Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller

Discus and support Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently I found my father's old Xbox 360 controller and I had used the cable that connects to the controller to connect it to my PC through USB and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FranklinThe 1, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller

So recently I found my father's old Xbox 360 controller and I had used the cable that connects to the controller to connect it to my PC through USB and it connects and it shows up as a device but when I use steam it doesn't detect the controller even though my computer does. If there's a way to fix this that'd be great.

:)

FranklinThe 1, Jul 25, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Add cable is only for charging, and is not usable as a data cable
  3. Lurdiak Win User

My Xbox 360 PC controller turns off any time a game would send a vibration signal - even with vibration turned off.

I don't use any third party accessories of any kind, and the link you provided made me download an app that seems to only detect Xbox One and Xbox Series X controllers, which is not the controller I'm using.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Do USB PC / Playstation controllers plugged into a PC work with Xbox One via the Windows console companion app?

Hi,

For the companion app to work with your PlayStation Dual Shock controller, you'll need a third party application like

DS4 Windows

I have no personal experience of this application, but it is something discussed often in other forums. It's totally safe.

DS4 Windows basically fools Windows 10 into thinking your DS4 is an Xbox 360 controller. Xbox 360 controllers should work fine with Streaming Xbox One to a PC, so the PlayStation Dual shock should hopefully work also. But it won't work on it's own.

For other controllers to work natively, Windows needs to see them as 'Xinput' compatible. Any controller that is Xinput compatible should be seen as either an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One controller. What they will be detected as depends on the model and the
    age of the third party controller.
  5. Photonimus Win User

Controller Suport

It's a third party controller.

While designed for the Xbox 360, it's not made by, or endorsed by, microsoft/xbox.

Microsoft/xbox support doesn't cover third party items.
  6. Auswulf Win User

MS should release the Xbox One's style fixed d pad for 360.

Worth a try but I don't see it ever happening. By the time the new console gets released the old 360 controller will be considered old technology. It is possible third parties will step up to make a xbox one style controller that will work with the Xbox
    360. It has happened before with the original xbox with 360 style like controllers. A third party company also may yet make an adapter that could possibly make the One controller backwards compatible with the 360.
Thema:

1. Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller - Similar Threads - Third Party Apps

2. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  3. Third Party or Hall Effect Joystick Bug on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third Party or Hall Effect Joystick Bug on Xbox: Hi all, In 2 different games, Baldur's Gate 3 and Lightyear Frontier I've noticed the right stick not working properly when using the crafting wheel in game. In BG3 you can at least select every...
  4. Third party hall effect sensors replacement for xbox controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third party hall effect sensors replacement for xbox controller?: Does anyone know where to find hall effect sensors sticks to put into your stock xbox controller? I know that Gulikit does for the Switch and Steamdeck and I know that third party controllers on...
  5. Third party devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third party devices: I was mostly curious if I could receive a console ban for using a unauthorized third party device like XIM matrix 36cdd885-86b4-463b-bdd7-a3bd2f9bf8ca
  6. I heard third party devices are getting banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    I heard third party devices are getting banned: I am 90% sure I have undiagnosed tourettes and would like to know if I could get banned/console banned for using a strikepack. My thumbs uncontrollably flick up pretty often and it makes it hard...
  7. What are the most affordable third party controllers that Xbox will accept?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the most affordable third party controllers that Xbox will accept?: Got a controller from Amazon and now it says February 22nd it'll stop worried. I am thoroughly annoyed but not angry because it has a turbo button and even though I don't play multiplayer much I...
  8. Xbox OS support for FANATEC - more features of third-party input devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox OS support for FANATEC - more features of third-party input devices: Hello, Since three years Microsoft is working on enabling proper functionality of FANATEC’s devices. With Forza Motorsport already launched, Assetto Corsa Competizione having cross play with PS5...
  9. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....
  10. Is it legal to buy games from third parties?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it legal to buy games from third parties?: Hello In Algeria some sellers they have a method to play games on Xbox series S called control parental, They share the game with you throughout using an email. and following this control...