"To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ...

Discus and support "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there A couple of days ago my connection to live stopped working. Ive reset (powered off and left for a minute or two) my Wifi Modem/router a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stevefromdownun, Dec 6, 2014.

1. "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ...

Hi there

A couple of days ago my connection to live stopped working.

Ive reset (powered off and left for a minute or two) my Wifi Modem/router a few times, however, the WIFI works on other devices.

I've unplugged the ethernet cable from both ends of the line and reconnected it mulpiple times

ive changed ports at the router end

Ive changed the ethernet cable for a different ethernet cable

And still, when trying to perform the connection test, I get this message.."To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem.".

Now I acknowledge that I lost power on the day that it stopped working, and would have been through an electrical storm (xbox was off but connected to power and internet, etc)

Can any one please tender any advice or assistance... or is it XBOX ONE TIME!?!?! which I cannot really afford!!!

Thanks in advance

:)

Stevefromdownun, Dec 6, 2014
  2. cant connect wired network

to use a wired internet connection make sure an ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem

CausativeCar32, Dec 6, 2014
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    cannot connect to Xbox Live any more

Greetings Cincinnatux!

[quote user="Cincinnatux"]One bizarre piece is that it now refuses to acknowledge that I have an ethernet connection[/quote]Do you receive the following error message: "To use a wired connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console
    and your router or modem"?

taidara, Dec 6, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

"To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ...

Hey there Stevefromdownun!

There was a service interruption at the time you posted, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please post back and let us know so we can help narrow down the issue! "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ... :)

Mister Beep, Dec 8, 2014
  5. I'm now having this problem with mine and my wife's Xbox 360.

I have:

Changed ports on the router

Changed the cables

Changed the router

Still I get nothing. Still shows me the "To used a wired Internet connection" screen. The last time it worked was the last update a week or two ago. Maybe that is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

RyuKaiShin2005, May 22, 2015
  6. HappyG v2
    HappyG v2 Guest
    Try a new Ethernet cable. Those electrical storms can be dangerous.

HappyG v2, May 23, 2015
  7. I got a new cable and a new router. We haven't had any storms recently.

RyuKaiShin2005, May 23, 2015
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

@RuyKaiShin2005 - Since your problem is related down to the physical layer there is not much you can troubleshoot from your end, part from making sure your router's physical ports are in mint condition and that the Ethernet cable you're using is in working
    order.

If it still prompts you with: 'To use a wired internet connection make sure an ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem', you would need to request a repair for your console.

If you have the option to connect any of your consoles with wireless, then try this method and see if it can connect properly. Otherwise, request a repair for your console at: myservice.xbox.com

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  9. XxLinkMastaxX Win User

Ethernet Problem

yes, i tried even with another router, but it still doesn't work, "To use a wired internet connection make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or your modem" that is the problem that pops up, it doesn't show that the
    Ethernet cable is connected...
  10. taidara Win User

New ethernet cable not working/possible incompatible ethernet cable

Greetings LIVEMAGMALIVE!

I couldn't see why this new cable wouldn't work with your console, unless the cable is defect.

Do you receive the following message: "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem"?

Could you try connect this cable to your computer.

Thank you!
  11. mick2293 Win User

connecting to xbox live

i'm having same problem,i try to test connection and it tells me when i go to wired network that" to use internet connection,make sure an ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem" then won't go any further and i've checked
    all my connections and double checked all my wire's and their all good
  12. taidara Win User

Can't connect to xbox live <--- Please help

Hey there Remiss!

Do you receive the following message: "To use a wired connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem"?

What is the make and model of your router?

The Ethernet cable, attached to your console, which device does it connect to?

Do you have the option to connect wireless with your console?
  13. taidara Win User

"IP Address Error"

Are you getting any hardware failure message, for example "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected..."? Try with a wireless solution to see if the Xbox can connect to your wireless network instead.
Thema:

1. "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to both ... - Similar Threads - wired Internet connection

2. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  3. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...
  4. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  5. Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...: I play Call of Duty MWII and all of sudden I have not been able to connect to the online services anymore. My internet works fine and other games work fine too. I tried redownloading Call of Duty...
  6. I have a wired connection and it will not connect to the internet and I'll connect to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a wired connection and it will not connect to the internet and I'll connect to the...: I have a hardware connection and it will connect to the network but not the internet or Xbox live a3884518-2690-45f6-9099-55bc5f8fff15
  7. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba
  8. Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX): If for some reason you are experiencing not being able to connect to the internet via a wired connection or if you are able to connect via wired connection but not WiFi! The only fix I’ve found is...
  9. My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode: I can't get my series S to connect. I've tried every version of power cycling and hard factory reset. Now I'm stuck in the initial setup and it won't connect. Every other device in my house...
  10. Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection: XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has been connected to the router/hub for a year....