Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once

Discus and support Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So it's my first post so my apologies for if I'm stupid but eh I'll give this a shot. I know I should just get a bigger hard drive (I have a 20gb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HUNGRY hippoes3, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once

So it's my first post so my apologies for if I'm stupid but eh I'll give this a shot.

I know I should just get a bigger hard drive (I have a 20gb right now) but it's just cheaper and easier for me to just get a USB and format it. Well we ran out of room so my little bro got another flash drive and we were gonna put all his stuff on it and
    let me keep my stuff on mine. However my trouble is that only 4 devices seem to be able to show at one time. They are usually the hard drive (20gb), the regular memory unit (4 gb), an two usb's. However I can't seem to be able to get a 5 device to show. If
    I unplug one USB then I can usually get the other to pop up afterwards. I don't get it really as to why it won't show them all at once. We got it formatted and it shows up, but just not all at the same time. What gives? It's kinda annoying to have to constantly
    switch out memory units when we play a few rounds or a level or two then switch games and have to fiddle around with memory units and try to figure out wich one is which. We would end up spending for time switching junk than actually getting to play. I know
    USB probably use power so I guess it could be the fact that the xbox just might not be able to give the ports enough juice but we unpluged our mics and unplugged the controllers and it didn't show. So any help would be nice. I plan to eventually just get a
    bigger hard drive, but till then I'm stuck

:)

HUNGRY hippoes3, Jul 20, 2014
  2. USB device not reading at all.

Hey there, have you tried some of the troubleshooint steps here:
    support.xbox.com/.../usb-device-troubleshooting

Also have you tried the USB in another device just to see if it at least registers that you've put it in the device? This would at least show us that the USB is getting recognised, if it's not then I would say it's an issue with the USB.

DigitalAssassin, Jul 20, 2014
  3. Crash 658
    Crash 658 Guest
    Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360

Hello everyone.

Today i brought a external Hard drive and i pluged in the console.

The external Hard drive is recognized by the console, however one of my USB flash drive stops working and it dosen´t show in the storage devices list.

When i removed the external Hard drive the USB flash drive works again and it shows in the storage devices list.

The console has:

• a internal Hard drive
    • 2 USB flash drive
    • the external Hard drive

My question is how USB devices does the Xbox 360 recognized at once ?

Crash 658, Jul 20, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sounds like you have an Xbox 360 Slim system. If this is true then your main issue may be that you are not using an official Xbox Hard Drive. There is no such thing as a 20GB hard drive for the Slim.

Also, usually you cannot see more than two USB sticks at a time anyway.

onyxishere, Jul 20, 2014
  5. Yup I'm using an xbox slim, with a 360's hard drive. It's basically the same thing just had a different case that I replaced with an empty slim hard drive case. My parents had gotten me a 360 hard drive for chrismas after I had bought my slim a while ago.
    That's kinda weird though that you'd only be able to see 2 USB's at a time.. Any idea if the xbox still reads data from it or am I limited to two at a time?

HUNGRY hippoes3, Jul 20, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    You are limited to two at a time

I would also recommend removing the modded drive from your console. If caught using modded equipment you could be found in violation of the ToU and CoC that you agreed to when you created your account and possibly have your gamertag and/or console banned
    from the Live service altogether.

Your best bet would be to get an official Xbox 360 hard drive.

onyxishere, Jul 21, 2014
  7. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest
    The system limits the USB storage to only 2 devices on the console at a time, each with a maximum capacity of 32GB. Any additional drives inserted won't be recognized.

-

Even though you are using an official 20GB hard drive, it is against the terms of service to open up that case and use it in a slim unit. This is addresses in the pinned threads at the beginning of this forum:

forums.xbox.com/.../4558.aspx
    . It is considered modding your equipment and could result in a Live account suspension or console ban. Not saying that it will, but there is a chance and you have been warned of the possible consequences.

dlCHIEF58, Oct 31, 2018
  8. onyxishere Win User

You are limited to two at a time

I would also recommend removing the modded drive from your console. If caught using modded equipment you could be found in violation of the ToU and CoC that you agreed to when you created your account and possibly have your gamertag and/or console banned
    from the Live service altogether.

