Trouble Downloading Goat Simulator 3: Windows Edition through Xbox PC App

Discus and support Trouble Downloading Goat Simulator 3: Windows Edition through Xbox PC App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I'm dealing with a strange issue. When I try to download 'Goat Simulator 3,' it speeds through Preparing, Queued, and Downloading, then suddenly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kaleb Dennis, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Kaleb Dennis
    Kaleb Dennis Guest

Hey, I'm dealing with a strange issue. When I try to download 'Goat Simulator 3,' it speeds through Preparing, Queued, and Downloading, then suddenly hits an Error. I tried downloading another game, like 'Forza Horizon 4,' for example, and that went smoothly. I've been having this issue for a few days now, and it's getting pretty annoying. I checked a couple of YouTube tutorials, but none of them helped. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks a bunch!

:)

Kaleb Dennis, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kaleb,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are facing challenges in downloading and installing the game through Xbox app. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If we may ask, what specific error message you are getting when trying to download and install the game?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Clear cache on Microsoft store:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
    • Wait for the Command Prompt window to close and the Microsoft Store to open.

After resetting the cache, try downloading the game again. If the issue persists, you can also try resetting the Xbox app. Here's how:

• Open the Start menu and search for "Apps & features."
    • Scroll down and find the Xbox app.
    • Click on the Xbox app and select "Advanced options."
    • Scroll down and click on "Reset."
    • Click on "Reset" again to confirm.

After resetting the Xbox app, try downloading the game again. If you're still having trouble, please let me know and we can explore other options.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kaleb,

Thank you for letting us know that the prior solution did not help fix the issue. We do have other strategy to try.

The error code 0x87e00196 means that there is an issue with your Gaming Services package, which is required for Xbox Game Pass games on your Windows device. This error can prevent you from installing, updating, or launching a game.

To fix this issue, you need to reinstall the Gaming Services package by following the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

[table][tr]Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers[/tr][/table]
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Kaleb Dennis Win User

Hello Tomm_A,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've followed the steps you provided to clear the cache on Microsoft Store and reset the Xbox app as instructed. Unfortunately, the issue still persists, and I'm unable to download and install the game. The specific error code I'm encountering is 0x87e00196.

I appreciate your assistance so far. Do you have any additional suggestions or steps we can take to resolve this matter?

Looking forward to your guidance.

Best regards,

Kaleb
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kaleb,

You are very much welcome, and we are happy to hear that the problem you had with downloading specific game has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

If you have other concern related to Xbox product and services in the future, create a new topic to discuss and we are more than happy to help.

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

6. Kaleb Dennis Win User

Hello Tomm_A,

Thank you for providing additional steps to resolve the issue. I followed the PowerShell command method you suggested [Get-AppxPackage gamingservices -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers], and I'm happy to report that it worked! I was able to successfully download and install Goat Simulator 3: Windows Edition without encountering any errors.

I appreciate your prompt and effective assistance throughout this process. If I encounter any further issues or have additional questions, I'll be sure to reach out.

Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

Kaleb
Thema:

1. Trouble Downloading Goat Simulator 3: Windows Edition through Xbox PC App - Similar Threads - Trouble Downloading Goat

2. trouble with xbox Tcui

in XBoX on Windows
    trouble with xbox Tcui: Hi all,Every time i load the launcher and click Microsoft login "GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working" pops up and then it says that i cant sign into xbox live. Ive tried resting the app...
  3. having trouble downloading ark survival ascendant it says it's not compatible on my Xbox One s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having trouble downloading ark survival ascendant it says it's not compatible on my Xbox One s: it's saying ark survival ascendant is not compatible with my Xbox One s bc7ddb52-4813-4300-915b-f64d49c97f5e
  4. My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...: My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading offline updates from Xbox support page keeps loading sigh help needed e91cbc71-78e6-4d07-b4fe-2d6f4387cdde
  5. Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica: Hey it’s hard to download mods for subbautica 75766825-bcab-41bf-81cb-3f29c708ec75
  6. I'm having trouble trying to download games on xbox game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble trying to download games on xbox game pass.: hello, when I open the xbox game pass application on my computer, when I try to install a game, it says I need to install game services but it is already installed. Even though I deleted and...
  7. My game isn’t downloading and I tried all of the trouble shooting methods I found online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game isn’t downloading and I tried all of the trouble shooting methods I found online.: My game isn’t downloading and I tried all of the trouble shooting methods I found online. It doesn’t go past 0.0% e73ca7f8-4723-4683-899d-8e4e45b7ccfa
  8. Trouble downloading game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble downloading game: Hi I have purchased the new f1 23 game and on the store sais I own this game, but when I go to download game when u press manage game it said to “Check back in a little bit”/ we’re having trouble...
  9. Diablo 4 Standard Vs Ultimate download trouble shoot.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 Standard Vs Ultimate download trouble shoot.: My friend recently gifted me Diablo 4 standard edition which got installed. However, I bought the ultimate edition price at a lower pirce to join him on early access. Even though both are shoen...
  10. Anyone having trouble canceling downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone having trouble canceling downloads?: After fixing my last problem, where Xbox would not even open by updating my computer, I ran into this issue where the games that I had previously tried to install would not cancel their...