Tomb Raider

Discus and support Tomb Raider in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After recently playing Tomb Raider on a high-end PC last year, I was impressed by how good it looked. Lara's hair with TressFX blowing through the wind... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N7 Gh0stz, Jan 6, 2014.

1. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

Tomb Raider

After recently playing Tomb Raider on a high-end PC last year, I was impressed by how good it looked. Lara's hair with TressFX blowing through the wind was a sight to behold, and there were more than a few occasions where I had to stop and just look around
    at what the dangerous yet mythical island of Yamatai had in store. I thought adventuring through the treacherous cliffs and ruins was gorgeous, but I didn't realize how much better it could look until I got my hands on the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on
    PlayStation 4. The first thing I immediately noticed is how different Lara's head and face is in the Definitive Edition, which was a little surprising considering how iconic her new look has become. Her face mesh has seen an increase in density and as a result,
    the significant amount of new polygons in her face make her comes off as much more emotive and lifelike. Every texture on Lara has been upgraded and subsurface scattering was also added to her skin, so that when the sun hits her skin it goes under it, giving
    it a beautifully realistic soft glow. When she's tense or scared she'll even start to perspire, causing her skin to have a sheen on it. When she gets wet, so does her skin and her clothing. Even the mud and her blood have been given graphic boosts, making
    for a much grittier version of the heroine in some sequences. AMD and Crystal Dynamics' TressFX, the technology behind Lara's realistic hair in the PC version, is also coming to the Definitive Edition, and will be the first next-gen game to feature the luscious
    locks. To bring TressFX to console, it had to be completely overhauled and now it looks better than ever. As Lara's running through the game, her hair flows in the wind naturally. All the objects Lara carries have been given a physics treatment too. What might
    have seemed like simple touches on paper turn out to be incredibly detailed in action. Seeing Lara's axe swing at her hip, each individual arrow jiggle around in the quiver, her bow bob back and forth as she runs, and even her necklace dangling around adds
    an exquisite level of realism. There's no doubt that Lara looks incredibly realistic in The Definitive Edition, but what's even more impressive is how much better the island of Yamatai looks. Crystal Dynamics treats Yamatai as a character, and as such it has
    received a ton of upgrades. Every texture has been boosted to the maximum 4K resolution, and the developers did a lot of work with the shadow maps to add much more depth to each part of the world. The wood on buildings looks weathered, trees feel fuller, there
    are visible cracks in the walls, and rocks and cliffs are much craggier this time around thanks to their new specular maps. In order to make the island feel alive with environmental storytelling, the wind now changes dynamically. It breezes through the grass,
    leaves, and trees differently and depending on the strength of the wind they'll sway at different rates. Bushes and water also react to Lara, so when you run through brush it bounces off her properly and when you step in pools they'll splash. Extra lighting
    effects add yet another level of realism, with lifelike shadows and Godrays gleaming out between the leaves. A cinematic near-depth blur has also been added, so when things are too close to the screen they'll get a bit fuzzy, which makes you not only focus
    on the crisp environment around you, but it also adds more depth to every scene. Conversely, the draw distance has been increased to the max so you can now see farther, all the way to the horizon depending where you are. Vibrant fire embers are now dynamically
    lit and have refractive lighting, so you can even see the heat waves emitting from them and their reflective glows on the wall. Rain kicks on randomly too, and when raindrops hit water pools they ripple on the surface. During storms, cracks of lightning will
    light up the whole sky with raindrops, something that wouldn't have been possible on last-gen. When all of these wonderful touches are put together, you really get the sense that this world is alive and that there's a real person trying to make her way through
    it. On top of the many visual improvements, the Definitive Edition includes tons of prime Tomb Raider extras. For those who love finding treasure, all of the DLC comes bundled in, along with digital versions of the Tomb Raider comic, an art book, and the six
    Final Hours developer videos. In short, the Definitive Edition is a Tomb Raider that feels like a proper next-gen game and not a port-up. Its $60 asking price is perhaps a bit steep if you've already played it on a current-gen platform, but if you missed out
    on Lara's reboot last year, it's almost certain to be worth a look now. It's a pretty good read but I noticed he said his playing it on the ps4 yet he also said in its 4 k glory and we all know the ps4 can't play games in 4k only the xboxo me can do that

:)

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 6, 2014
  2. BigD18t
    BigD18t Guest
    BigD18t, Jan 6, 2014
  3. StuartATrueRed, Jan 6, 2014
  4. playgirlkayls Win User

Backlog

Shadow of the tomb raider and rise if the tomb raider for me
  5. JoelAlves1987 Win User

Games You Beat - 2019 Edition

Tomb Raider

Rise of Tomb Raider

Shadown Of The Tomb Raider

Gears 2

Gears 3

Gears Jugdement

gears 5

assassins cred Ezio Colection
  6. N7 Gh0stz Win User

What is your pick for 2015 Game Of The Year?

Lei rise of the tomb raider has a FREE demo on the store and the first tomb raider is free with gold. rise of the tomb raider wont b free for a long time
  7. ILOVEBAY0n37T4 Win User

Your Top 5 Most Wanted Games of 2013

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

It is the only game I want. I am furious at Square Enix for putting the game back six months. Just what the heck are they doing that needed the game to be put back 6 months.

It is nice to see just how many people are wanting the game. From the trailers I have seen it looks incredible.
  8. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Improvements (IGN)

The tomb raider devs said they have no plans for this new tomb raider to be on pc
Thema:

Tomb Raider

1. Tomb Raider - Similar Threads - Tomb Raider

2. Xbox x Rise of the tomb raider

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox x Rise of the tomb raider: I have received my new XBOX X and have have Rise of Tomb Raider , got the scene where Laura meets her mother in London, then it the screen goes white and l cannot continue the game . The game is...
  3. Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.: I was playing rise of the tomb raider on my Xbox series x. I was leaving the area after I collected the atlas and my game suddenly froze and then crashed. I reopened the game and when I looked at...
  4. I cant download rise of the tomb raider how can I ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download rise of the tomb raider how can I ?: I have a disc for Xbox one the consle I’m on and it doesn’t give me the option to download it. I went to the store and went to the game But it is not sold separately and doesn’t give me the option...
  5. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition keeps on crashing back to Xbox home page when I load my saved game. It will go to the loading screen but then after a few seconds crash. How do i fix this?? I’m 47%...
  6. I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider: A month or two ago I bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy and started playing the first one, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. I didn't open the other two games until I finished the...
  7. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sale Email Notification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sale Email Notification: Did anyone else receive this email notification for Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition? Despite the clear email details about the game being on sale for $5.99 it is not on sale at...
  8. Tomb Raider definitive edition keeps crashing on Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb Raider definitive edition keeps crashing on Series S: When playing Tomb Raider definitive edition on my Series S it will periodically freeze causing me to quit the game, restart it and have to play some sections over again. And after awhile it will...
  9. Bug de conquistas no Rise of the Tomb Raider

in XboX Insiders
    Bug de conquistas no Rise of the Tomb Raider: Mais alguém teve ou está com problema nas conquistas desse jogo? Eu fiz os requisitos necessários de 5 conquistas e todas elas bugaram e não desbloquearam (inclusive até repeti o processo para...
  10. tomb raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    tomb raider: am playing tomb raider definitive edition have collected everything and got to chasm shrine and went to raise cage and all the wheels do i s spin and ideas hos to fix this?...