Transferring and moving games to a new account. Help pls :)

Discus and support Transferring and moving games to a new account. Help pls :) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have one older account that is linked to my parents email and all of my fathers personal work related stuff so I created a new account with my own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EndlessTheGod, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Transferring and moving games to a new account. Help pls :)

So I have one older account that is linked to my parents email and all of my fathers personal work related stuff so I created a new account with my own email and would like to transfer all my downloaded games, dlc, etc. to my new account. But I am afraid
    that if I were to ever get a new console and try a licenses transfer from my new account that none of my games will come with it as they were all purchased on the old account under my fathers email.

:)

EndlessTheGod, Sep 16, 2016
  2. Account Somehow deleted off xbox

have you tried to download your account on another console and transferring it to a usb stick and manually moving it to your console?

ANONYMOUS CREW, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Blop45
    Blop45 Guest
    Xbox child account

My email for verifying child account timed

out and i need Microsoft to send me a new one and i don't know how pls help

Blop45, Sep 16, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Ownership of games, and other purchases, cannot be transferred between accounts.

If the old account keeps the console as its 'Home Xbox' you will continue to be able to play them, and can make new purchases on the new account, but you cannot transfer ownership of the games over to the new account.

I know this isn't the answer you want, but I hope the clarification helps.

maxen, Sep 16, 2016
  5. I was afraid this was the case and you are right that it's not the answer I was hoping for but I appreciate u letting me know.

EndlessTheGod, Oct 31, 2018
  6. EndlessTheGod Win User

I was afraid this was the case and you are right that it's not the answer I was hoping for but I appreciate u letting me know.
  7. maxen Win User

Ownership of games, and other purchases, cannot be transferred between accounts.

If the old account keeps the console as its 'Home Xbox' you will continue to be able to play them, and can make new purchases on the new account, but you cannot transfer ownership of the games over to the new account.

I know this isn't the answer you want, but I hope the clarification helps.
  8. MarcinTM Win User
  9. fredgiblet Win User

Merging windows live id with xbox live?

No.

EDIT: You can swap the accounts around to attach the Xbox account to the e-mail address you want to be using. Steps here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945419/pl. That's going to be more difficult if you've already created a gamertag on the new account, you'll have to move the gamertag that's on the new
    accoutn off of it, then move the old gamertag onto the new account.
  10. ManuelJung Win User

How do I unlink my ps4 and minecraft account. I am trying to link it with a new account pls help

I am trying to link it with a new account pls help
Thema:

1. Transferring and moving games to a new account. Help pls :) - Similar Threads - Transferring moving games

2. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  3. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  4. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  5. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  6. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  7. Logged into a family account and moving can dlcs on family account be transfered?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Logged into a family account and moving can dlcs on family account be transfered?: I am logged in to a family Xbox account with my own separate profile and I will be moving soon and I will no longer be in the family account but my profile is still on the other Xbox I’m taking...
  8. Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another: I've been stuck for a few months with a hard drive containing a number of games (older saves or otherwise lesser played games that I keep off the main console to save space) not being able to...
  9. dying light wont transfer or update to let me move to my internal drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dying light wont transfer or update to let me move to my internal drive: I bought it and it has a blue star in the top right wich i think that means a update is needed so i click on it and it says you are early you must wait until the 27th now this happened with...
  10. How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?: Hello, The HDD of my existing Xbox One(500Gb) is almost full.:-( Type of Xbox Live Account is Gold. Is there any possibility to upgrage HDD only from 500Gb to 1Tb? If yes then How? :-) If no...