this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass

Discus and support this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; yesterday I was playing Minecraft like usual but today when I opened the launcher ... my account was logged out ... i tried to log it back in and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by artin sodaei, Aug 1, 2023.

1. artin sodaei
    artin sodaei Guest

this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass

yesterday I was playing Minecraft like usual but today when I opened the launcher ... my account was logged out ... i tried to log it back in and it didn't work so I went to minecraft.net. there I logged in using my email but then it just created a new x box Live and told me to choose a Gamertag ( I already had a gamer tag but typing that in didn't work ) so I made another and logged in and it said that I don't have a Minecraft account .... I also logged in to the launcher and it also didn't work and offered me the demo version . or on 3rd party launchers like Badlion client, it says : this account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass.. please give me a solution to recover the account.

:)

artin sodaei, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Artin!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Minecraft account. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Based on your description, you were using a different account all along and your Minecraft account must have migrated/linked to the original Microsoft account email address where it was first created.

You can check out this link for further information regarding Minecraft account migration:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

In order to find the Microsoft account where your Minecraft account was migrated, you will need to sign in to all of your Microsoft email accounts on account.microsoft.com > then go to Payment and Billing > Order History.

From there, check if you have any Minecraft transactions. If you have found the transactions, use the same Microsoft account to log in to Minecraft Launcher.

If you haven't found the transaction it only means that it is not the account where your Minecraft account was migrated.
  3. artin sodaei Win User

hi, thanks for the response. but I can't find it in order history there and I don't have any other Microsoft accounts other than this. what should I do? i only used 1 email for it. Is it possible that I accidentally made 2 accounts with the same email?
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Minecraft Launcher and the website tell me to buy Game Pass for PC even though I have Ultimate

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try downloading Minecraft Launcher on ONLY MICROSOFT STORE on your friend's or family member windows desktop/laptop using your account. 2nd Sign in the account that you own the gamepass to the minecraft java. The game will verify that you own the gamepass then you're processed when it says "play with gamepass" than the demo version. Final step is to download minecraft launcher on your MacOS from minecraft(dot)net/download then download the MacOS version and after downloaded you sign in with gamepass account then you're done.

I'm saying to download from MS store on your friend's or family's windows pc is because the MS store version will actually validate your gamepass than the minecraft.net version. After you've validate on your windows you can go to your Mac and download from minecraft.net/download for macOS then sign in the account that you own the gamepass.

Credit - ZSpiffyGamerZ
  5. Arsalan_824 Win User

Minecraft Java asks me to buy again.

Hi Fernando,

I have tried this already and it does not work.

The problem is that when Iog into microsoft and look at my owned games, it appears that my microsoft account does not own minecraft java edition and only owns the bedrock edition, even though i've been playing Java edition on it daily up till now.

Thanks.
  6. Malc222_678 Win User

Purchased Minecraft Starter Pack but not working with Minecraft Launcher

Hi Janet

We tried the steps with Powershell as Admin, and restarted the PC at the end, but it still does not recognise the Minecraft in my account, even though it says "You own this game", and Minecraft appears in my XBox library, but after launching Minecraft it asks us to purchase the game again.

thanks

malc
Thema:

1. this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass - Similar Threads - microsoft account does

2. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  3. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  4. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  5. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  6. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  7. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  8. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  9. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  10. Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?: I have the ps4 version of Minecraft on my Ps5 from my old console/my ps account. I would expect my Microsoft account to transfer over my ps since it has done this for a previously owned Xbox and...