Your best bet would be to get an official Xbox 360 hard drive.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Sounds like you have an Xbox 360 Slim system. If this is true then your main issue may be that you are not using an official Xbox Hard Drive. There is no such thing as a 20GB hard drive for the Slim.

Also, usually you cannot see more than two USB sticks at a time anyway.
  10. HUNGRY hippoes3 Win User

Yup I'm using an xbox slim, with a 360's hard drive. It's basically the same thing just had a different case that I replaced with an empty slim hard drive case. My parents had gotten me a 360 hard drive for chrismas after I had bought my slim a while ago.
    That's kinda weird though that you'd only be able to see 2 USB's at a time.. Any idea if the xbox still reads data from it or am I limited to two at a time?
  11. dlCHIEF58 Win User

The system limits the USB storage to only 2 devices on the console at a time, each with a maximum capacity of 32GB. Any additional drives inserted won't be recognized.

-

Even though you are using an official 20GB hard drive, it is against the terms of service to open up that case and use it in a slim unit. This is addresses in the pinned threads at the beginning of this forum:

forums.xbox.com/.../4558.aspx
    . It is considered modding your equipment and could result in a Live account suspension or console ban. Not saying that it will, but there is a chance and you have been warned of the possible consequences.
  12. Temhotabot Win User

data lost (unreadable) from usb flash drive

Here is a support article on USB Flash Drives and the console:

I'm having trouble with my USB storage device
Thema:

1. Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once - Similar Threads - Trouble getting USB

2. "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now": Whenever I try and install a digital game I bought, it just says check back in a little bit ad73de0b-b786-4b6c-acaf-7a5a32330059
  3. "Check back in a little bit we're having trouble getting your stuff right now"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Check back in a little bit we're having trouble getting your stuff right now": so i bought gta online a while ago on my xbox series s and at the time it was working but i deleted it for like space and i wanted to download it again but it just shows me this can anyone help me...
  4. how do i get out of the trouble shooting screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i get out of the trouble shooting screen?: guys i need help bad!! so earlier today i noticed my xbox wouldn’t let me open up any games, but sometimes they’d open but crash a couple minutes into playing. i got told by xbox support that...
  5. My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my...: My hot mail account has been locked and I can’t sign in to it , because my sons Xbox account is connected to this he is unable to log in and play, is there anything we can do to get the emails...
  6. Xbox reading " We're having trouble getting your stuff right now." What causes this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox reading " We're having trouble getting your stuff right now." What causes this?: Xbox reading " We're having trouble getting your stuff right now." For the last several days, I am unable to access my games, gamepass, or any of my apps. The internet connection is not the issue,...
  7. Can I get in trouble for sending a nasty message on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I get in trouble for sending a nasty message on Xbox: I had a friend that I lost today. It is a female gamer that I met from an LFG. She helped me with a boss. After that she told me that I needed to fix my build. So I was asking questions and...
  8. Check back in a little bit were having trouble getting your stuff right now.

in XboX Insiders
    Check back in a little bit were having trouble getting your stuff right now.: I bought the gta criminal enterprise pack but i havent received any rewards and when i try and check on microsoft store it just says check back in a little bit were having trouble getting your...
  9. Having trouble getting sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with Mr series s xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble getting sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with Mr series s xbox: Trying to get sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with my Xbox series s 4f58730c-2f3c-47bc-93c9-2972bd79413f
  10. how to fix "check back in a little bit were having trouble getting your stuff right now.

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix "check back in a little bit were having trouble getting your stuff right now.: it says that every single time I try to download gta v and I've tried forgetting and setting up my net work again I've restarted my xbox I've unplugged it from the power supply and re plugged it...