Transfer Game ownership to my child's gamer profile

Discus and support Transfer Game ownership to my child's gamer profile in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a console with 2 gamer profiles, myself (parent) and my son. I bought NBA2K and downloaded it while logged in as the parent profile. Now, every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TimCasey6, Dec 23, 2020.

1. TimCasey6
    TimCasey6 Guest

I have a console with 2 gamer profiles, myself (parent) and my son. I bought NBA2K and downloaded it while logged in as the parent profile. Now, every time my son wants to play the game, I have to sign in my (parent) profile first and then he can also
    sign in and play the game. I don't want to sign in my profile every time he wants to play the game. I never play the games.

Can I transfer ownership of the downloaded game to my son's profile so that he can play it without me needing to sign in?

:)

TimCasey6, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. Megan M23 Win User

Trying to change email address on Minecraft account

I take it I can not transfer the Xbox profile to another Microsoft account? As a parent that set up the game when my kids were young, it should be transferable once the child comes of age.

So is it possible then to delete gamer tags /Minecraft profiles and restart completely so that they can use their current emails? Or will that screw up my Xbox account?
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

license transfer help?

Hey there Toffee!

Just to be clear, license transfers are not meant to be used for sharing content. They work for transferring ownership from one console to another, not from one profile to another. For example: If your brother bought the Dragonborn DLC then
    gets a new Xbox 360 console, he can use a license transfer to transfer ownership of the content to the new console. But it cannot be used to transfer ownership to your profile.

If you are wanting to play the DLC that he purchased on his profile, you will need to be logged into his profile to do so.

Are you logged into his account while trying to access the Dragonborn DLC?
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Transfer Adult Gamer Profile to Child Account

Any responses on this?
    No. Nothing is transferrable between accounts
  6. maxen Win User

License Transfer question... again

This will not work as you intend. Ownership cannot be split, nor can it be transferred between profiles.

In this hypothetical scenario, when you transfer the licences to your Xbox, the ownership of all content will be with his profile and your console. You cannot split the ownership. In this state, it means that your console could play all content irrespective
    of profile using it (it owns the console licence), and his profile has to be connected to Live in order for him to use it (he still has the profile licence).

After doing a licence transfer you cannot do another for a further four months. So you would have to wait for this period of time before transferring back, at which point your console loses its console licence to the content.

There's more information here:
    http://xbox.com/DRM
Thema:

1. Transfer Game ownership to my child's gamer profile - Similar Threads - Transfer Game ownership

2. Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another: i want to transfer microsoft flight simolater to my other account f7ee3007-d420-42d0-a040-e3f7b7897515
  3. Game ownership transfer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game ownership transfer.: Hello, I’m aware of the home console feature for sharing games however I have 4 kids that play games on the home console and I use my own. We have 3 consoles and my son bought games on my gamer...
  4. Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another: I would like to transfer minecraft from one account to another. I was locked out of my account at the time, and I had to buy on a different account. Is it possible to transfer the ownership so I...
  5. Transfer game ownership (Forza Horizon 5) to another Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer game ownership (Forza Horizon 5) to another Xbox account: So I recently bought both Forza Horizon 4 & 5 on Steam. I have two Xbox accounts and wanted to have both games on my main account. I was able to link Forza Horizon 4 to the correct Xbox account....
  6. re: transfer of ownership of Game to other

in XBoX Games and Apps
    re: transfer of ownership of Game to other: Hi, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition recently under my Microsoft Account, and I would like to transfer the ownership to my son, who own a Microsoft Account too. May I know if this...
  7. Transfer ownership of game from old account to new account

in XBoX on Windows
    Transfer ownership of game from old account to new account: So back in 2016/2017 I got my first xbox and I made an account and my dad put lots of parental controls on that account to the point where the account was unusable on top of that he forgot the pin...
  8. How Do I Transfer Game Ownership?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Do I Transfer Game Ownership?: My brother has some digital games that he doesn't play and i wan't them. Is there a way to transfer the licence or ownership so I can play the games without having to have his profile signed in in...
  9. Game ownership transfer on the xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game ownership transfer on the xbox one: Ok my son installed his sonic mania plus on my account and when he plays on his account is loses the "Plus", no DLC content. I want transfer the ownership/DRM to his account. We do share a...
  10. Game Ownership Transfer - Digital Copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Ownership Transfer - Digital Copy: Hello, I am wondering if I can give my Halo 5 to someone else. I have won a second copy of the game and I'm wondering what ways there are for me to give it to someone else when dealing with a...