Transfer Xbox Game App over local network

Discus and support Transfer Xbox Game App over local network in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection with my wife. We are both Xbox Game Pass for PC subscribers, so that's not a problem. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LuemasG, Jan 1, 2022.

1. LuemasG
    LuemasG Guest

Hello,

I am trying to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection with my wife. We are both Xbox Game Pass for PC subscribers, so that's not a problem. The only problem is the biggo download size - we're near the end of our cycle and we don't have enough gigs to download Master Chief Collection a second time and then be able to play online afterwards (internet is configured to shut down when it hits the max so we don't get overage charges).

On Steam I can just transfer the files over the local network from my PC to my wife's PC and start an install and Steam will discover the existing files and then just download anything extra it needs over the internet. This is great for drastically cutting back on data usage for large downloads. I haven't been able to find a sure fire way to do this with games downloaded on the Xbox app for PC or the Microsoft Store.

Is anybody aware of a way to transfer game installs over the local network versus downloading massive guys over the internet multiple times?

:)

LuemasG, Jan 1, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Unfortunately you can't transfer Xbox Game Pass games from one PC to another. You'll need to download it on the second device. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Happy New year
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Without external device

4. Belen T.C. Win User

Network transfer

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you want to know if you can turn off the network transfer on your Xbox Console. Network transfer is a feature that allows you to copy games and apps from one Xbox console to another over your local network. You can turn off network transfer when you are done transferring your games and apps to your new Xbox. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer.

3. Under Network transfer, uncheck the box that says Allow network transfer.

This will stop your Xbox from sending or receiving games and apps over the network.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Use network transfer to copy games and apps to another Xbox | Xbox Support

We hope this helps you enjoy your new Xbox. If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox one hard drive

It does work, saved me so many hours of not having to redownload games
    Could also transfer them from one xbox to the new one over the local network
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Will there be a transfer cable for One X?

Thema:

1. Transfer Xbox Game App over local network - Similar Threads - Transfer Game App

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  4. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  5. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc: if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like...
  6. Do you own this game or app? After network transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this game or app? After network transfer: Hello, I’ve received the “do you own this game or app?” error after transferring games from my Xbox one to my Xbox one x. Is there anyway to fix this? Both the xboxs were logged into the same...
  7. Why does my games from my Xbox not transfer to my Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my games from my Xbox not transfer to my Xbox app on pc: I made a switch from Xbox to pc like 2 years ago and have been wanting to go back and play some of the games that I used to so when I open the Xbox app on pc it says I own like 4 of the 90 I had...
  8. can you transfer purchased game on xbox 360 to pc on xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you transfer purchased game on xbox 360 to pc on xbox app: can you transfer purchased game on xbox 360 to pc on xbox app, is it possible?... cause I don't want to pay for the same game twice Please help e4bc8a08-93f1-41e8-a5f6-1267f1be5dc5
  9. [PC] Transfer game saves from Xbox App to another install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC] Transfer game saves from Xbox App to another install?: I am wondering if you can transfer save data from a game installed via the PC Xbox app to an installation from a different storefront. For example, could I transfer save data from Astroneer from...
  10. Windows App Game File Transfer to New Computer Not Supported

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows App Game File Transfer to New Computer Not Supported: So i'm building a new computer and I have backed up all my game installation folders from Steam and Origin so they can just be transferred onto the new pc, to skip the hundreds of hours of...