Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?

Discus and support Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft erroneously blamed me for typing a profane message in an online chat and then penalized me by withholding my access to said service. I paid... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by colby sambrotto, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?

Microsoft erroneously blamed me for typing a profane message in an online chat and then penalized me by withholding my access to said service. I paid Microsoft a significant amount of money including the following: a) the cost to purchase their Xbox console (hardware); 2) the cost to purchase the game that I was playing (software); and 3) their Gold monthly membership. (Frankly, this doesn't even include microtransactions that were paid to various games on their platform.) In aggregate, the amount that I paid to use the game that they erroneously barred me from using for several days totals well in excess of $1,000.

I'm sorry that Microsoft has enthusiastically entered the censorship business, but they're not going to do so at my expense. For reasons that are unclear, they suspended my account that I paid for even though I didn't violate their terms of service. I requested a pro-rated refund to my account for the days I was suspended from play via the Better Business Bureau and they summarily rejected the request and refused further interaction.

Does anyone else think their behavior is unreasonable, unfair and heavy handed?

:)

colby sambrotto, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Microsoft has had a Terms of Service since Xbox Live was conceived back in 2002. When you joined Xbox Live, you agreed to abide by these terms.

Just because you pay for said service, does not mean you can not be suspended. These rules apply to all users of the service.

All gaming services have a similar ToS. If you have a PlayStation or a Nintendo Switch and break their terms, they can suspend you just the same.
  3. Mister Quimby Win User

Xbox one is crap!!!! Does anyone see this as well?

Hey there XxMoReBlOoDxX!

I am truly sorry to hear about the unpleasant experiences that you have had, but glad to hear that the issues are no longer occurring. If you run into any issues in the future, please feel free to create a new thread. Be sure to include the full details
    of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Once again, I am sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience and any inconveniences that this may have caused.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Why is it so difficult to get a functioning Xbox One and Kinect?

Hey there RyanWeary!

I am truly sorry to hear about the Kinect and console issues and I can definitely understand how frustrating that could. I recommend continuing to speak with phone support to get this issue sorted, as it seems you are already working with the proper folks
    to assist further. Feel free to keep us updated on the status of your repair order. Once again I am truly sorry to hear about the issue and the unpleasant repair experience.
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

RENEW GOLD FOR A BUCK AND UNLOCK A FREE YEAR OF EA ACCESS WHEN YOU STAY GOLD UNTIL SEPTEMBER

Hey there lonewolFLOWENOL!

I am truly sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience! If you haven't already, I suggest reaching out phone support again to request an update on the status of the issue. If they are unable to provide you with an update, please let me know so I can look
    into this further. Thanks in advance!
  6. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

With hands wide open or closed.

Agreed, but does it not make sense for Microsoft Painting Kinect to compete with Sony's Move Sculpt as a form of interactive art. They must have felt obligated to have some sort of response. Especially if Microsoft's Xbox division truly is trying to take
    over the 'casual market', do you not think that they would feel the need to do better in said department.
Thema:

1. Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal? - Similar Threads - Truly unpleasant interaction

2. Why cant I interact with group posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I interact with group posts?: I cannot interact with group posts in any way. When I try to create a post, I get a message sayinh there was a problem. When I click the "I'm Interested" button, I get a notification saying it was...
  3. Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games: I have a problem with the Prime Video app on Xbox Series S. If I attempt to open or uninstall my Prime Video App, it breaks all other applications and games on my console. The Prime Video app...
  4. My keyboard won't interact with games and some text boxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard won't interact with games and some text boxes: I can't interact with games with anything other than my mouse, my keyboard just doesn't make a reaction, it can use chat boxes if i manage to activate them. Also I can't use some other text boxes...
  5. When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond: Some one rage quit the game and then messaged me cursing at me. I responded and they went silent. I sent a 2nd message asking where they went and then they reported me and I got 2 strikes for...
  6. Exploring a Mega Merger: Electronic Arts and Take-Two Interactive

in XboX Insiders
    Exploring a Mega Merger: Electronic Arts and Take-Two Interactive: Hello, gaming community, I would like to explore a fascinating hypothetical concept: a merger or acquisition between Electronic Arts (EA) and Take-Two Interactive. With the gaming world rapidly...
  7. No mouse interaction in Cockpit MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    No mouse interaction in Cockpit MSFS: On muy XBOX X I can no longer use my mouse to change heading etc, or select AP, it used to work nicely but no longer. The dials do light up in blue but that is it. I am talking about Microsoft...
  8. Is Anyone Having Issues Your Starfield Character Not Sitting Or Interacting With Work Benches?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Anyone Having Issues Your Starfield Character Not Sitting Or Interacting With Work Benches?: So, I'm playing Starfield, and I FINALLY begin the Riyujin questline. Once I get to the interview and I'm prompted to have a seat, the game freezes and all I can do is look around the office. I...
  9. How do I stop one of two accounts I'm signed in on from taking priority with interactions...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I stop one of two accounts I'm signed in on from taking priority with interactions...: When I'm trying to play a certain game, I have DLC unlocked specifically on an old account that is no longer accessible, so I sign in on this old account and then back into my main to play the...
  10. I dont have the account my playstation minecraft is linked to anymore, is it truly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I dont have the account my playstation minecraft is linked to anymore, is it truly...: As the question states the account that my playstation minecraft is linked to doesn't exist anymore is it possible to have microsoft manually unlink them or playstation maybe because I have tried...