Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!

Discus and support Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had some screen tearing in Titanfall and Trials but not game breaking to me. Sometimes I don't even notice. But it does happen. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DWoodbine, Apr 18, 2014.

  1. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest

    Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!


    I've had some screen tearing in Titanfall and Trials but not game breaking to me. Sometimes I don't even notice. But it does happen.
     
    bowski477, Apr 18, 2014
    #16
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    None of this has anything to do with an internet connection.

    Screen tearing, vsync issues, texture loading, flickering, etc are all due to poor game optimization. The people that aren't seeing it simply don't know what they are looking for. The texture loading to me isn't that annoying but some people are making it
    sound like it's game breaking.

    PC gamers especially are going to pick up on all these flaws much more so than most console gamers because they look for it. If none of these issues have never been pointed out to someone before they may not notice anything because just about every game
    has it to some degree so they may see it as "normal".
     
    Randver, Apr 18, 2014
    #17
  3. Or just not care.

    If those said people care so much why do they not go and do it better?
     
    Listed mia 510, Apr 18, 2014
    #18
  4. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!

    @Listed

    We should all care, if we don't we'll continue to get broken games.

    Fusion also apparently has a crash/corrupt save issue with the track builder. I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of buying games that I have to put on the backburner until they are patched.
     
    Randver, Apr 18, 2014
    #19
  5. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Same here. I mostly play on a higher end 32" Samsung in "Game Mode".

    For those that don't know what screen tearing is...
    en.wikipedia.org/.../File:Tearing_%28simulated%29.jpg


    I don't actively look for flaws, but haven't noticed any tearing in Titanfall; so if it is happening...it evidently doesn't bother me. Lol.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Apr 18, 2014
    #20
  6. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    I do get screen tearing on Titanfall, but it's not that bad for me. I haven't noticed any in Fusion, but I do see textures pop ups.
     
    DWoodbine, Apr 18, 2014
    #21
  7. You get what you ask for. Cheaper more quickly rolled out games equals low quality content.

    The past few years all i have seen is people begging for free, cheaper, quicker games.

    I would be happy with 5 titles i could play all for 1+ year then move onto next years line up. All while Indies released in-between

    Also i am very worried about the 1-2-3-4-5-6 trend at the end of game names. That is what concerns me most.
     
    Listed mia 510, Apr 18, 2014
    #22
  8. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

    Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!

    This game is not cheap though. The last trials game was £10 on the Xbox 360. This one is £16 on Xbox One and there's a season pass available on day one that's another £16. There's no online multiplayer mode (it's gonna be patched in a few months after release).
    The local multiplayer only works on 10 of the tracks.

    I like the game, but I reckon if Red Lynx were still an independent studio instead of being owned by Ubisoft, this game would be better than it is now.

    I tried to record a video of the screen tearing in this, but as the video quality of the game DVR recordings isn't that great, a video makes it seem like the tearing is nowhere near as bad as it actually is (although you can still see it). I have no way
    to do a direct capture unfortunately.

    Some of the reviews have mentioned the tearing issues, such as this from Polygon (who some people claim are biased towards MS, funnily enough): -

    "Trials Fusion is stymied by some glaring technical issues. The most noticeable of these arrives in the form of texture pop-in, as signs and background environments jump from blurry to sharp from one second to the next. Both the Xbox One and the PS4
    versions of the game suffered from these issues. The Xbox One version had additional problems, as specific levels show harsh frame rate drops and screen tearing."
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Apr 18, 2014
    #23
  9. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest
    Only game i know that has screen tearing is titan fall, don't own trials, the screen tearing is worst when there is lag
     
    Karma403, Apr 18, 2014
    #24
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    The weird thing is my copy arrived at my door a day before it was officially released and there was no update for it. I played up to and through the hard tracks and I didn't notice one incident of screen tearing.

    Next day I was prompted for the update, after I loaded the game up and the screen tearing was terrible. Hard Rebooted the console which seems to have sorted it, even though I've seen a little ( can't remember the name of track ) on one of the medium difficulty
    tracks.

