Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia Edition

Discus and support Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just wanted to say that this thing got delivered today, and it is awesome. Took me a while to play with the settings and get it calibrated how I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FullHornet, Jul 8, 2014.

1. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest

Just wanted to say that this thing got delivered today, and it is awesome. Took me a while to play with the settings and get it calibrated how I wanted it, but after that I have been having a blast with it on Forza 5. I can definitely see many hours of
    fun with this in Forza and other racing series in the near future on Xbox One.

:)

FullHornet, Jul 8, 2014
  2. Lord Dirt
    Lord Dirt Guest
    Lord Dirt, Jul 8, 2014
  3. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    EnenDaveyBoy, Jul 8, 2014
  4. iamcatdaddy
    iamcatdaddy Guest

I am having difficultly with the Wheel Settings...Possible you can provide how you set yours up?

iamcatdaddy, Jul 9, 2014
  5. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    If you go into the controller settings menu in the forza profile menu with the wheel hooked up do it, then you will see the options to alter the settings to your liking. The only thing that I changed on mine were the Force Feedback which I dropped down
    to 25%, and the Vibration which I dropped down to 50%. I left everything else alone so far.

FullHornet, Jul 9, 2014
  6. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    You just have to play and experiment with the in game settings until you have it at the levels that are right for you.

FullHornet, Jul 9, 2014
  7. @FullHornet - Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I've been using the TX for awhile now and it definitely takes the experience up a few notches. Did you get your TX with an external power supply (power brick outside the wheel base) or with an integrated power
    supply (power cord coming out of the base plugs straight into the wall)?

@catdaddy - When you say you're having "difficulty" - what do you mean? Are you having problems finding where/how to configure the wheel settings? Are you having problems with the wheel not functioning/feeling as you expect it to?

If you give us a little more information - we can probably set you on the right track.

Patrick M. Martin, Jul 9, 2014
  8. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest

It plugs straight in to the wall. There is no external power brick. I played Forza for a good four hours last night and it did not even get warm. Only problem I had was that I did not have the wheel itself tightened enough and it came unscrewed on me.
    Easy fix though.

FullHornet, Jul 9, 2014
  9. iamcatdaddy
    iamcatdaddy Guest
    Thanks for the response everyone...when I say I am difficultly with the TX Wheel Settings...I am able to get into the settings but I need to tame the wheel more as I friends play they all indicate that the wheel seems to react to much which causes the car
    to hit the wall or turn over...just interested in what setting I should make

iamcatdaddy, Jul 10, 2014
  10. @FullHornet - Keep an eye on it. The versions that plug into the wall are the original versions of the wheel and there have been multiple reports of problems (including myself). Thrustmaster is good about replacing the wheel bases so I wouldn't worry about
    it - but just keep an eye one it.

@catdaddy - You probably just want to lower the force feedback setting.

Patrick M. Martin, Jul 10, 2014
  11. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    So far so good crunchy. I will keep that in mind. I also bought the three year product replacement plan that the retailer that I purchased it from offered so if it does break either way I will be able to get it replaced. I played for a good five hours
    the other night and the base did not even get warm. I even kept putting my hand on it to make sure that it was not getting to hot but thanks for the heads up again.

FullHornet, Jul 10, 2014
  12. A long time ago I wound up buying a wheel for use with Forza 1 on the OG Xbox. Then, I used a wheel for years with both Forza 2 and Forza 3 on the 360. I found a cool, low profile leather chair that looks like a nice piece of furniture for the den/my man
    cave and built a stand for the wheel too. My old wheel and the stand I built are sitting in my garage collecting dust. I just can't bring myself to drop $350+ on a new wheel. For another $200 I'll buy a new S&W M&P chambered for .40 or maybe a tactical magnifier
    for my AR which will work with my EOTech holo.

With all that being said, reading about you guys and your wheels does make me miss it more.

DTW Dirty Harry, Jul 10, 2014
  13. Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia Edition

Oh, and I used the wheel for Forza 4 on the 360 too. After using a wheel for half a dozen years or more it's not cool going back to a controller. Maybe when there's a much cheaper wheel option or I can find a decent used one I'll bite but not until then.

I mean, for $325 I can buy a new cold air intake for my 2012 Mustang and get another 14 or so BHP....

DTW Dirty Harry, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: