Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ?

Discus and support Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Done a bit of research, but getting confused now. I'll try and be as clear as I can. My 6yo son recently got into Lego in a big way, so I got him a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Smithyz59, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Smithyz59
    Smithyz59 Guest

Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ?

Done a bit of research, but getting confused now. I'll try and be as clear as I can.

My 6yo son recently got into Lego in a big way, so I got him a few games for my xbox360. I didn't bother to make a new profile for him at the time and he just played them on mine.

Now I have an XboxOne I don't really like him sharing my profile and want to make one of his own for him.

However, time has passed and I have bought more games as well as a fair bit of DLC for his Lego games on my current profile.

I would like to set up a new profile for him, and transfer all his Lego save games and DLC to his profile, while keeping my saves and DLC (different games I should point out) on my profile.

Anyone know if this is possible ?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

S.

:)

Smithyz59, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Transfer ME2 profile with DLC?

I started playing Mass Effect 2 on my uncle's Xbox, and he purchased all the DLC on his profile. My profile doesn't have the DLC purchased. Would it be possible to transfer the save and the DLC to my Xbox?

AlertHarbor4381, Mar 19, 2016
  3. xbox live account

how to transfer my xbox360 live gold membership account to another new xbox360 live account.because i bought a used xbox360 with a gold membership and i want to transfer the gold membership to my new xbox360 profile account.

IIPuNiSHeR pRII, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

No,it's not possible.

Saves are tied to the profile that made them & can't be moved to another profile.

As long as your profile is still on the 360 he should be able to access the dlc with his own profile though,the same would apply if the games are digital downloads.

If they are disc games then anyone can play them.

Daft Badger, Mar 19, 2016
  5. Smithyz59
    Smithyz59 Guest
    Thanks for the concise and clear answer Daft Badger - exactly what I needed.

Smithyz59, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

No,it's not possible.

Saves are tied to the profile that made them & can't be moved to another profile.

As long as your profile is still on the 360 he should be able to access the dlc with his own profile though,the same would apply if the games are digital downloads.

If they are disc games then anyone can play them.
  7. Smithyz59 Win User

Thanks for the concise and clear answer Daft Badger - exactly what I needed.
  8. Pagano Win User

Save data reset and DLC erased when transferring Live profile through ethernet cable

When you download your profile to installed it in a new xbox, the save data, applications, demos, DLC and games are not transfered.

Save games can only be transfered using a usb stick to copy them from the old xbox into the new one. DLCs, games and apps can be downloaded again with no charge using your account history.
  9. Ari11ian Win User

Lost Email Info attached to RROD'd Gtag - Cannot Recover - Please Help

Called Xbox support.

Verdict: since my original gtag 1 was never online i have to use a transfer cable to transfer profiles from my original rrod hdd to the current xbox.

Problem: the transfer willt be a full data transfer not partial, from my original 60g hdd to my 4g slim. NOT possible.

Solution: purchase xbox 250g or + HDD, replace 4g hdd with 250, purchase 1x slim to slim hdd transfer cable, transfer current profile from 4g HDD to new 250+HDD. Purchase Xbox360 original hdd to Xbox360 slim hdd transfer cable, Transfer profile from original
    360 hdd to 360 slim with new 250g hdd, merge profiles

providing I remember the password.

Ouch.
  10. TheBalabooboo Win User

transferring game progress into kids account now that it is set up

I have the exact same issue. Unfortunately, this cannot be done as you cannot transfer save game files between profiles.

What I did with my son was have him start any new games while playing on his profile. When he goes back to Lego Superheroes 2, he logs in with my profile. It will take a while but eventually he will "outgrow" my account.
Thema:

1. Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ? - Similar Threads - Transfer DLC game

2. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  3. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  4. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  5. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...
  6. Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game: This is specific to Dead by Daylight - I have purchased items (skins, characters) and have made progress in the cloud gaming side, but none of this is available on my recently purchased copy of...
  7. DLC transferring on different consoles (Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC transferring on different consoles (Xbox one: Hey,My brothers account had the gorod krovi DLC but not the descent pack my brother's account gamertag is kirasnyder but another actually has the zombies chronicles dlc and der eisendrache and it...
  8. Xbox one s to Xbox one s transfer, no game saves or dlc on new one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s to Xbox one s transfer, no game saves or dlc on new one: I transferred my old Xbox one S, using a external hard drive, to a new Xbox one S, as the disk drive on the first one packed in, it is worth noting that there was pleanty of storage on the...
  9. All of my DLC is not transferring to my Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my DLC is not transferring to my Series X.: So on my Xbox One S I bought DLC in Dragon Ball Fighterz. All my DLC on the One S is working. Now that I transfered my games and all to the series x, the store is telling me that I do not have all...
  10. Game and dlc transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game and dlc transfer: In november im going to buy an xbox one x and recently i boight the dlcs for destiny 2 if i were to tramsferr destiny 2 would it transfere the dlcs as well because im confused Thanks...