Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

Discus and support Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every time I try to connect app and Xbox when I sign in on my Xbox series x it says something went wrong. Try again in a bit... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ryan Henriksen, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

Every time I try to connect app and Xbox when I sign in on my Xbox series x it says something went wrong. Try again in a bit

:)

Ryan Henriksen, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your app and Xbox console. This error message usually indicates a temporary issue with the Xbox Live service. I recommend waiting a few minutes and trying again later. If the issue persists, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Update device and Xbox app.
    2. Restart device.
    3. Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator) in your device.
    4. Update Xbox console.
    5. Enable Sleep power option and remote features on your console.
      • Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
      • Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
      • Select the Enable remote features checkbox.
      • Under Power options, select Sleep.
    6. Try to start remote playing and if issue persists, try to connect to another network.
    7. If issue still persists, try Xbox app on other device.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jake Windish Win User

“Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” on the Xbox app

Following this thread for answers. I have also run into this issue with one of my Xbox Series Xs. I have two and used to have both connected to the app. One day, I noticed my original XSX with a wired connection wasn’t listed on my app, and no matter what I try I’m unable to get it back on.

I’ve removed my account from the console. Restarted my router and modem. The only thing I haven’t done is a clean wipe of the XSX and starting from scratch. May try that soon here.

I removed my second XSX from the app and was able to successfully add it back onto the app. So I’m not sure if this means it’s something on the console-end, but I felt that was interesting and more justification for me to wipe the console and start from scratch.
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Something went wrong. Try again in a bit.

Hello there @ChristinaBrunk, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. Gage Darlington Win User

why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting options those didn’t work

i have the xbox app on my phone but the app will not let me add my console to it. every time i try it says try again in a bit something went wrong.
Thema:

1. Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf - Similar Threads - Trying connect app

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  6. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App says I'm not connected to the internet when I try to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11 Xbox App says I'm not connected to the internet when I try to sign in: I've tried a number of fixes now and no matter what I do, the Xbox App will not let me sign in. I consistently get a page that says "You're not connected to the internet. Check your connection and...
  8. My Xbox app when trying to connect to an existing console that was already connected to but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox app when trying to connect to an existing console that was already connected to but...: Even on a different phone says the same thing some dude said he wiped it and fixed it but I can’t do that . I would like to cast to my phone to play games but can’t connect the Xbox was connected...
  9. Ok so i have trying to connect my xbox 360 to the xbox mobile app so can someone tell if...

in XBoX on Windows
    Ok so i have trying to connect my xbox 360 to the xbox mobile app so can someone tell if...: Please tell me and help 1de7d1b1-e699-40da-9901-5cd5f64c1541
  10. Xbox console will not connect to mobile app to get remote features. “Try again in a bit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console will not connect to mobile app to get remote features. “Try again in a bit....: I’m trying to connect my existing console to my phone. It tells me to turn it on and sign in. I do so, then it tells me to “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong”. Several months pass and this...