Title Update/ Regarding Character Data

Discus and support Title Update/ Regarding Character Data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So basically I turn on dark souls, after like a month of not playing it, and I go through series of updates and compatibility patches. At the end of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zakeba, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Zakeba
    Zakeba Guest

So basically I turn on dark souls, after like a month of not playing it, and I go through series of updates and compatibility patches. At the end of all this I get information regarding character data title update. It says that I can't use any of my character
    data from before this update, and that I have to download the latest title update which I already did. And I can't no longer access any of my old safe file for my characters to continue. Need help on what to do next

:)

Zakeba, Jul 30, 2014
  2. Work arounds for getting past tutorials

Found this today

10/2/13 Note: Some players have reported being able to get into the Tutorial race by re-downloading the Title Update, which can be deleted from Xbox Home or the PS3 XMB (Game Data Utility, NOT save data). Others reported having luck by selecting "Swap Character"
    from the Online tab within the pause menu, deleting the character that was unable to get into the tutorial, and then creating a new character. Going into GTAO in Solo mode may also help to allow completion of the tutorial. Some who were experience this issue
    have been able to get in just by trying again later.

University Sound.., Jul 30, 2014
  3. Console freezes when I enter specific game

Yes, I tried that but still, didn't work.

And I do not know which save data to delete.

There is several save data.

BO2 World Save Data(was it?)

Title Update

BO2 Data

Maybe something is wrong with update.

When I erase update, i can play game perfectly

(i have to disconnect my internet so update message doesn't pop up)

MiffedArtifact8, Jul 30, 2014
  4. Title Update/ Regarding Character Data

The title update message states that any characters created after applying the title update cannot be accessed in games that don't have the title update.

For example, let's say that you download and install the title update and create a new character. Then you go to a friends house to play Dark Souls 2 but your friend doesn't have the title update. You will not be able to play your new character at their
    house until they also download and install the title update.

The title update should not affect pre-existing characters in any way. This could be a problem with a corrupt save file or it could be a problem that the update didn't get applied fully/correctly.

I did have some weirdness with the title update where it looked like I had downloaded and installed it - but then it prompted me to install again and the second time it went by really fast. Might be a good idea to shut down, restart and then see if you can
    re-install the update.

Patrick M. Martin, Jul 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: