Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch

Discus and support Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I Have this exact same problem. Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch. Tried everything mentioned and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpartacusAscent, May 18, 2023.

1. Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch

I Have this exact same problem.

Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch.

Tried everything mentioned and still nothing.

Tried to uninstall CK3 and Reinstall it, and it won't even get past 1% before throwing up the same error codes when trying to reinstall. Mine includes error code 0x87e00196 which when i try to uninstall and reinstall the microsoft gaming services, I then get the 0x80070002.

Repairing / Restarting an historically broken Application doesn't magically fix an historically broken application.

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

:)

SpartacusAscent, May 18, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello SpartacusAscent,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having an error when installing a game. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device driversFor the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Having trouble installing EA Play games from the Xbox app for Windows?Try closing both the Xbox app and the EA app, and then relaunch the Xbox app.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

If issue still persist, please proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.

Run System File Checker and Clean Boot

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Clear the Microsoft Store cache

Open Settings

Apps and Feature

Microsoft Store

Advanced options

Reset

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Burst Axe Win User

home gold?

It better. I don't see why it wouldn't work on launch but it better work Day One.
  5. petemoss41 Win User

XboxOne - Will the Live TV feature be available in Canada?

Why wouldn't it work? I think we will be fine on launch day
  6. Hoover090113 Win User

WALMART HELP!!??

why wouldn't it be? The worlds largest retailer isn't going to be left with zero consoles on launch day of a new console for one of the biggest companies in the world.
Thema:

1. Tried to launch CK3 one day and it wouldn't launch - Similar Threads - Tried launch CK3

2. Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.: My Xbox PC app told me it needed to update, so I updated it via the Windows Store. When I tried to launch the app again it got stuck on the loading screen eternally. After about ten minutes of...
  3. verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...: I've tried literally everything in youtube videos I'm starting to think its because of windows 11. d86fda47-838b-4351-9d9d-e0048f134973
  4. I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.: Every time I launch into Fortnite I receive a blue screen of death withe the error code "Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap" or "Client_watchdog_timeout" Here are the minidump files:...
  5. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  6. How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly: Hello, I’m am a Xbox player and I’m having trouble with this message I’m getting, when ever I try to click my profile or click the Xbox logo, It’s showing me “ Try launching again shortly, If...
  7. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  8. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  9. When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...: When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie, I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]: 'sa_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - check log for more information adf26045-1a33-40ac-a62e-5148ee5cd383
  10. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...