Toxicity - Overload?

Discus and support Toxicity - Overload? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Now I don't mind a bit of back and forth, but every now and then you get into an exchange with someone that's so absurd that the normal report... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by iPhantomSitter, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Toxicity - Overload?

Now I don't mind a bit of back and forth, but every now and then you get into an exchange with someone that's so absurd that the normal report functions seem insufficient.

Enter, last night. I was on Smite, a game fairly infamous for it's levels of toxicity as it is. Now I'm no pro player myself, but this person was not a good Smite player. The fact I was having to babysit him constantly was having a negative effect on everyone
    else on our team. To cut a long story short, it was my last game of the evening; he was spamming in-game communication throughout and after a while, I just got tired of it. So rather than retaliate, I just left. Crazy, right?

I've attached screenshots of the messages I received as a result. I played it off, of course, but the fact that this person went from 0-100 this quick is concerning. You can see that he offered payment for my details, used racist and aggressive language
    and even used mis-spelling and punctuation as ways to try and circumvent actually swearing.

I have filed a complaint against him with Xbox, both on console and via live chat. Next up is Youtube because as you can see, this person is a content creator!! I visited their YT and that term is used loosely, but I digress.

Share your own experiences of toxicity on XBL, let this be a place to vent!

[Mod Removed]

:)

iPhantomSitter, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Toxicity

While this can clearly be frustrating, it's important to let enforcement do their jobs and leave the 'calling out' to them. As someone else stated, just report and move on and don't be afraid to mute/block/report at the first signs of TOS violations.

MarsNeedsTacos, Oct 15, 2018
  3. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Toxicity

Hey there Xbox Fans!

I will be closing this thread as it is linked to a post from over a year ago. You are more than welcomed to start your own, I am pretty sure other gamers would like to bring their ideas into the subject. Toxicity - Overload? :)

Thank you! (ノ≥∇≤)ノ

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Toxicity - Overload?

Hi, you shouldn't call out another gamer on the forums, it is a violation. You shouls d use the report feature on Xbox for each message that violates the code of conduct. Then mute and block the player. Let enforcement deal with this.

Njal the Blue, Oct 15, 2018
  5. Hi Njal, I did just that and I've spoken to someone through Live Chat; they actually told me to post the messages on the forum so other people were aware of it...should I remove the discussion?

iPhantomSitter, Oct 16, 2018
  6. Whilst I fully understand the reasoning, you were given wrong advice. If you can edit out the gamertag all is fine. Don't want you getting any actions against you.

Njal the Blue, Oct 16, 2018
  7. Noted. I don't think I can amend the post as it has comments on it. Can you remove yours and I'll just delete it.

Thanks

8. Toxicity - Overload?

He thinks he is clever, messaging you as he has. Probably thinks he has found a way round enforcement action but he will get a shock. Using special characters, acronyms or missing letters out, does not avoid action.

9. Oh he knew exactly what he was doing!

I've made some adjustments Njal. Any better?

10. You just needed to report him and block him why didn't you did that after the 1st message?

ForzaDrift Girl, Oct 16, 2018
  11. I actually blocked him after the second but messages kept coming through. His profile then only had the option to 'unblock him'.

12. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    I find it best to ignore people like this. Report the player for harassment and block him, report every single message they sent.

Tormaz, Oct 16, 2018
  13. Toxicity - Overload?

Yes, that keeps you safe.

Enforcement will catch up with him, if they haven't already it will be soon. I hope you reported all the messages.

14. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest
    You did the right thing reporting this player. MS will make sure that they are dealt with appropriately.

Saeleth, Nov 2, 2018
  15. Njal the Blue Win User

Toxicity - Overload?

Yes, that keeps you safe.

Enforcement will catch up with him, if they haven't already it will be soon. I hope you reported all the messages.
  16. Tormaz Win User

Toxicity - Overload?

I find it best to ignore people like this. Report the player for harassment and block him, report every single message they sent.
  17. iPhantomSitter Win User

Toxicity - Overload?

I actually blocked him after the second but messages kept coming through. His profile then only had the option to 'unblock him'.
  18. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Toxicity - Overload?

You just needed to report him and block him why didn't you did that after the 1st message?
  19. iPhantomSitter Win User

Toxicity - Overload?

Hi Njal, I did just that and I've spoken to someone through Live Chat; they actually told me to post the messages on the forum so other people were aware of it...should I remove the discussion?
Thema:

Toxicity - Overload?

1. Toxicity - Overload? - Similar Threads - Toxicity Overload

2. i got permanently suspended by Toxic people & they tried to get my account banned when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got permanently suspended by Toxic people & they tried to get my account banned when I...: Dear Xbox. My TootieFruity#346 Account got permanently suspended from the Xbox efforcement by Mistake by this User [mod removed] she sent me very inappropriate messages & photos & deleted them to...
  3. I told someone that I’m going to nuke their house even though they was being toxic first.....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I told someone that I’m going to nuke their house even though they was being toxic first.....: We was playing r6 when this kid messaged me to get better at the game, so I don’t sit there and take it. I retaliate for defence. then when I retaliated he invited me to a party but I didn’t join...
  4. Xbox live is filled with toxic players.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox live is filled with toxic players.: I'm not a PvPer, I never have been much for it, now I'm older and just dont have the reaction times for it. So I avoid online games, but recently I started playing Sea of Thieves. Its free on...
  5. Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?: Playing r6 anymore sucks, id argue more then dead by daylight to a degree. But today after saying my usual gg to the sweaty trolls in the game I realized I was banned for 8 days on Xbox for saying...
  6. Can I get my account susspention removed because their is a toxic person yelling at me and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get my account susspention removed because their is a toxic person yelling at me and...: Harassment false susspention 7be6d74a-c227-41ed-ae34-bbc58ad47fb5
  7. Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.: I was punished for his very toxic harassing behavior to me and my team saying a bunch of slurs and dumb typical trash talk stuff. He then messages me making fun of me, calling me, trash and...
  8. Why do I get toxic players messaging me, I defend myself and get banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get toxic players messaging me, I defend myself and get banned?: It's been getting bad lately. I play a game and someone sends toxic messages and I stand up for myself only to be banned? I've reported people and it never works but I always seem to get banned in...
  9. Why most toxic people dosent get reported ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why most toxic people dosent get reported ?: i always wonder why people that’s toxic never get reported,I miss the days when people that says hard r’s and weird things gets reported on the spot 0edc9c2b-6999-453e-9f56-4c62adf7caeb
  10. Why am I still receiving sign in notifications from a very toxic player I have BLOCKED?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I still receiving sign in notifications from a very toxic player I have BLOCKED?: I have unfriended and BLOCKED a toxic gamer, but I still get notifications EVERY SINGLE TIME they sign in. I have tried turning notifications off and on. I have tried removing the block and...