Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

Discus and support Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJ7EQ, May 16, 2024.

1. JJ7EQ
    JJ7EQ Guest

Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory settings?"

This issue is clearly ongoing, does Microsoft plan to ever actually fix it?

:)

JJ7EQ, May 16, 2024
  2. Vardagul Win User

Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped" notification.

Hi JJ7EQ! My name is Darhlene and I'm more than happy to help you out!

Kindly see the advice from our Independent Advisors below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/Thread/56abfa79-3ca8-4b66-b70b-f7ac0f41641f?page=1

According to MateusFontana- Independent Advisor:

Here are his solutions:

"Solution 1:

Remove the download you are trying to download from the list and follow the procedures below.

Press the Xbox button.
    Open Settings.
    Go to Network and select Network settings.
    Select Advanced settings.
    Select Alternate MAC Address.
    Select Clear.
    Select Restart.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.
    Go to Settings.
    Select Network.
    Select Network Settings.
    Select Advanced Network Settings.
    Select DNS Settings.
    Select Manual and enter the following:
    Primary 8.8.8.8
    Secondary 8.8.4.4"

According to Kathy A. - Independent Advisor:

"It has been recommended to delete any downloads of games that once received this error message. Then you may re-download the content, this should work fine as long as you have no network issues.

Should you still experience the same issue? We encourage you to check the update for your console and do a power cycle. Kindly download any update of your game/s and if the error message appears prepare to send a report using the Xbox Report a Problem app."

Power Cycle: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console
    Xbox Report a problem app: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Kind regards,
    Darhlene
  3. robporfido Win User

Instillation for game/keeps stopping

Thank you so much Francia, it worked! I just want to say it was really helpful of you going through this with me. Have a great one! :))
  4. robporfido Win User

Yes I do have the app installed, and ok thank you! But do I search the game up in the Xbox store on the app or are you saying to download it on the app?
  5. robporfido Win User

Sure thing. “Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack”. Now I know the game skylanders is a pretty old game back in the years around (2013-2017) but i have installed older versions of this one and there playable and they installed fine, it’s just this game I’m having trouble with.
  6. robporfido Win User

Thank youu! I’ll keep you updated while the game installs.
Thema:

1. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"... - Similar Threads - Trying download games

2. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  3. xbox series s acting up when I try to download games

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series s acting up when I try to download games: I just tried to re install rdr2 rn, I thought it started the download and I went to play another game, not only did it not start my game but it started kind of lagging everything like everything...
  4. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  5. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  6. Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.: Additionally, Ive tried using both LAN and WiFi to download games yet it still wasn't successful at all. When doing network tests it says that Upload Speed and MTU are unavailable. Although...
  7. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  8. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  9. Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console: Trying to download (from a disc) Assassin's Creed: Mirage onto my Xbox Series X. Have the correct version of the game but when I try to download it gives the error message 0x8007139f. The help...
  10. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336