Transferring data to new HDD

Discus and support Transferring data to new HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright let's hope I word this correctly. I have a 250 GB console and my friend has a 4GB console. If I buy a 320 GB HDD and then transfer my data from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clean214, Jan 10, 2014.

1. clean214
    clean214 Guest

Alright let's hope I word this correctly. I have a 250 GB console and my friend has a 4GB console. If I buy a 320 GB HDD and then transfer my data from my current 250GB HDD to it will I be able to give my friend the emptied 250 GB HDD? Like basically what
    I mean is will they be able to use it without any trouble? Oh and also, I've heard you can only use the transfer cable once? Is that correct because that doesn't sound logical. Thanks in advance for anyone who has taken the time to read and respond!

:)

clean214, Jan 10, 2014
  2. FrostXenoB
    FrostXenoB Guest
    Issue transferring content from drive to drive

while everyone is on the subject of transferring data, i have a question. i have an older Xbox 360 with the snap in hard drive, is it possible if i buy a new console with the hdd built in if i can transfer the data from the old hdd to the new hdd? and if
    so, how would i go about doing this? thanks in advance.

FrostXenoB, Jan 10, 2014
  3. matojwhite
    matojwhite Guest
    Question about Marketplace system data, new HDD, etc...

I bought a new HDD and used a memory stick to do the transferring of everything from my old one.

Marketplace System Data wouldn't move, and now, on my new HDD, it hasn't popped up again. When I signed back in and everything, everything moved over fine, I even downloaded a random video to see, and it worked fine. Should I be concerned though. It sounds
    pretty important.

I was not able to reformat the new HDD because I did not have the serial #... I had to manually delete everything, before transferring everything.

matojwhite, Jan 10, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes that would work. If you use the transfer cable it will move everything from the 250 to the 320. So the 250 should be wiped clean and you can give it to your friend.

Transfer cables can me used more than once. What they mean by not being able to use it again is that once you perform the transfer you can't transfer everything back. You can only use the cable to transfer to a hard drive that is the same size or higher
    than the one you're transferring from. So you wouldn't be able to use it to transfer back to a 250 after transferring to the 320.

Smwutches, Jan 10, 2014
  5. ThomasWilson Win User

license transfer tool question.

you will need a transfer cable if you have an original Xbox Hdd or 360s Hdd to transfer your data over to your new xbox
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

Using data cable for new console

Ok. (HDD=Hard Drive) I think this is what you are trying to do.

When you transfer data *for example your old HDD to your new HDD. Any thing on the New HDD will be overwritten with the data from the old HDD.* You could use a usb drive as a storage device.(Up to 16GBs). So when you are ready to Transfer Data from your
    old HDD to your new HDD. Before you do any of that make sure that you move ANYTHING you want that's already on the new HDD (Gamerprofiles, Gamesaves,ECT.) Onto the Usb drive and then unplug the usb for safe measures. Then transfer the Data from the old HDD
    to the new one. Once that is done you can copy/move data from the usb drive to the new HDD. The only problem i can think of that can/will come out of this is multiple copy's of the same exact data, This might cause corruption issues. In my opinion, Wait till
    the transfer cable because one wrong move with what i told you. You lose all data or some of it.

Hope this helps in some way

-Sage
  7. FrostXenoB Win User

Issue transferring content from drive to drive

while everyone is on the subject of transferring data, i have a question. i have an older Xbox 360 with the snap in hard drive, is it possible if i buy a new console with the hdd built in if i can transfer the data from the old hdd to the new hdd? and if
    so, how would i go about doing this? thanks in advance.
  8. fantavet Win User

Xbox360 freezes on StartUp screen...

I have a similar issue. HDD will eventually load. Can I buy a new one and transfer data to fix the problem? I want save data before drive crashes. Loads fine when drive is removed. I assume data transfer will not bring problem to new Hdd?

Also would reformat fix the issue?
  9. Smwutches Win User

Yes that would work. If you use the transfer cable it will move everything from the 250 to the 320. So the 250 should be wiped clean and you can give it to your friend.

Transfer cables can me used more than once. What they mean by not being able to use it again is that once you perform the transfer you can't transfer everything back. You can only use the cable to transfer to a hard drive that is the same size or higher
    than the one you're transferring from. So you wouldn't be able to use it to transfer back to a 250 after transferring to the 320.
Thema:

1. Transferring data to new HDD - Similar Threads - Transferring data HDD

2. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  3. I have a question about transferring data from an unofficial Xbox 360 HDD to an official one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a question about transferring data from an unofficial Xbox 360 HDD to an official one.: So, to give some backstory, the hard drive I've had in my 360 for years has started to fail. I didn't want to lose the data I had on there, so I decided to buy a transfer cable and a replacement...
  4. External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S: How do I transfer the 496GB of external hard drive game data from my Xbox 360 to my new Xbox One S? When I plug in the drive the Xbox One S wants to format the drive and erase my data or call it a...
  5. Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves?: I lost a bunch of stuff after a recent lightning strike near my house, including my Xbox one. I have tried a replacement power brick and all the other tricks I could find online but the Xbox...
  6. Transfer Game data from computer to HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Game data from computer to HDD: Hi Everyone. The situation is as follows; I have an old xbox 360 arcade with a 60GB HDD. I wanted to transfer the data from that HDD onto my new xbox 360 slim with 350GB HDD By using the...
  7. Transfer Xbox 360 HDD data to Xbox One without cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Xbox 360 HDD data to Xbox One without cloud: Split from this thread. This did not work for me. My husband purchased a gold xbox live membership, and we both use the Xbox one. I was trying to save my dragon age origins data to the cloud on...
  8. Transfer Xbox 360 HDD data to Xbox One without cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Xbox 360 HDD data to Xbox One without cloud: I got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 S meaning I can't save my game data on there to the cloud. I tried using my transfer cable but the Xbox One didn't read the 360 HDD. Is there anything...
  9. Transfer data between external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer data between external hdd: I'm with external HDD 1GB too full . I bought a 2gb . Is there any way to transfer data directly between the two hdds ? Or I'll have to transfer the data from a HDD for Xbox and then the Xbox to...
  10. Xbox One HDD Data Transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDD Data Transfer: I am upgrading to the COD:AW 1TB console for the extra space. How do I move over my data from my 500GB console to my 1TB console? Now that I think about it, I can, do not really want to,...