There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

Discus and support There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; meh I'm not into Skype period. The Twitch camera is nice but at most it's comparable to what's being offered on other systems (ahem camera - which had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Igneuss, Mar 17, 2014.

  1. Igneuss
    Igneuss Guest

    There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers


    meh I'm not into Skype period. The Twitch camera is nice but at most it's comparable to what's being offered on other systems (ahem camera - which had streaming like that day 1).

    So we got a 100 dollar web cam with a crap mic - nice.
     
    Igneuss, Mar 17, 2014
    #16
  2. @ Rippen Rare is a shell of what it used to be back in it's day it was a outstanding developer.

    Today Rare = family shovel ware !
     
    WildChameleon, Mar 17, 2014
    #17
  3. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @Rippen...... 100% agree on the Skype... I never Skyped until X1, best Skype cam out there. Looking forward to Kinect Rivals....
     
    kingvas78, Mar 17, 2014
    #18
  4. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

    Whats you name? When did i mention RARE? ANd you never talk about games so irrelevent.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 17, 2014
    #19
  5. @ Rippen you stated earlier that Rare needs to prove nothing lol!

    I couldn't care about the MS Rare, but they did destroy em.

    Like I said today's Rare a shadow software developer to what it once was.
     
    WildChameleon, Mar 17, 2014
    #20
  6. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    There i did, but names alone in todays industry dont mean much. Infinity Ward isnt really Infinity Ward. We understand you get bent out of joint for MS or Kinect. Fact is there a market for kinect games and Rare are making them. Ill pick KInect Rivals up
    for sure because "i'm a Real gamer" see how dumb that sounds. Ill pick it up because those games are fun with my kids and they love them aswell.

    So yes they need to prove nothing to you as they are making games for a different audience now and arent really the team you think you thought was so good.

    Go find a team or dev making games you like now, instead of trying to find and post negative or pointless threads. which show absolutely nothing about this love of gaming you surely once had.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 17, 2014
    #21
  7. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    I have plenty of reasons why I like having Kinect but my favourite by far is it keeps people like Wild off the system. There are enough annoying children on Live as there is without having to mute yet another one haha
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Mar 17, 2014
    #22
  8. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

    There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

    I could not imagine using the xbox without the kinetic, I always turn it on and off with voice, party chat would be so difficult to use without, same as twitch, Skype. My Mrs loves the fitness app too.
     
    f00xm4n, Mar 17, 2014
    #23
  9. SMG90x
    SMG90x Guest
    Yea the kinect was a horrible idea lmao
     
    SMG90x, Mar 17, 2014
    #24
  10. [quote user="Igneuss"]Then there's no point to it. When they could have just put a mic on the controller and register voice commands and skip the whole advanced Kinect thing all together[/quote]

    I would have happily accepted a mic on the controller from Microsoft, if it worked aswell.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Mar 17, 2014
    #25
  11. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    You also have to remember, that the new kinect is very new, it will take time for developers to start planning how to use it, and I do think ATM is going to be Xbox exclusives that will want to use it most, fable will be interesting.

    Kinect will come into play best not with kinect only games but games that utilise all the functions of kinect, like heart beat, mood, etc.

    Give it time.
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Mar 17, 2014
    #26
  12. The latest update patch notes mention continued improvements to the Kinect's voice commands and motion controls - that means 2 things: (1) they're definitely working on it & (2) it WILL get better. There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 18, 2014
    #27
  13. There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

    @ Geek more bad news for the anti Kinnect mob then ? Also Rippen i got no problem with you making a fool out your self with your kids and Kinect Rivals mate. But fingers crossed i hope it never truly catches on. Just a whole new generation bought up on
    naff games that teaches nothing about gaming what so ever. I'm sure a chimp could become an amazing gamer with Kinect. But what does that say about the future ?
     
    WildChameleon, Mar 18, 2014
    #28
  14. Doubted and was not keen on kinect at launch but now am using it every day

    nice one Microsoft
     
    MessiahBrowny, Mar 18, 2014
    #29
  15. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    It wouldn't have worked as well for me because I would have to power up the controller to control the BluRay player. It's pretty sweet not having to look for a remote/power-up a controller to watch movies.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Mar 19, 2014
    #30
Thema:

There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

Loading...
  1. There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers - Similar Threads - There's still single

  2. Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them: I checked the omega ring patch notes this morning and it said mythic achievements were available however i have updated my console and still nothing is there can someone explain this to me...
  3. Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?: I just got my first Mythic Achievement on PC, in the game INSIDE. Even though the achievement popped up during gameplay, it’s still not showing as available on my profile (and it’s not showing up...
  4. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  5. 1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?

    in XboX Insiders
    1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?: I’ve been trying to understand how to get the newly updated Remote Play to actually show at 1440p across many different test devices to no avail. I see the updated options, I can check the 1440p...
  6. Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital: am I the only one? is there something I am doing wrong? I’m level 3 omega and haven’t had an update come to my console since 8/19. Ive been celebrating disc to digital for almost a month before it...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...

    in XboX Insiders
    To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...: Ive tried Restarting my console Downloading the bundle instead of the independent app Downloading something else first submitted by /u/Uneasiermoon [link] [comments]
  9. Alpha Skip Ahead Patch 2 Still broken Purchase History.

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Patch 2 Still broken Purchase History.: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lzw3ptkaa70dnvyxpwhp1/20260810\_221420.mp4?rlkey=bx7lny9dzko2b0y0713qy4lqs&st=p0g27uar&dl=0 submitted by /u/Apexassassln [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox rewards is still not fixed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox rewards is still not fixed.: Regression: Just a quick update from the last update, rewards is still not fixed, it won't auto redeem and it won't stay activated, Reported on xbox 8.37pm Beta ring build 2608 submitted by...