This Solved My NAT Troubles

Discus and support This Solved My NAT Troubles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This might not work for everyone, but if your router doesn't support UPnP, this might help you out. Credits go to SomeJoe over at the AT&T Forums for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David John Dwyer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. This Solved My NAT Troubles

This might not work for everyone, but if your router doesn't support UPnP, this might help you out.

Credits go to SomeJoe over at the
    AT&T Forums
    for this.

Also, as a note, this will only open up ports for one console. Not multiples.

Here is the proper method to open ports on the 2Wire routers for the Xbox 360. This should give you an open NAT.

1. Open a web browser, browse to the URL of your U-Verse® Residential Gateway (usually http://192.168.1.254).
    2. Click the Settings tab at the top.
    3. Click the Firewall label in the second row of tabs.
    4. Click the Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ label in the third row of tabs.
    5. Click on your XBox 360 under section (1). You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
    6. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
    7. Click Add a New User-Defined Application.
    8. Type "XBox 360 Live" in the Application Profile Name field.
    9. Select TCP for the protocol.
    10. Type 3074 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    11. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    12. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    13. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    14. Click the Add to List button.
    15. Select UDP for the protocol.
    16. Type 3074 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    17. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    18. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    19. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    20. Click the Add to List button.
    21. Select UDP for the protocol.
    22. Type 88 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    23. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    24. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    25. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    26. Click the Add to List button.
    27. Click the Back button.
    28. Reselect your XBox 360 under section (1). You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
    29. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
    30. Click "XBox 360 Live" in the Application list.
    31. Click the Add button. XBox 360 Live will now be listed in the Hosted Applications list.
    32. Click the Save button at the bottom.

Now reboot your XBox 360, you should have an open NAT type.

This procedure opens only the necessary ports on your router (3074 TCP/UDP, and 88 UDP), and directs them to the XBox 360 only, not to the whole network. Thus, the security implications are minimal.

This worked like a charm for me. I know it's suggested to open up Port 53 as well,

but he addresses that in the link at the beginning, from whence I took this information.

And so far, no problems!

:)

David John Dwyer, Feb 23, 2014
  2. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    youtube app bug?

Forcing a proper (energy saving in the settings menu) shut down solves most NAT issues in my experience.

Munkey Boy, Feb 23, 2014
  3. Tedow420
    Tedow420 Guest
    xbox one open nat cod ghosts moderate/ strict nat solution fix

Port 3075 solved my problem!!!! Thank you! Xbox one was open nat and cod ghosts said moderate. This solved it!! Thank you

Tedow420, Feb 23, 2014
  4. DGYT
    DGYT Guest

Nice Guide! Not something someone would normally post on this forum, but nice fix!

5. DGYT Win User

Nice Guide! Not something someone would normally post on this forum, but nice fix!
  6. Carter Burns Win User

None of my friends can join my minecraft world

This solved my problem my nat was not open thanks
  7. Onyx Is Here Win User

How do you fix a Double NAT issue and make your NAT type open

Hello Bryce, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection

If you're experiencing a double NAT then it may be an issue with your modem/router. Please check the steps at this link for more assistance solving the problem. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/do...
  8. jmcode Win User

Nat troubles

No. Unfortunately, your Motorola CPEi 25150 WiMax 4G "modem" is also a router, which means that you have a classic double NAT situation (router behind a router) that prevents Open NAT unless very specifically configured. (You can verify this by looking
    at the WAN IP reported by the Netgear--it is likely a private class IP such as 192.168.x.x). You can poke around the modem's web interface to see what settings it allows you to configure; but unfortunately from what I can find, unless something has changed,
    that modem on Clear lacks the necessary settings to allow you to disable its routing (disable NAT, disable DHCP server, place in bridge-only mode) to allow you to use it strictly as a modem with the Netgear as the only router (thus, eliminating double NAT).
    If that is the case, you have a few options. 1) IF the Motorola allows port forwarding (appears it might) or properly supports UPnP, you should be able to use it as the only router and disable the Netgear's routing (disable its DHCP server, connect the Motorola
    to a LAN port on the Netgear, NOT the WAN port). OR 2) If the Motorola lets you assign a DMZ (appears it might), putting the IP of the Netgear there may allow its port forwarding to work. OR 3) Replace the Netgear with a simple switch (presuming the reason
    you have the Netgear is for additional ethernet ports), and use the Motorola as the only router and wireless access point. OR 4) See if you can get a new modem that is strictly a modem or can be put into bridge-only mode (disables routing, NAT, DHCP server).

Here's additional information that may help explain what is going on:

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php
  9. bLiNdSnIpErZ20 Win User

Nat troubles

Would changing the Advertisement Period and Advertisement TTL on the UPNP work? I read somewhere that changing the Advertisement Period to 2 minutes, and the Advertisement TTL to 10 would fix it. I just want make sure that my internet won't be to totally
    messed up if I do that.
Thema:

1. This Solved My NAT Troubles - Similar Threads - Solved NAT Troubles

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  4. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  5. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  6. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...
  7. Anyone know how to solve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve this?: I got this problem a few months ago on my stationary computer that my character keeps walking for a few seconds even though I release the w-key. This happeneds in multiple games and it doesn't...
  8. Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  9. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  10. Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?: I am having issue with my Xbox series x connection . NAT type is moderate and UPnP not successful . How to solve this I tried what I could. Thank you 34f49f2f-1e2a-4c28-8c18-bea6ab4f7c46