Trying to add phone number to my account error

Discus and support Trying to add phone number to my account error in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, im trying to add a phone number to my account so i can use my xbox rewards, all i keep getting is "This alias cannot be added to your account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by nu4an, Aug 15, 2023.

1. nu4an
    nu4an Guest

Hi,

im trying to add a phone number to my account so i can use my xbox rewards, all i keep getting is "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." its getting frustrating now, why is something to difficult just to add my phone number? please, sort it out.

:)

nu4an, Aug 15, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Not able to create another account with my cell phone number !!

You may receive the error "Microsoft account already exists. Enter another email or phone, or get a new Outlook email." You will see this message if the email or phone number you are trying to add is already tied to another Microsoft account. You will
    need to use an alternate phone number, an alternate email or create a new one
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Can't add phone number

Can you try this..

Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

2)Remove phone number in Account aliases.

3)Add phone number to account.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Can't add mobile number to profile

Hello Grazer J, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding a phone number to your Microsoft account. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Check the account alias: If the alias appears to be incorrect or is not recognized, you can add a new one or change the existing one.
    Add a phone number in Security Settings: Select “Add security information” and choose “A phone number.”
    Check your Internet connection: Make sure it is working correctly.
    Use a different number: If the number you're trying to add may already be in use with a different Microsoft account.
    Request another verification code: Try requesting another verification code for a few hours or even a day.

Best regards.
  6. Renatodibi Win User

Can't add phone number to account

Thema:

1. Trying to add phone number to my account error - Similar Threads - Trying add phone

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  4. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  5. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  6. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  7. I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...: When I've tried to redeem Xbox rewards, I've been asked to add a mobile number to my account. After following all of the steps I get the message saying that I 'cannot use this alias'. I have:...
  8. When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...: Is there a fix to this? I would like to redeem my rewards soon. e61a70a0-8bb9-4359-8cbc-23873b0f82cd
  9. So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...: So when trying to use my Xbox rewards account to redeem for a gift card it tells me I have to add a phone number to my Microsoft account . I follow the on screen instruction and enter the code it...
  10. I tried to add a phone number”.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to add a phone number”.: When I did to redeem a rewards with my points and I am told that my number cannot be added a “invalid alias 4673cbf6-0f9d-44c3-ab41-026b12d6b033