Trying to Add a person to game w existing account

Discus and support Trying to Add a person to game w existing account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an account for myself and have an account for my son. I have been trying to add my son to the xbox 1 we got for xmas! I have everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SharedPhoenix95, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Trying to Add a person to game w existing account

I have an account for myself and have an account for my son. I have been trying to add my son to the xbox 1 we got for xmas! I have everything Microsoft has asked me to do! The last step, after my son has put in his password successfully, it asks for an
    adult to give permission. This is where I choose my account and put in my password. This is were I receive the message to try again later with an error code 0x80a40008. Two long days with this, no luck. Can you help?

:)

SharedPhoenix95, Dec 28, 2016
  2. Noblemystery
    Noblemystery Guest
    Reset problems

@steeledwand7764

Thanks for answering the first problem I encountered when I factory reset a year ago. Very helpful. Unfortunatly that account is un-retrievable but not a huge loss.

My main problem is that today I pressed 'reset and keep all games and apps'... I was asked to input my account information namely a telephone number which generated a new account with an email that is one character different from the account I was trying
    to log into, but from the xbox home add profile I could sign in to my account without a problem. There is a problem with reset and add existing account which will not let me add an existing account after I reset.

I am terriible at explaning... I hope this clears up my outstanding problem.

Again thanks for the great input. Very helpful but I still have a problem where I cannot add existing account after a reset and this generates a new account with one character difference in the email address when I try to add an existing account.

example.... existing account email - *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

enter existing account or telephone number _ *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** (message-profile not found)

enter existing account or telephone number _ 09876543211 (generated new email profile *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***)

This has to be a hardware error

Noblemystery, Dec 28, 2016
  3. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest
    Email sign ups

Hello AjarCreature619,

Could you explain a bit more of what you are trying to do? Do you want to create a new Xbox Account on your Xbox One, or are you trying to add a child account? Or are you trying to Login on your Xbox with an existing Xbox Live Account?

-lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Georges C. Win User

Can i change the primary email of my account to an email that previously had an account connected to it?

Hello again, you will only know this when adding the Alias to the existing account, when trying to add the system will say if the account you want to add exists or not and if it can be added.
  5. DeadlyMetal869 Win User

how to add my xbox360 to my account

Hi! Can you kindly add a little more information to the question?

Are you trying to add an existing Xbox Live account to your Xbox 360?

If you are attempting to add an existing Xbox Live account to an Xbox 360, Create or go to the profile you would like the existing Xbox Live account to be accessible on, go to Xbox Live and download the existing account to the profile.
  6. OUgroundGAME Win User

Please explain how family sharing is different than loaning a disc

That's my point. Family sharing was an improved form of what already exists. The same 1 person can play a game I own w/o us having to physically come in contact.
  7. Miss Portia Win User

Locked out my account

Hello there! Does the account currently exist on a console, or are you trying to add it to a new console?
  8. Mr Xeniophobic Win User

Broken Gamertag?

So why when i try to add Mr Flibble does it say that the account doesn't exist?
Thema:

Trying to Add a person to game w existing account

1. Trying to Add a person to game w existing account - Similar Threads - Trying Add person

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  4. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  5. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  6. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  7. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  8. trying to add new gmail/alias to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to add new gmail/alias to my Microsoft account: Hello, I’m trying to add a gmail/alias to my Microsoft account but every time I try it always says, “There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...
  9. Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email: So I'm trying to add an alias email but when I go into that section a screen pops up asking me to verify the original email associated with my account. That original email has been deleted long...
  10. I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...: When I've tried to redeem Xbox rewards, I've been asked to add a mobile number to my account. After following all of the steps I get the message saying that I 'cannot use this alias'. I have:...