Transfer Cable data issues finds only music

Discus and support Transfer Cable data issues finds only music in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; EDIT: LOL scratch that. I may have found the problem. the new HD was in the 360 and old HD on the cable but when I switched it up (old HD on 360 new HD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LordKillerDNA, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Transfer Cable data issues finds only music

EDIT: LOL scratch that. I may have found the problem. the new HD was in the 360 and old HD on the cable but when I switched it up (old HD on 360 new HD on cable) it read the data. perhaps that's what is really needed to be done. totally not what the instructions
    said but totally how it seems it's gonna work

-

I bought a newly-used HD from gamestop and grabbed a transfer cable to move my junk over. It took a minute but it registers my old 14GB HD but it doesn't register ANYTHING but the music I had ripped onto it. When I put my old HD back in the 360 it reads
    all my game info and whatever just fine but when I hook it up to the transfer cable box (black) it is only reading the music and not all my game and themes and whatnot.

-

is this common for transfer cables NOT being able to transfer all your save data? What is the point of having a transfer cable if you can't transfer your stuff!!??

:)

LordKillerDNA, Feb 7, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    How to upgrade a 250 GB HDD with a 320 GB HDD on X360 slim

Hi, there is a data transfer kit you can use.

-

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

-

I can't stress enough how important it is to only use a genuine Microsoft branded data transfer cable. Using third party cables causes all sorts of issues from lost data to unusable hard drives.

EggsBoxJuan, Feb 7, 2014
  3. yankees33b
    yankees33b Guest
    hard drives

i can't find my 250gb hard drive under storage devices.i just got a transfer data cable and I'm only seeing the that is plugged into the data cable.

yankees33b, Feb 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Transfer Cable data issues finds only music