam account? When i accept the link i am given it just boots me back to the settings menu with the accounts still unlinked. Im not sure if its xbox problem, steam problem, or the third party site that is causing the issue (the intermediary is called sisu? or something?) Anyone else having this particular problem? Thanks!

:)

HulianBabulian, Jun 25, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello HulianBabulian,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is possible that there is an issue with your steam account. In this regard, try contacting Steam support for further assistance. Let us help you how to get there and submit a ticket.

Here is how:

• Go to this link: Steam Support (steampowered.com)
    • click Sign in to Steam
    • Log in to your account. Enter the username and password associated with your Steam account and click Log In.
    • Select a product you are having an issue with. In your case, select Account.
    • Click the issue you are having.
    • Click Contact Steam Support. This will bring you to the page to where you submit a ticket.
    • Fill out the form and click Send.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. HulianBabulian Win User

Well the short answer for which ways i've tried is basically all of them? I tried going through my xbox settings menu and linking it that way, i've tried doing it on the xbox app, i've even taken all the authenticators off for steam and then tried it, then put them back on and tried it again, i've tried messing with all my privacy settings and that hasn't worked. Like i'm literally out of options. The only time i've gotten any feed back on trying to link them is on the xbox app but all i get is a super generic "failed to update, please try again later" message. No error codes anywhere, its even worse on the xbox when i try to do it through the settings menu it just kicks me back out into when i try to link them there.

Edit: I even tried to link them on my laptop using the xbox game bar and no luck, forgot about that one.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello HulianBabulian,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying to link your Xbox account and Steam account and is unable. Let us check on what is causing the issue and able to correct it so that you can link it successfully.

If we may ask, how did you link your Xbox account to Steam account? If it does not work with the method you are currently using, try the other way around. For your reference see the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Near_272 Win User

Bungie.net authentication error

My Xbox Live account is linked to my bungie account

im trying to link my xbox account with my steam so i can play destiny 2 on my pc
  6. PunisheR_ Win User

Can't Connect Online Forza 4 Pc Steam Version

i have xbox app and steam,.my steam account and my friend account steam ,we both of them linked already to microsoft ,
Thema:

1. Trying to link my xbox account and steam account - Similar Threads - Trying link account

2. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  3. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  4. I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...: I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods onto my GamePass version of Crusader Kings 3 and I think linking the accounts would fix that. I can’t get...
  5. Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is...: I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic account to access my Nintendo rocket league account with my xbox, and to connect it to my fortnite on my xbox. For both rocket league and fortnite...
  6. trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass: I have xbox gamepass ultimate on xbox I just bought a new pc. when I log in it gives me an old microsoft account. I cant seem to find a away to link the account that is on my xbox can anyone...
  7. Hi I can't relink my discord account I've tried multiple times but it just won't link.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi I can't relink my discord account I've tried multiple times but it just won't link.: I've tried relinking on my Xbox, on my phone, and even on my computer but it just won't relink Update: it fixed it self! 7b7f7e26-78bb-4f23-b2c6-8e2ca6054f2a
  8. Error when trying to link discord account to Xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Error when trying to link discord account to Xbox account: When I try to link my discord account, the Xbox says that I need to relink it, and when I relink it the same thing happens. 7aa53093-b240-47a8-9566-6234f7b53fa4
  9. So I’m trying to link my prime gaming account to my activison but as I’m trying to log into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I’m trying to link my prime gaming account to my activison but as I’m trying to log into...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** fe1af3fb-a919-4480-abc3-2a6cebae28c6
  10. So i am trying to link my ps4 account with my xbox but i don’t know where to go what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    So i am trying to link my ps4 account with my xbox but i don’t know where to go what do i do?: so i know all my info and whatnot for xbox but i have no clue where to go to link it i have some stuff linked to my ps4 like my activision. What do I do? eff0e46f-10dd-463e-9991-2b7cebe41952