Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing)

Discus and support Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When we first set up this xbox gamertag, child accounts were not available and my son was not old enough to have his own email without lying on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KarynRanzau, Mar 25, 2020.

1. KarynRanzau
    KarynRanzau Guest

Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing)

When we first set up this xbox gamertag, child accounts were not available and my son was not old enough to have his own email without lying on the setup. He has been using my account and is now an adult himself. What can be done to separate the gamertag
    from my account? Is my only option to give him my email address - to which several businesses and work items are linked? This is ridiculous to have this issue.

If I change the email address associated with the account to an email address that he owns, can I set up a new account with my original email address, or will that address be unuseable? Thanks for any advice.

:)

KarynRanzau, Mar 25, 2020
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Unfortunately you can not seperate his gamertag from your account, you can however add his email address to the Microsoft/XBox account in general, then set the new email address as the primary alias, then remove your email address.

This page will walk you through the process, just be sure to read everything very carefully and make
    sure that you fully understand what you are doing, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
  3. KevinWood7 Win User

How to make main account a child account moving forward

Thanks. My son is using my account primarily to play fortnite. If i create a child account for him do you know if there is a way to transfer the skins he’s bought in my account in to this new account do he’s not starting totally over?
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

Moving game progress from an adult account to a child account??

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer items (game saves, achievements, purchases) between accounts. Your son would have to either still play the game under your account, or start over with the new child account.

As for turning your adult account into a child account, you would have to change the settings but if you son has the login for the account, he would be able to change them back.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Transfer account to son or change/update email issue

nope, nothing can be transferred, a child account should have been created originally, you cannot transfer anything as your microsoft account is the email and game account, they are all one account.

he would have to start a fresh with a brand new account and gamertag, make his xbox your home xbox and he can play all the games you own on his new account.
  6. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Family sharing Xbox live gold / Destiny

Can he access the campaign or is he unable to access the game at all? What you might try is to set up another gamertag, and see if that one has access. I also wonder if your sons account is set to a child account. Destiny is a M rated game, and he might
    not have access to playing it because he has a child account. If you try setting up another gamertag, make certain that it is not a child account.
Thema:

1. Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing) - Similar Threads - Transfer Gamertag history

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...: Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email account now that he is older than 13 and can have his own email? e412a347-cb45-4272-8e1d-482d087df223
  9. How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?: Hi I want to transfer gamertag to a different email address, without losing the history. Is that possible? My son is currently using my email address to access Xbox and I want update it to his,...
  10. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...