Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada

Discus and support Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TammyNeil, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TammyNeil
    TammyNeil Guest

I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country.

:)

TammyNeil, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Zero420override Win User

3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Tammy,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns being unable to change your Xbox gamertag.

Our suggestion here, please attempt following our how to update your Microsoft account if you’re moving
    to a new country or region
    for steps on changing your Microsoft account region to ensure that it is correctly set to your current address.

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  4. Krim Leingod Win User

Error Code - 80153051

Yeah, so since I live really close to the border, near Niagara Falls (on Canada's side), I hopped over so I was in the US, changed my gamer tag, it worked, then I hopped back over to Canada and went home.

So obviously there's something about Canada that is *** with our ability to change our gamer tag.

So, hypothetically, anyone in the states could change it for you, assuming they could access your account *hint hint*, i'm NOT endorsing the idea of you giving your account information to anyone, I'm just talking to myself over here :)
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Change the Username witch is allready in use help

Hello there oOI BUMBUM IOo When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership,
    you will not be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you
    enter is already taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those
    Additional services like gfwl.
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag Recycling

Hello there Plumpy Platypus When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership, you will not
    be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you enter is already
    taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those Additional services
    like gfwl.

The short short short version, No. As previously stated, you are prompted to try another gamer tag.
    Sorry, ^_^
Thema:

1. Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada - Similar Threads - Trying Change gamer

2. when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...: when i go to select my country in the payment the zone with the slider is grey'd out and there is no description on the page. I looked at my pc settings and in my microsoft account settings and it...
  3. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  4. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  5. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  6. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  7. Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?: Hey I got suspended from trying to change my profile pic. I was doing it on Xbox app and it kept freezing so I kept trying. Then when it said that it has been sent to y’all. A few minutes later I...
  8. On my gamer pic i try to change it i need to be older but im 19 and i have adult defaults...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my gamer pic i try to change it i need to be older but im 19 and i have adult defaults...: On my gamer pic i try to change it i need to be older but im 19 and i have adult defaults what should i do? 51c8ce20-7a69-476f-9a5a-b48bbb7d95b3
  9. My account was suspended over trying to change my gamer pic to an image from Bloodsport the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was suspended over trying to change my gamer pic to an image from Bloodsport the...: I know support cant help with enforcement issues but who can I speak with regarding this? The image was not sexual not offensive it was Jean Claude yelling with some blood coming from his nose,...
  10. Region Locked Trying to My Change XBOX Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Region Locked Trying to My Change XBOX Gamer Tag: Greetings to the Microsoft Team, So I've read a couple of threads like these that are left unsolved, and in my own experience, since I don't live in the US (Im from Asia). Whenever I want to...