Trouble Signing In After Recent Dashboard Update & Multiple Account Problems Since Signing...

Discus and support Trouble Signing In After Recent Dashboard Update & Multiple Account Problems Since Signing... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; First things first, this will probably just be a bunch of information and will likely be a giant wall of text covering everything I've been... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xxMrRedrum, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Trouble Signing In After Recent Dashboard Update & Multiple Account Problems Since Signing...

First things first, this will probably just be a bunch of information and will likely be a giant wall of text covering everything I've been experiencing so I'll have a TL;DR below so feel free to skip to the bottom lol. I also understand that the Game Pass Ultimate issues may or may not have any relevancy to my sign-in issues and may need to be taken up elsewhere, but without any ability to discern which is and isn't important information or how my involvement within the preview program may be affecting things I'll include everything I can.

To start from the top, I'm in the Alpha Ring and I've had no end of issues and oddities since officially signing up for Game Pass Ultimate on June 11th on both the Xbox One X and the Xbox 360. I can't say for sure it's the reason but it's one heck of a coincidence that I've had all these issues since the conversion and none prior to it. The last couple of days since signing up I haven't been auto-signed in when turning on the Xbox One via the 'instant sign-in' feature, but it didn't bother me much as it's not hard to do it myself. What has been quite annoying though is that apps such as YouTube & Twitch have seemingly partially removed my account credentials from them & have required me to re-authorize or sign-in again within the apps after using them for the first time since a cold boot. I only say partially since there have been instances where it wanted me to re-authorize or sign-in again and then it effectively refreshed itself and I was in my account on the respective apps; also from a cold boot so it's inconsistent. The worst app offender for me ironically is the Xbox Insider Hub app as I literally have no access to it at the moment. For the first time in my recollection I've been met with a Sign-In screen there and then it hits me with an odd HTTP call error and effectively loops itself at each attempt to sign-in and that's been the case coincidentally since I've started having these problems.

The biggest and most pressing issue at the moment is, as the title states, as of today I haven't been able to reliably sign-in to my account on my Xbox One X. Apparently I received a new update today at 4PM PST shortly before I returned home; OS version 10.0.18362.5031 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1907.190614-1928) according to the system info. Again, I can't check the Insider Hub to see if that's actually the most recent release or if there are known issues, etc. Upon attempting to log in after the update on my Xbox One X it failed to sign me in again and needed me to use the controller to do so, I went through the usual procedure of signing in only to have it fail and prompted an error stating that "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please check your connection and try again.", I believe the error code was 0x800704CF. I never lost internet and I had access to it on all other devices. I attempted to sign in about 4 more times to no avail so I then did a soft-reset which failed to do anything and followed that up with a hard-reset & still couldn't log in. After looking to see if there was an update that could be the culprit and checking XBL Services for an outage (there wasn't), I hard-reset it a second time then let it sit on the dashboard after failing to log in over and over again, I managed to finally log in while I was sitting in the Settings screen after checking my network connection yet again. I'm not sure what or why I was finally able to log-in but I hoped it was an odd service glitch, at which point I played what I wanted to and then turned the Xbox off. I attempted to turn my Xbox One X back on a some time ago and I was prompted with the same inability to sign-in with the same hassle of trying to log in again to only have it finally let me log in after an extended period of time. I've had the best luck so far when attempting to sign-in while in the Settings menu, but I couldn't even guess why that might be the case or if it's a false positive. Also worth noting is I've been unable to successfully report a problem via the Xbox One X while this has been happening for some reason so I haven't been able to submit the log-in issue with potentially relevant data. I was also met with the same log-in problems trying a different profile that is on the Xbox.

Now, semi-unrelated to the Xbox Insiders program but the interesting thing and the reason why I mentioned the Xbox 360 is that I've been suffering the same log-in issues there since the day I converted my account to a GPU subscription which is now affecting my account on the Xbox One X. I only happened to noticed the issue on the Xbox 360 because of the recent and sadly last batch (hopefully just until Scarlett) of backwards compatible games released and I wanted to give a couple of them a whirl. I thought I already uploaded all of my past saves to the cloud but I guess I didn't so I jumped on the 360 to do just that only to be met with a rotating series of errors (8007007A, 8007274C, 80072EF3) all of which wouldn't allow me to log-in to my account. After around three days of fiddling with the 360 off and on I was able to finally log-in about two days ago and get all my saves uploaded. I'm still consistently getting errors and issues logging in on the Xbox 360 so it's anything but fixed but worth noting is that on the Xbox One X (when I'm actually logged in) playing a backwards compatible 360 game it logs me in to the emulated 360 without an issue.

All in all, I'm not sure what would be causing the problems as it might stem not from the recent update but something that happened to my account after converting to the GPU sub or the recent update exacerbated the issue... but it could all simply be wild conjecture at this point. I just find it quite odd that I was problem free prior to the conversion and have had the one common denominator of sign-in problems across both consoles and apps since the conversion. For the time being I'll put my Xbox One X's power mode into 'Instant-On' in hopes that a warm boot will be able to circumvent some of the issues.

