Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery)

Discus and support Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I cracked the password in 2020 on a 360 and should have written down the password. The console used does not immediately display the live account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jared Ark, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Jared Ark
    Jared Ark Guest

I cracked the password in 2020 on a 360 and should have written down the password. The console used does not immediately display the live account. (Says my sister but I can always try to ask to borrow this console)

Account recovery is tough since I last used the email around 2010. My only backup is an old phone number. Any other steps I can take?

:)

Jared Ark, Aug 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jared Ark,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

Since the option to send the verification code for password reset is not possible with your old cellphone line then the option left is to recover the account. The account recovery process is established for the account owner verify ownership of the account. And just to set your proper expectation that Microsoft accounts are fully managed and handled by an automated server and we don't have manual access to it because Microsoft really takes our security and privacy very seriously. This means that our support agents and advocates can't do more than you can do for yourself with the account recovery form. We do not have the ability to send password reset links or provide other ways to access or change account details.

We recommend that you try filling out the account recovery form again. You can do this up to twice a day. Do this if you find more information or remember something else about your account that will help. You will be asked to provide account information such as date of birth, services you have taken advantage of with Microsoft, recent emails you have sent to your recipients, and also the subject of the email, etc.

For your reference on Microsoft account recovery form, see: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

Additionally, to help prevent this kind of situation, make sure to have establish two security options with your other Microsoft account to easily recover. You can also see the steps on how to make your account safe and secure to strengthen against attack. See: How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

3. Jared Ark Win User

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your response. As detailed earlier I was able to sign into the Xbox live account via guessing at the password (since forgotten) around 2020 on my sister's 360. After checking gamertag availability, the gamertag in question is not available witch suggests the live account is active.

I do remember the Microsoft account tied to the gamertag and have been actively trying to recover this. I do not belive the account has been erased. My difficulty arises when my only password reset option is my old cellphone line. I have since texted the line explaining my situation but no response. When I try to recover the account, I can remember details such as my Mother's name on the payment card, but the credit card itself is long expired and unavailable to me. This makes it difficult to provide enough information to the automated system for a sucessful recovery.

My next step will be checking the profiles stored in my sister's 360 to see if I can't automatically sign in this way and change the email associated with the account via 360.

I have been trying old passwords via my own 360 (recently purchased) with no sucess. I would really like my Xbox live account back but recovering my old Microsoft account will also work.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jared Ark

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with your account that was used to play Halo. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If we may ask, did you forget your Microsoft account that was previously used to sign in to play the game? When was the last time you were able to sign in your Microsoft account to any of Microsoft product and services?

The reason why we ask for the second question it is because if you have not sign in your Microsoft account for a longer period of time, then it is possible that it is closed due to inactivity. If this is not applicable, we can help determining what is really the problem with your Microsoft account by using our Microsoft account sign in helper tool. See the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. SammyVS Win User

No access to Xbox Live Profile, no reaction from Microsoft and Xbox Support

A complicated situation. I would try to put the old email in the recovery form anyway.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Trying to get old gamertag back..

Hey, HundredMite642!

I'm sorry to see any issues with recovering a gamertag! Unfortunately, we can't assist with any email situations here. The most common scenario in these cases is that the email thought to be associated with the desired gamertag is different than the customers
    remember. You should be able to
    contact us
    via phone or chat to see if you can provide enough information for the Johnson1623 account for them to be able to tell you the email address.

Once you have full access to that account again, you should be able to
    change your Microsoft account
    on your gamertag to reflect the email that is associated with this current gamertag.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns, and how everything turns out! I'm happy to help out where I can. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery) - Similar Threads - Trying old Halo

2. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  3. Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account: Dear support team, I am trying to access my minecraft account, but now they made it microsoft log in or something. Anyway, my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  4. I’m trying to log into my old Xbox account, however when I log into it, it isn’t my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log into my old Xbox account, however when I log into it, it isn’t my account...: Hello, I’ve been trying to log into my old Xbox account and when I do a different account comes up, however, I am logging in through what should be my account on another console that I have, when...
  5. I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...: I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account but then it says I have to change my ENTIRE user to be my old account just to play minecraft? please help...
  6. When i try to sign in with gmail it takes me to my old hotmail that i dont use for gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to sign in with gmail it takes me to my old hotmail that i dont use for gamepass: Hi i recently changed my pc and when i was setting it up it merged my Gmail and Hotmail and now i can't access my main game pass account and it takes me to my 2018 game pass account which I don't...
  7. Been trying to get my old profile back for months

in XBoX Accessibility
    Been trying to get my old profile back for months: I had been trying to get my old profile back for ages so I went through a long list of things with An agent and was suppose to hear back in 72 hours I have had nothing now soon doing so everytime...
  8. Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email: So I'm trying to add an alias email but when I go into that section a screen pops up asking me to verify the original email associated with my account. That original email has been deleted long...
  9. i am trying to access an old xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am trying to access an old xbox account: can you help me find my old Xbox account? i used to have an Xbox one that i used to purchase assassins' creed origins, all the expansions for origins and Valhalla via the Microsoft store. please...
  10. When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one: So I wanted to play minecraft and I tried to login to my account like I always did and instead of logging me into my account it forced me to make a new one. Now every time I try to login, it puts...