Transfering Minecraft Xbox 360 to Xbox One X won't work

Discus and support Transfering Minecraft Xbox 360 to Xbox One X won't work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a Xbox One X and the Minecraft Xbox One version. I want to transfer my saved games from my old Xbox 360 to my new Xbox. I followed all the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BekkemaM, Jan 11, 2018.

1. BekkemaM
    BekkemaM Guest

I bought a Xbox One X and the Minecraft Xbox One version. I want to transfer my saved games from my old Xbox 360 to my new Xbox. I followed all the steps in Minecraft on my Xbox 360. And then I wanted to open old worlds on my Xbox One but there are no games.

Microsoft support (chat) tells me that because Xbox 360 and Xbox One are different platforms it never will work. And that al the youtube movies are not representive or not working. But why is there then this option, and why doesn't it work.

Is there somebody out there who could help me with this. I really want to save my created worlds and play it on my Xbox One X.

Transfering Minecraft Xbox 360 to Xbox One X won't work [​IMG]

:)

BekkemaM, Jan 11, 2018
  2. newaudioking
    newaudioking Guest
    Minecraft Xbox One

hi

my son has been playing minecraft, saint row, far cry 4 etc in Xbox 360. is it possible to transfer the games to xbox one? minecraft is an online purchase. rest all the discs we bought from Game.

he doesnt want to upgrade to xbox one but ofcourse we are missing out the new features of xbox one and xbox 360 is getting out dated fast and would value for nothing soon.. ihave few consoles left like that and lying in the garage.. (ps2, xbox, psp etc)..

any advice on transferring the games would be helpful for me to decide on xbox one..

Thanks

newaudioking, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Minecraft Xbox One

Why do you need to sell the 360? Like others said you'll need to rebuy the games he's after and not all will be a available on the Xbox One. May as well keep the 360, and buy him a One. That's what I did. Still regularly play my 360 despite having a ton of games for my One.

IrritatedBadger, Jan 11, 2018
  4. BekkemaM
    BekkemaM Guest

Together with Mojang support I found out the problem why I do not manage to import my saved worlds on my Xbox One X in the online purchased version of Minecraft.

The Minecraft Xbox One version that you can buy online in the Microsoft store is a different version than the Minecraft Xbox One version you buy in the store (DVD). The online version is the so-called Minecraft (bedrock code base on xbox one) version.

To import the saved worlds, you first need to export the worlds on the Xbox 360 Minecraft version, import them into the Minecraft Xbox One Edtion import and then import old worlds into the Minecraft bedrock codebase version. (Minecraft Xbox 360 -> Minecraft
    Xbox One Edtion -> Minecraft Xbox bedrock codebase).

You end up with a version that you do not use, but you can then sell it via e-bay to fellow gamers who have the same problem. Transfering Minecraft Xbox 360 to Xbox One X won't work :)

So it is possible and fortunately not as Microsoft indicated earlier that the worlds would be lost.

BekkemaM, Jan 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: