Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

Discus and support Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, since Torchlight recently had another update (the one introducing the cursed captain char class), I thought I'd give it another go, but it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FadalmarsCounsel, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

Hi,

since Torchlight recently had another update (the one introducing the cursed captain char class),

I thought I'd give it another go,

but it's again unplayable for me:

screen res within windows

is set to max native montior res, which is 4K UHD ( 3840*2160 @ 60Hz)

windows DPI scaling is set to 150% (recommended)

so text,menus,icons etc won't appear way too small on desktop,explorer,browser etc..

I now can no longer change my resolution (the ingame menu shows my monitor @ 3840*2160

but the only selectable resolution below is 2560*1440 ..

also, switching from fullscreen to windowed

always results in a strange, unmovable window without borders located in the upper-left area of my screen.

Torchlight 3 was always problematic regarding recognizing&using the correct settings,

before the update it wouldn't switch to the new set resolution & windowed mode, until you hit F11 key one or two times (found that out by accident)

it was a little bit intricate method

but used to do the trick, at least I could finally run TL3 in windowed mode . (xbox game pass PC version)

Note that this might be again a specific problem of the xbox gamepass PC version of the game,

I used to play alpha/beta of TL3 on steam with a normal movable window that had normal borders and that "x" in the top right corner to quickly exit the game

it would also appear that way before the recent update on gamepass pc, I just had to press "F11" in order to switch to windowed mode..

For some reason TL3 on gamepass doesn't work as intended again anymore,

just like back when we had the problem on xbox gamepass with movement/autocollect pickup/radius for items&gold..

------------------------------------------------------------

why is it that the gamepass PC version is working worse than the steam one?

Is it a problem with how they had to change their game in order to be 'compatible' with the screwed up, stupid way how win10 app store/game pass installs&handles updates as well as hiding away/restricting access to the game's files?

I thought about manually editing the game's config files to see if that changes anything but couldn't find them.

ofc I can also not change and try out different per-app DPI scaling / fullscreen optimization methods,

because windows 10 restricts ownership/access to those files Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC) :(

also did a full de&re-install of Torchlight 3, wiping everything related to Torchlight & Frontiers from the disk in between,

nothing helped..

hardware/software: RTX 3060 Ti @ LG 27UD28-B @ 4K/60Hz

windows10 21H1 build 19043.1055 (with KB5004476 )

:)

FadalmarsCounsel, Jun 13, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. torchlight 3 weird reaolution

2. torchlight 3 change resolution