TL;DR

• I'm in the Alpha Ring but I didn't convert my Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Memberships to Game Pass Ultimate until June 11th. I converted my account via the Xbox One X with perceivably no issues.
    • I've been effectively unable to successfully log-in to my account on the Xbox 360 since I converted to the GPU subscription with errors (8007007A, 8007274C, 80072EF3) aside from two successful log-ins. Still fails to log-in initially. No issues prior to converting to GPU.
    • I have 'Instant sign-in' enabled on my Xbox One X and it has failed to be able to sign me in automatically since the conversion to GPU.
    • Apps that require an account to use such as YouTube & Twitch have required a re-authorization / sign-in again to use since converting to GPU. The requests take place almost every time the Xbox One X is turned back on & the app is first utilized. The Xbox One X power mode is set to 'energy-saving'.
    • I'm unable to use the Xbox Insider Hub app at all as it requires a Sign-in which it isn't capable of processing with an HTTP call error at each attempt. (Somehow managed to successfully report this specific problem via the console)
    • I received a new update on the Xbox One X, OS version 10.0.18362.5031 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1907.190614-1928) on June 17th, afterwards I was rendered unable to log-in to my account until after a soft-reset & multiple hard-resets. I was presented with the error "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please check your connection and try again.", after attempting to log-in and I believe the error code was 0x800704CF.
    • When powering on the console from a cold boot the same log-in problem persists until multiple hard-resets eventually allows me to log-in. I've had some semblance of success when attempting to sign-in while in the Settings menu.
    submitted by /u/xxMrRedrum
    [link] [comments]

/u/xxMrRedrum, Jun 18, 2019
  2. GuyverThr33 Win User

Re: November update problems x1x

Hello it would seem that the console shows store with no problem when i am not signed in but when i sign in then doesnt show . On the old x1x i un un activated gold home n the dashboard showd all menus fine. I wonder if the update caused the issue. Port
    forwarding is on static ip in. Only had this issue since update. Everything else works fine i have gone network mad going thru check after check again and it was the console x1x and the OS which i had trouble since launch. cud you put this forward to devs
    to put on list of things to fix please? Intermittent picking up my memberships. Intermittent with signing in and out wether the dashboard menus display properly
  3. Pengman19 Win User

360 slim -- stuck on loading screen

My profile is set to automatically sign on. To reiterate, in the example I described above, after waiting 2 minutes at the "loading screen", the dashboard loading coincided with me signing into XBL. It was simultaneous, so I assumed they were connected.

I will set my profile to not automatically sign in, and we'll see what happens.

Btw, is this issue in relation to the recent dashboard update?
  4. HypnoticMarc001 Win User

wrong account

Maybe it's related to this problem :

If you're having trouble signing into your Xbox account on multiple devices, xbox teams are investigating now! They will update on social media & on the Status page:
    Xbox.com/status when they have more info to share.
  5. MirrorcleSora Win User

Xbox 360 E crashes on desktop, but not in games.

Hi there, I'm basically having the same problem here. System freezes after usually even less than a minute after starting. However if I manage to sign out of my profile right after auto-login, everything works fine. Same if I start a game. Also no problem
    using the dashboard while online as long as I'm not signed into my profile, I can browse around the online games store and everything. But soon after I sign into my profile, the dashboard freezes. Apps also work if I start them from the dashboard being signed-out
    and then signing in after the app starts (tried it with the Youtube app, vids and everything working fine). I reckon this must have something to do with the latest update which download this morning, problems started after that. I'm signed up for the preview
    program, might that be causing the problems? There doesn't seem to be a way to opt out right away and return to the last working system/dashboard version.

Any help is highly appreciated.
  6. WYRE 12 Win User

Xbox live problems

I am having trouble signing into my whole Xbox live account. It tells me to sign in using my email and password and says there was a problem and to try again later. I have tried multiple times and even checked my connection, which is good, and still won't
    let me sign into my Xbox live.
Thema:

Trouble Signing In After Recent Dashboard Update & Multiple Account Problems Since Signing...

1. Trouble Signing In After Recent Dashboard Update & Multiple Account Problems Since Signing... - Similar Threads - Trouble Signing Recent

2. trouble with xbox Tcui

in XBoX on Windows
    trouble with xbox Tcui: Hi all,Every time i load the launcher and click Microsoft login "GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working" pops up and then it says that i cant sign into xbox live. Ive tried resting the app...
  3. Trouble Signing into Xbox App on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble Signing into Xbox App on PC Windows 11: about 5 or 6 months ago i got signed out of the xbox app and anytime i try to sign back in it, It gives me this error message with a code 0x800004005. Ive tried all the fixes suggested by everyone...
  4. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  5. I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...: I have seen some videos of how to fix my account, going as far as to delete the game, and the saved data on my PS4, but I am skeptical since I have a world I have worked on for 3 maybe 4 years, I...
  6. I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account: When logging into the Xbox Live account, an error appears: "The background task activation is spurious xbox" or "An illegal state change was requested" 54b09cc4-1f8e-44c0-a505-818c9415bade
  7. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  8. Trouble with signing in to minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with signing in to minecraft: So this is a pretty big problem that i'm having currently. I'm not even sure which part of it is the actual problem and which parts of it are irrelevant. So i'll outline it step by step: 1. I log...
  9. Having trouble signing into Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble signing into Xbox live: Having trouble signing into Xbox live bd5a6a8b-0dba-4f95-8677-cab01b90ee9a
  10. Trouble signing into the xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble signing into the xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop.: I cannot log into my xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop. I click the log in prompt and the screen goes white without any writing on it. 4eb8433a-31c2-4cb9-824f-e4be5751e9cc