Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD

Discus and support Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i have an ext hd and i wanted to put my movies and shows on it...(dont need the space for games)....wanted to use it with Media Player App... Is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JupiterDUKEYS, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD

so i have an ext hd and i wanted to put my movies and shows on it...(dont need the space for games)....wanted to use it with Media Player App...

Is this possible?

i reformatted it when i plugged it into the xbox so it could be used...but then windows now doesnt recognize the drive....how do i add medai ? can i?

thanks.

:)

JupiterDUKEYS, Feb 1, 2015
  2. Would this External Hard Drive Work

Any ext. hdd will work as long as it supports usb 3.0. I'm using a Seagate Backup Plus 2tb ext hdd and it works great!

MaximumExtreme, Feb 1, 2015
  3. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    How do I go about buying an external hard drive for the xbox one?

I use a Seagate Expansion 2tb usb 3.0 (connected to the back usb 3.0 on the XBOX ONE). 5200 rpm usb powered

I love it. Much faster and quiet!!

COD 2 HALO, Feb 1, 2015
  4. MarkMoore793
    MarkMoore793 Guest

Not used an external HD, but have done the same with a USB stick with no issues, so I suppose my question would be "did you have to format it?" As I say, I have not done, this, but am thinking there might be a difference between wanting to us the external
    HD to expand you XBox storage (which might need a format) and using it as a media drive (which should not need a format) Were you offered the option of formatting the drive, or did it happen automatically?

MarkMoore793, Feb 1, 2015
  5. The drive must have no partions on it at all i would use a formating tool format it i had this issue my drive had a small 100mb partion on it

cheesyhunter1, Feb 1, 2015
  6. You've chosen to format the drive for Xbox One storage. You do not need to do this to play multimedia content with the Media Player app. Now that the hard drive is formatted for the Xbox One, Windows will no longer see the drive.

To get Windows to see the drive again, re-attach it and run Windows Disk Manager. You can find this in control panel. Windows Disk Manager should see the drive and you will get a window pop up asking you to initialise the drive. Once this is done, your hard
    drive should now be detected in Windows again. Copy whatever content you want to the drive and then re-attach it to the Xbox One.
    Do not format the drive when prompted.

Run the media player application and all of your files should now be viewable on the console.

Obsessive Power, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

You've chosen to format the drive for Xbox One storage. You do not need to do this to play multimedia content with the Media Player app. Now that the hard drive is formatted for the Xbox One, Windows will no longer see the drive.

To get Windows to see the drive again, re-attach it and run Windows Disk Manager. You can find this in control panel. Windows Disk Manager should see the drive and you will get a window pop up asking you to initialise the drive. Once this is done, your hard
    drive should now be detected in Windows again. Copy whatever content you want to the drive and then re-attach it to the Xbox One.
    Do not format the drive when prompted.

Run the media player application and all of your files should now be viewable on the console.
  8. cheesyhunter1 Win User

The drive must have no partions on it at all i would use a formating tool format it i had this issue my drive had a small 100mb partion on it
  9. MarkMoore793 Win User

Not used an external HD, but have done the same with a USB stick with no issues, so I suppose my question would be "did you have to format it?" As I say, I have not done, this, but am thinking there might be a difference between wanting to us the external
    HD to expand you XBox storage (which might need a format) and using it as a media drive (which should not need a format) Were you offered the option of formatting the drive, or did it happen automatically?
  10. MaximumExtreme Win User

Would this External Hard Drive Work

Any ext. hdd will work as long as it supports usb 3.0. I'm using a Seagate Backup Plus 2tb ext hdd and it works great!
  11. stonciddta Win User

Xbox one s qs

Yes, I have a 2TB S with a 2TB External HD hooked up and working perfectly.
Thema:

1. Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD - Similar Threads - Trying Hook 2TB

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  8. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  9. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  10. Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...: Hello, this isn't much of a technical issue at all but can someone try and hook me up with a sea of thieves developer? I just really want to send my feedback but i'm not sure if they can actually...