Trouble signing in after attempting to fix Application Error Code 0x8007139f

Discus and support Trouble signing in after attempting to fix Application Error Code 0x8007139f in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to install a game for the first time on my new PC with Windows 11 using the Xbox App. While downloading the game, I got an error and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vishwajeet Ohal, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Trouble signing in after attempting to fix Application Error Code 0x8007139f

I was trying to install a game for the first time on my new PC with Windows 11 using the Xbox App. While downloading the game, I got an error and I tried to use the fix given here to reset the xbox and game services app. I followed the instructions there perfectly, and when I reinstalled the xbox app, I found that I cannot log into the xbox app and use any of its services that requires me to log in, such as installing games, checking the library, community etc.

I tried redoing the instructions in the fix but it did nothing to aid the situation. Please help.

:)

Vishwajeet Ohal, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Vishwajeet, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your app.

Please first double check your PC and make sure there are no pending updates. You can do this by right clicking on the Start Menu and selecting Settings then choose Windows Update

If there is an update then run it and restart your PC and try again.

Failing that you can try the other steps that are listed at this link https://www.thewindowsclub.com/error-0x80073d26...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

Forza Horizon4 IPSEC:0x00000000

4. RocBoxxx Win User

Receiving this error code 0x80070102.

im getting the error code when attempting to sign in. first attempt to sign in is unsuccessful. system allows me to make another attempt. on second attempt screen appears with a frozen buffering.. after a minute, the error message comes up with the code.
    contacted xbox suppport and problem could not be resolved...

is there anyway to fix this problem??? trying to avoid factory reset
  5. geoff128 Win User

Windows 11 - XBox App and Xbox Game Pass - Unable to install any game (error 0x00000001)

6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Microsoft/Xbox Application Error Code 0x8007139f

Hello, ChanceRF. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, see if Windows is updated:

Open Settings > Update and security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Install any optional update too.

After that:

- Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run as administrator” > Type the following commands and press enter (run one at a time):

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't worry. Just follow the other steps)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" and "xinputhid" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Test your connection. It should show Open NAT and connected to server. If you receive any error message, please let me know.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:

- Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Restart Windows.

- Run PowerShell as an Administrator again and run the command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Make sure you are signed into the Microsoft Store with the same Microsoft account that is on your computer.

- On the Microsoft Store > Click on your profile > App settings > Enable the Offline permissions option.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft account. If you are on the Xbox Insiders program, click on Profile > Settings > General > Uncheck “Use advanced installation and management features”. Restart you computer.

See if you are able to install and play games then. If it still does not work, please let me know if you are trying to install and play games that you purchased or Game Pass games.
Thema:

1. Trouble signing in after attempting to fix Application Error Code 0x8007139f - Similar Threads - Trouble signing attempting

2. trouble with xbox Tcui

in XBoX on Windows
    trouble with xbox Tcui: Hi all,Every time i load the launcher and click Microsoft login "GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working" pops up and then it says that i cant sign into xbox live. Ive tried resting the app...
  3. Trouble Signing into Xbox App on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble Signing into Xbox App on PC Windows 11: about 5 or 6 months ago i got signed out of the xbox app and anytime i try to sign back in it, It gives me this error message with a code 0x800004005. Ive tried all the fixes suggested by everyone...
  4. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  5. I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...: I have seen some videos of how to fix my account, going as far as to delete the game, and the saved data on my PS4, but I am skeptical since I have a world I have worked on for 3 maybe 4 years, I...
  6. I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account: When logging into the Xbox Live account, an error appears: "The background task activation is spurious xbox" or "An illegal state change was requested" 54b09cc4-1f8e-44c0-a505-818c9415bade
  7. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  8. Trouble with signing in to minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with signing in to minecraft: So this is a pretty big problem that i'm having currently. I'm not even sure which part of it is the actual problem and which parts of it are irrelevant. So i'll outline it step by step: 1. I log...
  9. Having trouble signing into Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble signing into Xbox live: Having trouble signing into Xbox live bd5a6a8b-0dba-4f95-8677-cab01b90ee9a
  10. Trouble signing into the xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble signing into the xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop.: I cannot log into my xbox app on my HP Pavillion Laptop. I click the log in prompt and the screen goes white without any writing on it. 4eb8433a-31c2-4cb9-824f-e4be5751e9cc