Transfer, Gift, or Share a World

Discus and support Transfer, Gift, or Share a World in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With the Xbox One having a cloud storage, I believe it would be possible to have either a shared map or be able to transfer a map from one gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by corruptsamus, Nov 28, 2015.

1. corruptsamus
    corruptsamus Guest

With the Xbox One having a cloud storage, I believe it would be possible to have either a shared map or be able to transfer a map from one gamertag to another. In the past, I have made maps for friends as presents. It has been frustrating for my friends
    needing to wait for me to get on to play the maps. Therefore, it is not a very good present.

Here are a couple ways this could work.

1.The transfer would probably be the easiest to do with having Gamer1 transfer MapX to Gamer 2 since that map is already saved to the cloud. It would probably need to be sent as a message or similar concept with an accept/decline option.

2. Another way is just to allow a player that joins in the map save a copy to his gamertag. I know some map builders would be against this idea, since they do not want their work stolen/credit be taken from them. This would need an enable/disable option.

3. Having a shared map would be nice, because multiple people could work on the same map without needing the host to be on. The mechanics of how this would work could be a bit more tricky. Would it be public, friends only, or specific gamertags. It would
    always need to be an online map, because if two or more people join they would be working on the same map.

I believe option 3 the shared map would be most useful for the gaming community. Let me know thoughts and ideas on these suggestions.

Thanks!

:)

corruptsamus, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Transferring/downloading Minecraft maps

Hi! Yes it is fine to download and share maps. You will not get banned as it is not against any rules in the Code of Conduct. Well as long as the world is not modded. But to download or share maps you need to have a save of that map and transfer it to your
    profile via modding tool. This is not considered modding by merely using a tool to transfer worlds! You will need a USB, A computer on which you can store files and the tool to complete the transfer. What a lot of people use is Horizon and/or Modio.

COD3 red quote, XBL Ambassador.Concern+Question thread, by SlyRam,Minecraft forum.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY, Nov 28, 2015
  3. RocNrolla
    RocNrolla Guest
    Share World

a code of some sort (pin#) could be given to people to access the shared map.

RocNrolla, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Transfer, Gift, or Share a World

I agree. Having the ability to work on a shared world even though the "owner" isn't online would be amazing.

x Dark Ronin x, Dec 24, 2015
  5. x Dark Ronin x Win User

I agree. Having the ability to work on a shared world even though the "owner" isn't online would be amazing.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Transfer Xbox Gift Card

Unfortunately, gift cards cannot be transferred from one account to another!

You can share share your thoughts and feedback by visiting feedback.xbox.com as that is the right place for your voice to be heard!
  7. SUPERHEAVYDOODY Win User

Transferring/downloading Minecraft maps

Hi! Yes it is fine to download and share maps. You will not get banned as it is not against any rules in the Code of Conduct. Well as long as the world is not modded. But to download or share maps you need to have a save of that map and transfer it to your
    profile via modding tool. This is not considered modding by merely using a tool to transfer worlds! You will need a USB, A computer on which you can store files and the tool to complete the transfer. What a lot of people use is Horizon and/or Modio.

COD3 red quote, XBL Ambassador.Concern+Question thread, by SlyRam,Minecraft forum.
  8. DeniqL Win User

i’ve put my gift card on my wrong account how do i switch it to my other account

Hi,Lenny! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer a gift card to another account once you have redeemed it.

Was it a suscription or game gift card?

Because if it was you can still share it through the home xbox feature
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

Funds added to wrong email

Hello MilitantTaco,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your son redeemed an Xbox gift card to the wrong account, and you would like the funds to be transferred to the correct account. You would also like to know if game licenses can be transferred
    as well. The redemption and use of gift cards (other than Skype gift cards) are governed by the

Microsoft Gift Card Terms and Conditions
    . The terms and conditions state, "Your Microsoft account balance
    is non-transferable to another person or Microsoft account." in section 2.5. The licenses for games are not transferrable as well.

There are options available in this scenario that we can take. The funds on the account cannot be transferred. However, a Microsoft account user can

gift certain items on the Microsoft Store like games
    to another Microsoft account. The person receiving the gift will get an email with a code for the item. The games that are already on the account cannot be traferred either, but you can use
    the home console feature
    on an Xbox One to share games from one account to another. The article we provided explains more about sharing content and subscriptions through the console. We hope this information helps
    MilitantTaco!
Thema:

1. Transfer, Gift, or Share a World - Similar Threads - Transfer Gift Share

2. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  3. To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.: I was told to write this here so it will bring attention to this problem, so I have. I just hope they will be able to add an option to be able to transfer it to the correct account or something....
  4. Need help with gifted game not transferred

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with gifted game not transferred: need help with gifted game not transferred a5dbc582-20cc-4495-ae2f-b6e4f00088fb
  5. How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S?: A Windows 10 PC game > Minecraft>was gifted to my Microsoft account a while back and I would like to transfer it to my Xbox series S. Are they compatible? e7bdd4f1-21fd-43a4-9129-6e41eea1bff1
  6. Can I transfer a gift card balance from one account to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer a gift card balance from one account to another: I accidentally put my sons gifts card on the wrong account. We haven’t redeemed it and I want to transfer to him 896bf8a0-be54-4b14-addb-9b9d630debce
  7. Transfer Microsoft Gift Card funds to XBox child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Microsoft Gift Card funds to XBox child account: My son got a $100 XBox gift card. I applied it to my Microsoft account, and I need to transfer the funds to his child account. I have him set up in the Microsoft "Family Safety" app... I don't...
  8. Gift card and account balance money transfer between store countries

in XboX Insiders
    Gift card and account balance money transfer between store countries: Hello what do you think if we could convert our gift card to another country there are surely people here even if it can be she who have a few pennies or cents but who could surely be used for a...
  9. Transfer Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Xbox Gift Card: Hello, I accidentally added a gift card to my son's account. I contacted support and they said they were unable to transfer it to my account. Other companies - Apple - don't seem to have this...
  10. transfer redeem gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer redeem gift card: the gift card will be posted to my Microsoft account but I want to give it to someone else as a gift 22b9c539-6142-4a9c-a4cc-439aee72a224