They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 465gb of it but mine says 364gb when...

Discus and support They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 465gb of it but mine says 364gb when... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 400 and something of it, but mine says 364gb when I have 500gb system???... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DADON ..., Nov 18, 2022.

1. DADON ...
    DADON ... Guest

They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 465gb of it but mine says 364gb when...

They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 400 and something of it, but mine says 364gb when I have 500gb system???

:)

DADON ..., Nov 18, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 465gb of it but mine says 364gb when I have 500gb system??

The 364 is actually normal for Xbox. It's due to system files.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

How much GB will the Xbox One Hard Drive be exactly?

A Typical 500GB hard drive will actually be 465GB after formatting. The Xbox One will however have 3 operating systems. These OS's will be pre-installed on the hard drive. After that I would say it will probably have about 450GB available to the end user.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Why does my Xbox one only have 365GB available out of the 500GB I paid for?

start with the basics.

hdd manufacturers count 1000 Megabytes to a Gigabyte.

Software is designed and calculate hdd space as 1024 Megabytes in a gigabyte.

500GB when formatted is 465GB

Then you have the system files, xbox 360 system files, cache, updates and reserved storage for screen capture and video capture.
  5. NonSportsGirl Win User

5 games took 250 gig of space is it normal?

A 500gb isn't going to be 500gb as the first thing, more like 465gb in actual usable space.

Then Elite hits it spot on, you are losing a large slice of that space to the operating system.

500gb doesn't go a long way in this day and age.

I would seriously suggest investing in a USB 3 external hard drive for your console if you aren't the sort to be deleting all the time.
  6. Enraged Bacon Win User

How much space will the Hard Drive on the Xbox One have exactly?

Well its a 500GB hard drive.

After typical format of a 500GB drive, you get 465 real gigabytes

So user available space will probably be between 400-465GB
Thema:

1. They say if you have a 500gb system you can use about 465gb of it but mine says 364gb when... - Similar Threads - 500gb system 465gb

2. I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...: Is this just how the Xbox is made now, to force people to pay an extra 400$ to play some of their games? 101b60ff-0803-4dc5-bc92-8ad645d6c617
  3. Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.: Because everytime I check it’s only 1TB there but when I check in other stores they have them but they’re over priced. Also on the website it said they’re going for around $89.99 but again when I...
  4. Xbox one original 500gb usb ports not working plus the sync button is not allowing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one original 500gb usb ports not working plus the sync button is not allowing the...: Hi i have a problem with an xbox one. none of the usb ports are working and also the Sync button is not working. Apart from this the xbox runs normal but after completing all soft rests without...
  5. Windows 11 Fresh install dont want to download 500gb worth of games again

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 Fresh install dont want to download 500gb worth of games again: Hello I have 2 gaming pcs that I’ve just upgraded and I plan to fresh install windows 11 on them both I’ve been putting this off for a few weeks now because of this issue I have enrolled in the...
  6. Xbox one S will not recognise 500gb ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S will not recognise 500gb ssd: Hi I decided to upgrade the internal hdd of my One S to a ssd (500gb) . At first I tried using a crucial BX500 which the console would not recognise so got a WD blue 500gb ssd which worked for a...
  7. Xbox one x seagate 500gb external hard drive needs a usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x seagate 500gb external hard drive needs a usb: Theres nowhere to buy a usb cord to connect my seagate 500gb harddrive to my xbox. 7a67fb8a-a6c2-4852-9e60-4e41e859210c
  8. Xbox disco duro externo 500gb[Xbox external hard drive 500gb]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disco duro externo 500gb[Xbox external hard drive 500gb]: Tengo un disco duro externo de xbox ,,360 nuevo pero mi consola no lo detecta, probe mi otro didco duro de 50 gb y esa si la detecto necesito ayuda para solucionar el problema [Translation - I...
  9. Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates.: Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but this is doing my head in! Had my xbox one for ages now. Basically since the first month of them coming out in the UK. It has been replaced...
  10. xbox one s 500gb broke system crashed lost receipt purchased in august 2018 need a receipt...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s 500gb broke system crashed lost receipt purchased in august 2018 need a receipt...: Last year my son purchased xbox one s 500 gb as a August 2018 birthday gift. The xbox stopped working. I contacted the repair/warranty center. They requested proof via receipt, son paid cash and...