    So much for the update lol
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 18, 2014
    #25
  11. Lofty, are you suggesting that the screen-tearing might occur because of the higher resolution that came with the update?
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 18, 2014
    #26
  12. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    @ GG ..

    Not sure lol, all I know is I didn't have one incident ( well didn't notice any ) of screen tearing before the update, after the update I noticed quite a bit.

    As I said though, after hard resetting the console it seems to have mostly gone now but I did still notice a little on one of the medium tracks.

    For all I know it could have been my console that went a little "wonky", maybe the TV settings changed and doing the reset has made it feel better lol
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 18, 2014
    #27
  13. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest

    Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!

    I just can't play this game, maybe because I rode a real OSSA trials bike for years and in competition.

    In other forums people are also reporting problems with both the X1 and PS4.
     
    JWSpeed, Apr 18, 2014
    #28
  14. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    Can't comment on Trials, but I'm passing on it for now, Titanfall has quite bad tearing at times, which is weird, because I don't remember it in the beta.
     
    eviltedi, Apr 18, 2014
    #29
  15. Screen tearing is quite a problem on xbone. Thankfully most people can't tell.
     
    SurfaceMoney397, Apr 18, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing!

Loading...
  1. Trials fusion - yet another game with screen tearing! - Similar Threads - Trials fusion yet

  2. Madden 26 EA Play 10 hour trial not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Madden 26 EA Play 10 hour trial not working: Not sure if this is an issue with just Alpha but I cannot get past the “Thank you for trying out Madden NFL 26. Your signed in account requires an active EA Play subscription. Please purchase EA...
  3. I renew the 30days trial minecraft realms but it still show expired how can i fix it

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I renew the 30days trial minecraft realms but it still show expired how can i fix it: I just renew the minecraft realms 30days trial but when i try to play it show up expired and when i press renew it's show like i have to buy it again how can i fix or do refund to renew it (sorry...
  4. My Xbox Gamepass 1 month trial code says it has already been used. (brand new microsoft...

    in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Gamepass 1 month trial code says it has already been used. (brand new microsoft...: I was gifted a 1 month trial for Gamepass from a friend via Groupon. I created a brand new Microsoft account and tried to redeem the code. It says it has already been redeemed. It's impossible for...
  5. The realms free trial isn't on my Minecraft. Don't forget that I didn't get the free trial...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    The realms free trial isn't on my Minecraft. Don't forget that I didn't get the free trial...: The realms free trial isn't on my Minecraft, don't forget that I didn't get it before df760388-15ea-4f5c-b4eb-5d70216188cb
  6. How to delete a trial version of a game on the Xbox 360 its not letting me play the full game

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to delete a trial version of a game on the Xbox 360 its not letting me play the full game: I have Minecraft on my Xbox 360 but I also have the trial version installed so when I try to launch the game it launches the trial instead ccc3128a-4008-4c12-81ad-608eddff13a2
  7. Farming Simulator 2012 trial expired

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Farming Simulator 2012 trial expired: Hi, I recently tried to launch Farming Simulator 2012 on my Windows PC, but instead of loading normally, the game shows a message saying "Trial expired", even though I own the full version. I'm...
  8. Ghost recon wildlands full game and not the trial

    in XboX Insiders
    Ghost recon wildlands full game and not the trial: Why is it that they only give us the trial instead of the full game? submitted by /u/Ok-Secretary-1179 [link] [comments]
  9. Why is my minecraft acting like I didn't start the realms plus 30 day free trial?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my minecraft acting like I didn't start the realms plus 30 day free trial?: I started a 30 day free trial for Minecraft Realms on my ps5. Made a realm but now my account is acting like I didn't start the free trial. I started it today 200574be-c2f6-4929-bb55-9a50a2260181
  10. i just bought trial fusion for the 360 and its not working

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just bought trial fusion for the 360 and its not working: after buying it i went to download it to my memory stick (i have not hard drive space left) and it wouldn't download, i retried over and over again, following advice from forums, but with no luck,...