Toshiba External Hard Drive spinning up every 60 seconds

Discus and support Toshiba External Hard Drive spinning up every 60 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue is not limited to Toshiba ext USB drives. I currently have 2 Seagate ext HD connected and they do the same thing when power options set to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by qt12705, Oct 18, 2018.

1. RedEyedIrish
    RedEyedIrish Guest

This issue is not limited to Toshiba ext USB drives. I currently have 2 Seagate ext HD connected and they do the same thing when power options set to "Instant-On" AND "Turn off ext HD" is enabled. So far the only successful quick fix I've tried is to switch
    off "Instant-On" and use full shutdown. Pain in the ****. Hope MS resolves this issue hastily...

RedEyedIrish, Nov 3, 2018
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Under settings thwre is an option to turn off power from the usb when the console is idle or off to prevwnt this stuff!!
  3. RedEyedIrish Win User

This issue is not limited to Toshiba ext USB drives. I currently have 2 Seagate ext HD connected and they do the same thing when power options set to "Instant-On" AND "Turn off ext HD" is enabled. So far the only successful quick fix I've tried is to switch
    off "Instant-On" and use full shutdown. Pain in the ****. Hope MS resolves this issue hastily...
  4. Brian G Stanley Win User

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.
  5. qt12705 Win User

Ok, "reset and keep my games and apps" did not resolve the issue.

I know of 2 other people now who have different external drives but have the same problem.

This is obviously related to the October update.

Richard
  6. stevenstrange2 Win User

I had same problem myself with my Seagate game drive 2tb ever since the October update something to do with the instand-on option. As I no longer have this problem few days ago my external drive was stuck on most of day wouldn't go off as I fully turned
    off my xbox one s than unplugged my drive when came to put it back on it wouldn't my drive wasn't recognised by console and not spinning found out my drive died on my with all my games on it.
Thema:

1. Toshiba External Hard Drive spinning up every 60 seconds - Similar Threads - Toshiba External Hard

2. My Xbox one S blinks to a black screen for a second every 10 seconds. On a 4K Toshiba tv. I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S blinks to a black screen for a second every 10 seconds. On a 4K Toshiba tv. I...: Toshiba 65 inch 4k tv Xbox one S 847aa633-2e06-4f95-ae88-ee2be65dff31
  3. external storage issues with toshiba

in XboX Insiders
    external storage issues with toshiba: my toshiba external storage is not connecting to the xbox even though the light is on and it’s vibrating anyone know whats up submitted by /u/pineapplejelly69 [link] [comments]
  4. Toshiba usb storage expander not showing up suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Toshiba usb storage expander not showing up suddenly: I have a Toshiba storage expander 2tb connected by usb, for the Xbox series s and it’s been working fine for 4 months suddenly it says it’s not there and not showing up I have done all Microsoft...
  5. Why cant I connect my Xbox series s to my Toshiba tv? It just says input not supported, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I connect my Xbox series s to my Toshiba tv? It just says input not supported, any...: I have recently got a tv so my little brother can play Xbox while I do homework but I can not connect my Xbox to the tv, please can somebody help a59523fd-1fe9-49ab-9226-174924f50a64
  6. Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV: Hey So I’ve never had issues with my tv and have used CEC for a little while now. I decided to try adjusting the volume for the first time today (from the Xbox) and wow….things went very wrong....
  7. Toshiba L200 2 TB 5400RPM 2.5 Inch SATA HDD

in XBoX on Mobile
    Toshiba L200 2 TB 5400RPM 2.5 Inch SATA HDD: Can anyone please help i need more storage for my xbox one . I want to purchase Toshiba L200 2 TB 5400RPM 2.5 Inch SATA HDD will this hard drive work with the xbox one collective minds external...
  8. HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv?: Yesterday I got my uncle's old Toshiba TV and all I want to do is connect to the Xbox so I can play games and watch Netflix. I don't care about the DirecTV or whatever. But I connect the HDMI port...
  9. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  10. Does anyone know the best settings to calibrate Toshiba 4k TV on xbox one X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know the best settings to calibrate Toshiba 4k TV on xbox one X?: I’ve been having trouble calibrating my TOSHIBA-4K AMAZON FIRE TV(TOSHIBA_50LF621U19) to my Xbox One X. Does anyone know the best settings for it? The model number is TOSHIBA_50LF621U19....