Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps

Discus and support Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I recently got a brand new phone that meets the requirements for cloud gaming, as well as a Razer Kishi Xbox edition. Up until yesterday I've been able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Sephone, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Sephone
    Sephone Guest

Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps

I recently got a brand new phone that meets the requirements for cloud gaming, as well as a Razer Kishi Xbox edition. Up until yesterday I've been able to stream games and play them with the Kishi controller. Yesterday I tried streaming a game through Xbox
    Beta and found that input from the thumbsticks and d-pad were not being recognized while streaming the game. All other buttons seemed to work.

I've tested this with the Xbox Game Pass app, too. The thumbsticks and d-pad otherwise work for navigating my phone as expected. I can use them to navigate the Xbox Game Pass app but not the Xbox Beta app. Input from them doesn't register at all when streaming
    in either app.

I also found the same behaviour when testing with a Bluetooth-connected Xbox One X controller.

The phone and both apps have the latest updates, and both controllers have the latest firmware.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? How can I troubleshoot it?

:)

Sephone, Oct 18, 2020
  2. marlenetoledo1 Win User

Yes im Experiencing the samething. My bluetooth controller as well as my bluse tooth headset are both not working. Ive tried everything even paid my internet bill early because xbox siad it might be running slow and was not the issue also bought a new
    controller today was not the issue. So it has to be an xbox issue im waiting on a call in 45 mins from them to try to fix this issue and or find out when they will have it fixed. Because this is Totally unacceptable. Im also upset that i had to spend unnecessary
    money out my pocket trying to fix this issue
  3. RobG88 Win User

Windows 10 preview build 10547 - Xbox streaming broken

Upgraded to Xbox App beta 9.9.21000 but still having the same issue:

Able to stream to my Xbox, but the controller is passing its input to both the Xbox and the Xbox App beta - the Xbox is controllable but the Xbox App beta is also being controlled by the controller - so pressing the B button at any time immediately terminates
    the streaming.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

My game pass app has said I am suspended for about a month now and it won’t let me access perks because of it

Both on the Game Pass app on mobile and on the Xbox app on the computer?
  5. pcplod007 Win User

Game pass log in

I used to be signed in but am not any more, I have used both the game pass and game pass beta apps I have tried using wifi and mobile network and still go round in circles I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the apps I am logged in fine on the xbox
    app
  6. Tofuburger80 Win User

"Failed To Start Cloud Gaming Session" Fix?

I had this same problem since this morning. Not sure if this is the fix, but it began working.

I have been using the Xbox Game Pass (beta) to play cloud games. This is the app that stopped working.

I went on Google Play and downloaded the Xbox Game Pass (not beta) app. The game started this time.

Again I'm not sure if that's the solution, but it worked for me.
Thema:

1. Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps - Similar Threads - Thumbstick Pad input

2. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  3. My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all: My right thumbstick on my xbox series x controller Is always pressed down even though I am not pressing it at all. Anyone know a fix? 00dd1c1c-98cd-477e-8045-4317899527cd
  4. Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?: I just got a Series X after using my One S and I’m finding myself really bad at all my favourite games It’s because the stick has moved slightly and so I’m no longer using the same part of my...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Right d-pad/left thumbstick issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Right d-pad/left thumbstick issue: My Elite Controller keeps inputting the right d-pad (or the right input on the left stick) which makes it impossible to navigate the UI and play games. How do I fix this issue? (my warranty ran...
  8. Left thumbstick controls d-pad when connected gamepad to phone

in XboX Insiders
    Left thumbstick controls d-pad when connected gamepad to phone: I found out a strange issue. I connected my gamepad to my phone (Samsung A71), and was streaming fh4 from my XSX through xbox beta app. I found out that when I move thumbstick, not only my car...
  9. Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old!: Five months ago, I purchased the Green/Orange Microsoft Xbox Controler for $65.00. It was much better than the one that came with the S. I play about 2 to 4 hrs of hardcore gaming per day. After 4...
  10. Xbox One pad right thumbstick doesn't register left or right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One pad right thumbstick doesn't register left or right: So mid game on Battlefield 4 my Day One pad's right thumbstick stops responding to left and right movement. It works up and down and clicking it still has the desired function, it just doesn't...