Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

Discus and support Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Distressed MC player, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get is a message saying: "Working on it, it looks like this request got accepted the game should be added soon" but I nor my parent has payed yet and it has been a few days. Please respond!

:)

Distressed MC player, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Please, try the troubleshooting Apple described here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203025

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Distressed MC player Win User

Thank you for the quick response Rodrigo Oliver, but the problem lies on the fact that I can't ask for approval again because it always says how it was accepted the second I send it.

Thank you for the support!
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Distressed M, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try asking for approval again.

For more information: https://support.apple.com/105055
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Minecraft Launcher and the website tell me to buy Game Pass for PC even though I have Ultimate

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try downloading Minecraft Launcher on ONLY MICROSOFT STORE on your friend's or family member windows desktop/laptop using your account. 2nd Sign in the account that you own the gamepass to the minecraft java. The game will verify that you own the gamepass then you're processed when it says "play with gamepass" than the demo version. Final step is to download minecraft launcher on your MacOS from minecraft(dot)net/download then download the MacOS version and after downloaded you sign in with gamepass account then you're done.

I'm saying to download from MS store on your friend's or family's windows pc is because the MS store version will actually validate your gamepass than the minecraft.net version. After you've validate on your windows you can go to your Mac and download from minecraft.net/download for macOS then sign in the account that you own the gamepass.

Credit - ZSpiffyGamerZ
  6. Rostom L Win User

Would I be able to play Minecraft on my Mac, if I purchase it through the Xbox website?

Hi there!

As long as you purchase the Minecraft Java Edition, it will work on your MacOS. Be sure to use the same Microsoft account to access the game on your MacOS so your game license will be detected in game.
Thema:

1. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account - Similar Threads - Trying install Minecraft

2. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  3. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  4. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  5. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...
  6. I'm trying to install some mods for minecraft but i keep getting an exit error 1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to install some mods for minecraft but i keep getting an exit error 1.: A few details about my situation. 1 I have Minecraft premium. 2 I have installed Forge for Minecraft 1.20.1. 3 I have Java version 8. 4 I looked up for help and saw a video advising to install...
  7. I can not install minecraft it says retry every time I try to install it PLS HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not install minecraft it says retry every time I try to install it PLS HELP: if the imagine doesn't pop up all it shows is something went wrong retry, e331608f-320a-4a91-8921-5427706af391
  8. Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher: I always get Error 0x89235106 when trying to install the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store. I have an Internet connection and no Problems installing other apps. When trying to install...
  9. Error code: 0x803F8001 when trying to install the Minecraft launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x803F8001 when trying to install the Minecraft launcher: Yes, I do own the game. [img] 22b4069c-ad04-4055-a8f7-ced466f8d626
  10. error code that i cant find anything about when trying to start any installation of minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code that i cant find anything about when trying to start any installation of minecraft: When I try to start an installation in java it starts installing before it pauses at around 30 MB and stops, then will say either connection was reset or that there was less than 30 bytes...