Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X

Discus and support Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox series X and recently bought the arctic 9X wireless headset when I connected the headset I was able to get sound but I have been having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carl Berry1, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Carl Berry1
    Carl Berry1 Guest

I have a Xbox series X and recently bought the arctic 9X wireless headset when I connected the headset I was able to get sound but I have been having issues getting the mic to work. I’ve tried every setting and reconnecting but nothing is working.

:)

Carl Berry1, Jan 1, 2024
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

I’m gearing up for the Xbox series X launch and want to know if the Steel series arctic nine

If you can use the headset on the Xbox One / S / X, it should be usable on the Series X,

Steel Series website on the Arctis 9X Headset states it will work on Xbox Series X, if its the Arctis 9X.

Hi DerekMcClemens

As far as I know, most if not all current hardware will be compatible with the Series X, even your games on your external hard drive can just be plugged in and enjoyed.

This makes it easy for me as I have a 4TB external myself and its almost full.
    I wouldn't run the game direct from the 4TB hard drive as you wont get the fast loading or fast travel times that the Custom NVMe SSD offers, best to transfer you most regular played games on to the Xbox Series X SSD.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Carl,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, based on the information you have provided, it seems that the problem is related to the configuration of the headphones.

Your headset may not be set up correctly to use the microphone with your Xbox series X.

I've seen this problem before and there are a couple of things you can try to fix it:

Check that the headphones are updated with the latest firmware. You can download the latest firmware from the SteelSeries website.

Check that the headset is properly connected to the Xbox series X. Make sure the headset is turned on and in pairing mode.

Check your Xbox series X sound settings. Make sure your headset is selected as the audio input and output device.

Reset the headphones. You can reset the headphones by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Here are some specific steps you can try:

Update headset firmware

Go to the SteelSeries website.

Click the "Support" menu.

Click "Product Updates."

Look for the Arctis 9X headphones.

Click the "Download" button to download the latest firmware.

Once the firmware has downloaded, follow the installation instructions.

Check the headphone connection

Make sure the headphones are turned on.
    Press and hold the pairing button on the headphones for 5 seconds.

On Xbox series X, go to Settings > System > Accessories > Headphones & Microphones.

Select Arctis 9X headphones.

If the headphones are connected correctly, you will see a message that says "Connected."
    Check your sound settings

On Xbox series X, go to Settings > System > Accessories > Headphones & Microphones.
    Select Arctis 9X headphones.

In the "Audio input" section, make sure headphones are selected as the input device.

In the "Audio Output" section, make sure headphones are selected as the output device.

Reset the headphones

Press and hold the power button on the headphones for 10 seconds.

The headphones will turn off and then turn on again.

If you have tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can contact SteelSeries support. They can help you solve the problem.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-headset

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. tejo chase Win User

Probably another Arctis 7 thread

Arctis are the ones who decide which devices their products are compatible with and unfortunately, the arctis 7 isn't however arctis produced the arctis 9x which connects to the Xbox using Xbox wireless rather than Bluetooth (same way your controller connects)
    it does also include Bluetooth though to enable you to connect it to other devices. I'm sorry, you've had trouble with your one x and accessories I've had my one x and elite controller for around 15 months without any issues what so ever.
  5. Satan316 Win User

What Headset do you use?

I was using the Steele Series Arctis Pro for a year or so, but this required me to connect to parties via the xbox app.

I now use the Arctis 9X which is perfect for the xbox.

It is comfortable for long use and easy to get the right chat to game sound mix on the headset as you play.

I think they are well worth it, but do cost a bit.
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

Logitech G935

It will never connect wireless since Xbox dont support usb headsets, you want full wireless you need Arctis 9X by far is the best full wireless headset I know and Astro A50
Thema:

1. Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Trouble Connecting Arctis

2. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  3. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  4. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  5. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  6. My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.: One day as usual, playing on my Xbox Series S when suddendly a network issue came out. I always use my LAN port to play online, since my wifi works really bad. The point is that even tho, i...
  7. Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.: My Xbox says that it is connected to my wi-fi. However, it is not connecting to the Xbox network, so I cannot play online, connect to the store, connect to the game pass, etc. If I connect to my...
  8. Having trouble connecting to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to wifi: I'm having issues with connection right now and it's only been today that it has started happening as I was playing on my Xbox console completely fine last night, and now today I try and load up...
  9. I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...: I have seen some videos of how to fix my account, going as far as to delete the game, and the saved data on my PS4, but I am skeptical since I have a world I have worked on for 3 maybe 4 years, I...
  10. Xbox Connection Troubles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Connection Troubles: I hope this message finds you all in the midst of fantastic gaming adventures. I'm reaching out because I've run into a bit of a snag with my Xbox, and I'm eager to tap into the collective gaming...